• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Animal Crossing becoming a chore

Jordon

Bells
Mailbox
Tasty Cake
Yellow Candy
I have had my town of Sunlight since November 2014.

3 harvest festivals, 3 toy days, 3 Easters, 2 Halloweens, a whole bunch of fishing, bug catching, town projects and fruit collecting layer, I'm bored

It's somewhat a chore and I haven't played since the end of August (the last summer fireworks show)

I don't really want to start over because I've collected a lot of exclusive items and built up my town to what it is today but what should I do?

Perhaps get a second cartridge for a second town? :0 have you completed the museum? If you do restart you could probably make a ton of money and you can decide to keep your catalogue (though some items might not be available for purchase through it)

When it starts to feel like a chore for me, I either find something new to do in-game or I take a long break.

If you don't want to take a break you could do some of the things I've thought up before:
- Redo your landscaping
- Move in and out villagers
- Learn how to make QR codes
- Decorate your museum
- Create another character
- Make a new theme for the mayor's house
- Play Island Tours/Wii-U/DS games

I could be wrong, but if you got a DA and you visit it often enough you can restart the town but keep the Dream version alive. But don't take my word for it, I'm not entirely sure this works ;o;

When it starts to feel like a chore for me, I either find something new to do in-game or I take a long break.

If you don't want to take a break you could do some of the things I've thought up before:
- Redo your landscaping
- Move in and out villagers
- Learn how to make QR codes
- Decorate your museum
- Create another character
- Make a new theme for the mayor's house
- Play Island Tours/Wii-U/DS games

In that order:

Too much work
My brother has a Cheri card so that's a possibility
Too hard
Done that
Not enough space
Not losing my purple roof
Done that

I have thirteen towns and I still love playing. I don't play every day, just twice a week. But I have a schedule for all the towns and have never had a random move out or move in. I never get bored because I am always bouncing from one town to the next. I have them set for different seasons, parts of the year so in some it's summer or winter and so on. I spend a lot of time landscaping. I find it incredibly relaxing. I use the PWP trick of using the wetsuit trick, keeping my folder full and wallet empty so I receive plenty of PWP's. I still thoroughly enjoy New Leaf, but like anything, it can occasionally become a bit tedious. But not so much for me.

In that order:

Too much work
My brother has a Cheri card so that's a possibility
Too hard
Done that
Not enough space
Not losing my purple roof
Done that

Well....alright then. You're welcome for offering suggestions. You wanted help and ideas, and you were given some. No need to be so dismissive like that. Sheesh.
This is why I don't like helping people anymore.

Just quit if it's a chore then.

If it feels like too much of a chore, and are no longer having fun, it is a sign that you should stop playing the game.

Animal Crossing has an unusual game play: Much of it being fun is up to you. Your town and end goals are a reflection of yourself, and there really are no obligations to playing the game unless choose to create them.

If you feel like you've done all you wished to do in the game, and the game has fulfilled all the reasons you played it all these years, consider it 'finished' - Don't force yourself into playing the game after that!

Last edited:
Back