• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Achieves Third Best Sales Premiere in Nintendo History in the United States

Bells
We receive sales data from the NPD Group and focused on the United States. The information refers to last March.

Apparently Animal Crossing: New Horizons has already become the best-selling installment in franchise history. It is also the third-best release in the country for any Nintendo game after Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (also for Switch) and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (released for Wii).

Finally, we have also been able to know that New Horizons is already the second best-selling game in the United States so far this year.

It's an awesome game and it was released at a time when people really needed it, so I'm not surprised it's doing so well! I'm sure this will keep then motivated to give us some incredible updates and new content.

I think the special context helped this game a lot to sell extremely well internationally. So if we have to find something positive about the Covid pandemic it would be that and the pollution decrease.

1587480412959.png

i think doubts over wether ac is one of nintendos big league franchises can be officially laid to rest

They were already laid to rest when New Leaf sold well. This is just that taken up to eleven.

I’m not surprise at all. So many of my non-gaming friends and acquaintances bought a switch just for this game. It has definitely entered the mainstream’s eye. I’m glad Animal Crossing is doing so well! The team worked hard on this and it seems that it really paid off.

Well, the current historic event helps as well. It's a good game to keep your daily schedule going and a reason to get up at a reasonable time.

Back