Boccages

Bells
Switch
0347-4629-2695
Silver Mailbox
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Mailbox
DigiTimes is reporting that Nintendo is prepping up for a new Switch model to be released this summer. Now, now, DigiTimes doesn't have a spotless reputation, but the Wall Street Journal correspondant Takashi Mochizuki (a much more credible source) is adding weight to that rumor by saying that it's not a far-fetched speculation to think Nintendo might be releasing a new model this year.

And if Nintendo releases a new Nintendo Switch model this year, everyone expects it to be a more capable "Pro" model. Portable or not, some are even speculating this new model might be able to output 4K graphics.

I bought a Nintendo Switch on March 3rd, 2017 (the release date of the console). If Nintendo is releasing a 4K Switch (or if not 4K, a model that is able to push better graphics than the current model), I'm selling mine to get it. I can just dream of playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons in 4K on my Samsung QLED TV. I get Nintendo would need to provide updates to their games in order to take advantage of the added power, but still... That gets me really, really interested. More detailed grass? Single blades of grass instead of flat textures. Better lighting, more detailed villagers, and clothing. TAKE MY MONEY NOW!

98% of my gaming time with the Switch, it's sitting in its dock. So they could even make it non portable...

Last edited:
I got recommended a video with a guy who talks about this new 'Switch Pro' I don't know whether to wait it out for the release of a new Switch model or just get the battery saving version which is also more in-tune to the colours of the games.
I've been waiting for this game for a looong time and I can imagine how much work has gone into it. I want to enjoy it with the best quality device I can. I'm kinda short on funds so that doesn't help but yes! We need to be talking about this!
。*゚✲︎*☆︎(๑?ᆺ?๑)。*゚✲︎*☆︎

4K at least to me, is still being worked on, and we all know some techs out there will compare it to make sure that it is actually 4K compatible with games that support it. That’s just me

Even without 4K, NH looks pretty detailed without it, anymore and it would take me out of it (it’s not like Skyrim and other games like it)

I’m all for hearing more on this new model, regardless of what my stance on 4K is (I only have a samsung that has 1 hdmi port)

It looks so good right now on my old iPhone in Youtube's auto 180p, imagine it in 4k....
Honestly though I'll get whichever console comes out on March 20 with an AC design. My last consoles were the 3DS and original Wii so anything is a step up from them :cool:

They should concentrate on fixing the joy con drift permanently before releasing consoles that (may) still have that problem.

I wouldn't by a 4k.
I don't play games on my TV, and my TV isn't 4k.

I would not buy an upgraded Switch. The next system I'm likely to buy is the PS5. For more powerful systems, I'd rather go with Sony (or Microsoft, but I've never had an Xbox) because the games come out for it immediately AND if I wait just a little while they go on sales for half off or more. On Nintendo games pretty much never go on sale. Nintendo is too darn expensive.

I would be absolutely amazed if a new Switch model supported 4K resolution (especially the full 4K specification). It's just not going to happen although I'm happy to be proved wrong.

It took long enough for Nintendo to output 1080p (relative to Sony and Microsoft)

Last edited:
Latest speculations I've read on Twitter seem to agree that a Switch Pro would probably not be able to output 4K, but at least be on par with current PS4. Which is quite an increase in terms of power, but not quite PS4 Pro level.

Last edited:
Back