🌹Animal Crossing Journals: The 1 Year Challenge, 2017 Edition🌹

hii! i've been excited about this idea so I made this account, mainly for this challenge, is it okay to join still? I created my town today c:

i think it should be fine! signups don't finish until the 7th and a few people have been joining later and TTing to the 1st to make up for the lost days, however i'm not actually sure whether you're allowed to do that since TTing is not allowed LOL

Managed to get some of yesterday's goals completed! Not all of them, but most. :)

Day 4
Yesterday's goals for today:
Goals for tomorrow:
- Usual chores ~ fossils, rocks, weeks, water flowers, talk to all my villagers, and possibly buy out the Nookling store and Able Sisters
- Get some sort of randomly-placed patterns down to "hone in" villager house placement without plot resetting
- Catch some more of the fish for this month
- Meet Tortimer
- Make some good progress towards, if not pay off, my new mortgage

Goals I Completed:
- I met Tortimer; the Island will be accessible tomorrow
- The usual chores, although I never got around to clearing out the shops - a job for tomorrow
- I caught a couple more of the fish for this month
- I put patterns EVERYWHERE to prevent random villager move-ins. There are 3 designated spaces for villagers in the North-East of my town. MAN, was this part boring and tedious. I'm so happy I got it done - I know it'll be worth it in the long run.

Other Things I Did/That Happened:
- I visited Doc's house and bought a Lefty Desk
- Completed a couple other chores for villagers
- Pashmina is moving in tomorrow (I've had her before, she's aiight)
- Got the Wistful Painting from Redd. I checked, and I'm sure it's genuine.
- Pascal was visiting the campground! I bought 3 pieces of his exclusive pirate furniture as I know I usually miss him out on the waves.

Goals for tomorrow:
- Usual chores
- Visit the island and catch some beetles! Hopefully get enough to pay off my mortgage.
- If there's a wetsuit, buy it.
- Enact the Rich Town (or whatever it is I forget, lol) ordinance.
- Find a space for and plot the campsite - possibly paying it off after the beetle farming session.
- {OPTIONAL} Buy out all the shops to contribute to my catalog (whenever I get it).
- {OPTIONAL} Move all of my flowers to the beach, setting some up in hybrid formations.

Last edited:
January 4th

★ spoke to tortimer, island gets unlocked tomorrow!
★ caught a few more new bugs and fish
★ completed my initiatives for today
★ donated more fossils
★ re-organised the pattern placement in my town
★ victoria is moving in (in the spot i left for her, this is the first time i've played since the update but it's SO COOL being able to choose where they go!!)
★ bought out the shops
★ got my first hybrid flower (a purple rose)
★ moved my flowers to the beach and watered them ready to check for more hybrids tomorrow
★ saving bells to pay off my loan tomorrow
★ enacted the 'beautiful town' ordinance

here are some pictures from today c: ~
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Day 4 in Bliss:
*can finally do ordinances and such.
*caught fish (squid is my new fish of the day)
*daily chores
*placed the campsite possibly
*was kinda bored playing today, lol
*fortune cookie had a little bro stache I think
*changed Goldie's catchphrase too woof-woof

I low key want just dog villagers now but not going to do that. Lol.

Soyokaze - day 4

I have been mostly grinding for bells, since from next week I won't have much time to spend on the game
But here are the highlights:

- Unlocked the island!! (and caught most of the critters there)
- Chrissy is moving in tomorrow! I forgot about the move in, but I'm happy with her
I might try to get Francine as a snooty villager, once Mint moves out, but I'm not sure
- Built a perfect snowtyke, I will receive his gift tomorrow
- Redd was in town, and I bought a painting
- Paid off my house loan entirely, tomorrow I will have a second floor!
- Built my first pwp, another cobblestone bridge, and paid it off
- Got my first badge from Phineas, fish maniac

Pics under the spoiler

Mint sent me a nice modern wood clock
0104_1.jpg

And my mum a robo-table, showing she knows nothing about what I like XD
0104_2.jpg
But I used it to place all the food I bought from the RV campground

Chrissy's lot
0104_3.jpg

Hybrids for the day
0104_5.jpg0104_6.jpg0104_7.jpg

First island ride
0104_11.jpg0104_18.jpg

Phineas!
0104_12.jpg0104_13.jpg

Paying off the loan and asking for an expansion
0104_14.jpg0104_16.jpg

Paying off the bridge
0104_17.jpg

But I just realized I didn't talk to Sable today!!
Well, that's something I'll have to remember tomorrow...

Day 4 in Burray. I paid off my first home loan so my house will be extended tomorrow.

I met Tortimer so I will be able to go to the island tomorrow.

I changed the town tune and flag.

Henry is tomorrow's move in.

I caught a string fish, a tuna and an oarfish today.

I dug up half the town before managing to catch a mole cricket.

I managed to squeeze in 30 mins of play before I had to leave for work, I'll play a bit more after I get home tonight.
My photo album will be updated about 11pm (UK time) maybe later... Might start bringing my 3DS to work so I can play a bit more :p

Day 4 4/1
I collected all the fossils for today and donated them.
Found the money rock but I think I am being penalised for tting and can't find the gem rock, either that or I'm still not used to where the rocks are.
Vivian plotted in a good place!
I did some shopping.
My approval rating is at 80%!

I will update a bit more later, on my phone during my lunch break right now!

Ilvia picture album

Town name: Ilvia
Mayor: Emma
Fruit: Oranges, Pears
Villagers:
Peewee
Gabi
Moose
Peaches
Queenie
Agnes
Vivian
Day 4 UPDATE
I made a snowman, I don't normally make them as I'm not keen on the furniture, but I think I will give them a go this time.
Agnes was being snarky about Vivian moving in during the winter, hypocrite much?!
I realised that I had enough money to pay off my first loan so I did that, but it won't be expanded until Day 6 because Nook Homes is shut... When it gets expanded I will share a picture of my house, right now it is a bit cramped...
I went and checked with Isabelle and I got my 100% approval! First I will make a bridge near the top of the river and I'm gonna go with the Night Owl ordinance since I am playing a bit later and all the shops are shut...

Ilvia picture album

Villagers:
Peewee
Gabi
Moose
Peaches
Queenie
Agnes
Vivian

Ugh... So I made myself really sick caring for my rl animals today (allergic to dust and their bedding has tons of it, ropped the garbage bag and got the stuff in my eyes while taking a nice deep breathe! ^^;;;). I didn't play much early in the day, but played for like 3 hours tonight.

1/4

- found hybrid pink roses
- enacted the beautiful town ordinance
- worked on the town layout slightly (might move ursala later to a different spot if possible, idk yet!)
- watered all flowers
- paid off 3rd home loan
- found & donated fossils, got my first repeat fossil! D:
- found money rock and gem rock
- visited tortimer's island
- altered island for easier beetle catching (but left bushes and flowers so I can still catch the birdwings etc.)
- did island tours until 46 metals, got the diving suit.
- went diving back at home, caught 14/30 deep sea creatures c:
- more bees
- Snowmen. I have four now. Well, three, and one disgruntled snow kid who berates me for my lack of craftsmanship. I do not like this snow kid. Snow man #1 isn't looking so good and it hurts me :< Save the snow man.
- I just need 06 for a snow man bingo.
- my snowmen for today are: 34, 12, and 15.
- I summoned marshal via amiibo because I am squirrel trash and I miss my son D,x Julian will probably be the permanent smug for this town, I'm not sure.... I really like smugs :,D
- ????? I made some random stone patterns and more place markers, but nothing detailed. headaches kill my inner artist :p
- I still have no idea what I'm going to do with this town's theme!!! AHHHH. I'm thinking some sort of forest of life or something with lots and lots of flowers and pretty things. Have to start PWP farming. AH.

- unrelated: playing commander holly videos in the background because she is just lovely and her tweeter twootin' always makes me feel better C: Looking forward to snagging the commander holly poster qr code from my other town when sable likes me again :,,,D

Sorry for the level of ***** in this journal update, it's been a long day.

Last edited:
Yesssss 1/4/17

Got my perfect town ordinance
Finished all my paths
Got 3 pwp done! :D
Invited Sandara to live in 2NE1!
Hans moved in :/ ugly gorilla.
Got my patterns done for: PWP space, Path, Mayor, Tree, etc.
4 ugly villagers in my town :/ not happy. I wish we could TT so badly to move em out faster.
Caught all bugs for the month
Caught 14 fish for the month

I didn't get much done because I have bad sleeping habits and I wake up late most of the time ;-; and retail and nooks is always closed :/ buuutttt I can stay up till 6 am and see what's new first :D

Yesssss 1/4/17

Got my perfect town ordinance
Finished all my paths
Got 3 pwp done! :D
Invited Sandara to live in 2NE1!
Hans moved in :/ ugly gorilla.
Got my patterns done for: PWP space, Path, Mayor, Tree, etc.
4 ugly villagers in my town :/ not happy. I wish we could TT so badly to move em out faster.
Caught all bugs for the month
Caught 14 fish for the month

I didn't get much done because I have bad sleeping habits and I wake up late most of the time ;-; and retail and nooks is always closed :/ buuutttt I can stay up till 6 am and see what's new first :D

If hans pings you to move later, let me know ^0^/ He was one of my first smugs in this game and it'd be neat to have him in winter~ I lack his amiibo card, sadly :<

Also, you did great today! :D Keep up the good work <3

If hans pings you to move later, let me know ^0^/ He was one of my first smugs in this game and it'd be neat to have him in winter~ I lack his amiibo card, sadly :<

Also, you did great today! :D Keep up the good work <3

You too xd it's odd I don't have any goals for filling out my index of fish and bugs etc I just like making towns pretty ;0; you seem like an achiever! ^^ also I have Hans's amiibo card xd I guess he just loves me 0.0 I'd like gorillas if they had a less shaved bottom e.e xd but if he pings I'll be sure to give you him! All my current villagers have to leave since they didn't move in the villager area.

Day 4 in Plaża!

Not very eventful, as I am very sick, I decided to sleep some more rather than play.

- Met Tortimer, should be able to visit the island tomorrow!
- Scanned in Reese's RV and got a few items from there
- Vivian plotted in one of my premade plots!
- Did lots of grinding for fishing, but didn't end up making much money >.<
- Got 2 more hybrids today! Black and Orange Rose!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Forgot to mention:

- Katrina was in my town today! had my fortune read, and even wore my lucky item 'skirt'

I must be insane. I sold my town for oodles of bells but found I wanted a challenge so I restarted from scratch yesterday. I'm back packing at the moment (AC is great for long buses) so my participation will probably be rare until March. I'll be a few days behind too but I look forward to getting involved with the community!

anyways, sign me up please!

Day 4 in Latibule~

- Elmer is moving in!
- Enacted the Beautiful Town Ordinance
- Set up and payed off the Campsite
- Completed Initiatives
- Katrina was in town, my lucky item was a silk cap which I was able to buy in Able's
- Payed off the second house loan
- Went to the island
- Phil gave me a genuine warm painting for free!

Day 5

-Dug up todays fossils
-Donated todays and yesterday's fossils.
-Tortimer visited so no i can go to the Island tomorrow and start raking in the bells!
-Flo's plotted her house
-plotted the campsite
-Marshal's all moved in.
-did some fishing
-created a perfect snowboy.

think thats a good day for me!

In the middle of my play session right now. Just came here to complain a little.. Penelope wouldn't be Penelope without wanting the rarest fish of the river would she? -.- Plus, I haven't donated the Stringfish to the museum, so I effectively have to catch two. But I like her, so I have to try. .-.

EDIT: ARGHH! Just found a very large fish and pulled the rod too early! T^T The frustration...

Last edited:
Day 5 5/1
Didn't get much done today, I overslept and had to go shopping before work.
I managed to get all my flowers watered, replanted 3 perfect oranges, dug up the fossils, spoke to Nook and started my 2nd bridge.

Ilvia picture album

Villagers:
Peewee
Gabi
Moose
Peaches
Queenie
Agnes
Vivian

Day 5

Yesterday's Goals:
Goals for tomorrow:
- Usual chores
- Visit the island and catch some beetles! Hopefully get enough to pay off my mortgage.
- If there's a wetsuit, buy it.
- Enact the Rich Town (or whatever it is I forget, lol) ordinance.
- Find a space for and plot the campsite - possibly paying it off after the beetle farming session.
- {OPTIONAL} Buy out all the shops to contribute to my catalog (whenever I get it).
- {OPTIONAL} Move all of my flowers to the beach, setting some up in hybrid formations.

Goals I Completed:
- I did the usual chores
- I visited the island, but I did not beetle farm.
- I tried plotting the Campsite, but I didn't like the placement after it was plotted - so I cancelled the PWP
- I enacted the Bell Boom Ordinance

Other Things That Happened:
- Built a snowboy (he wasn't perfect, but if I get the other 2 perfect I get a snow bunny!)
- Met Pashmina
- Did some jobs for villagers - one thing that happened was when Whitney pinged me and gave me a blue floor. She said not to tell Penelope because the flooring was a gift from Penelope that Whitney re-gifted me. Then, Penelope pinged me and bought the floor back for around 300 bells, lol.
- Caught some summer bugs and fish from the Island when I visited

Goals For Tomorrow:
- Usual chores
- Find the new house plot (hopefully it's in the designated areas if I did the pattern thing right!)
- Built a new Snowman
- Replot the campsite
- Write 3 letters to townsfolk
- Clean up the island and beetle farm!

Perhaps I would have got more done today if Penelope didn't ask for a Stringfish. Of course, I didn't find any - but I spent a good amount of time trying T^T

Day 5

Today in Burray I attended the opening ceremony for the campsite. Plotted and paid for a new suspension bridge so I should have that tomorrow.

I collected up all my flowers and put them in groups for hybrid breeding.

I went to the island and did enough tours to get a wetsuit. I also caught a lot of beetles. I always donate the first one of anything I catch to the museum so I had a lot of island things to donate today.

I built a Snowboy but I wanted to build a snowmam, I will have another try tomorrow.

I also caught a coelocanth in the snow and donated that to the museum.

ceolocanth5-1-17.jpg

Back