• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

an acnh creepy japanese themed town idea I just got

The friendcode exchanger

Bells
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Mailbox
So for the longest time I have not played acnh because I am too lazy to pay off all the nookmiles for my terraforming tools and I really want to start playing it again
and I got an idea for how my town is going to look and feel like.

Basically I have had various types of town ideas but I never got to start working on any of the ones I could think off.

What I want to create is a story based town that uses a japanese theme + a forest theme mixed with some elements of horror and various other forms of symbolism that either tells part of a story or warning about some kind of supernatural entity such as a demon or ghost.

For example I got the idea to have a room in one the houses where there is an elegant mirror in a japanese style library but in the back of the room in front of the mirror there is a custom design with a hole in which the face of a blue oni can be seen laughing at the player and under that design there is reversed text warning the player that their prescence is near.

I want the houses to follow a specific order so that the player goes to the houses in the right order.

In terms of flowers I want to stick to mainly black roses ,purple roses and pink roses,and some blue roses as well.

Things will start out getting darker with subtle details such as custom designs in certain houses containing links to images that are supposed to add hints to the story such as the fate of a specific character and these images are mostly supposed to be highly disturbing but I won't spoil anything although I might just add custom designs with random links to images or websites around the town just for the sake of it just to see how the player interprets what he/she sees which is kind of what the creator of Yume Nikki intended when designing the game where it's up to the player to interpret what everything in the game means.

Also I want to implement some references to Japanese mythology such as seeing references to the kuchisake-onna also known as the slitmouthed woman at a bus stop or references to the filth licker in the bathroom.

What do you think?

Last edited:
So for the longest time I have not played acnh because I am too lazy to pay off all the nookmiles for my terraforming tools and I really want to start playing it again
and I got an idea for how my town is going to look and feel like.

Basically I have had various types of town ideas but I never got to start working on any of the ones I could think off.

What I want to create is a story based town that uses a japanese theme + a forest theme mixed with some elements of horror and various other forms of symbolism that either tells part of a story or warning about some kind of supernatural entity such as a demon or ghost.

For example I got the idea to have a room in one the houses where there is an elegant mirror in a japanese style library but in the back of the room in front of the mirror there is a custom design with a hole in which the face of a blue oni can be seen laughing at the player and under that design there is reversed text warning the player that their prescence is near.

I want the houses to follow a specific order so that the player goes to the houses in the right order.

In terms of flowers I want to stick to mainly black roses ,purple roses and pink roses,and some blue roses as well.

Things will start out getting darker with subtle details such as custom designs in certain houses containing links to images that are supposed to add hints to the story such as the fate of a specific character and these images are mostly supposed to be highly disturbing but I won't spoil anything although I might just add custom designs with random links to images or websites around the town just for the sake of it just to see how the player interprets what he/she sees which is kind of what the creator of Yume Nikki intended when designing the game where it's up to the player to interpret what everything in the game means.

Also I want to implement some references to Japanese mythology such as seeing references to the kuchisake-onna also known as the slitmouthed woman at a bus stop or references to the filth licker in the bathroom.

What do you think?

I would pay good bells to visit your island!

That's so such a cool idea! If you need any black roses I have wayyyy too many btw
This is the showcase of the first house so far
basically it's telling a depressing story in the first house that I want you to figure out what happened.

The main room is supposed to look traditionally japanese.

The one in the back is a children's play room

The other rooms have specific purposes related to story.

One of the hints is that in the room with the coffin there is a qr code on the wall with a link to an image(make sure to only use capital letters the reason it looks weird is that I had to make the letters myself and making certain non capital letters with the design tool is very challenging) .

It is a work in progress so certain things might get added or removed at some point and I can't record anything at the moment because I don't have a capture card but if I did I would show you around.

Back