• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
Wait, the splatoon amiibo are compatible with 3DS/2DS too? Wonder what they'll do? o:

I'll probably buy them whatever they do. [Also who else has been watching splatoon gameplay from PAX?]

They'll probably work just like every single other one. The games they're not officially compatible with, they'll be used like Hyrule Warriors. Tap em to the WiiU/3DS to get some junk unrelated to their figure.
But they'll be the first to not work with Smash which will be weird.

But Splatoon, who knows, I hope something good. By then they should utilize these a little better, Mario Party already shows promise for these imo. But they're kinda taking baby steps.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My newest additions: Marth and Ike. :D

Lol I read that as Mark & Ith. Ihy though, gimme that Ike. I need Ike you just dont understand.

Last edited:
Well I tapped a Pok?mon Rumble U figure to Hyrule Warriors, and it said something like "Please scan an amiibo figure."

Yeah I've heard of people somehow making those work with Hyrule Warriors. I think the seed that reads the amiibo can misread the Rumble figures as an actual amiibo like once under a blue moon.
Toad will prob do nothing like the other NFCs that do nothing for Ninty games when tapped to the wrong game :p

So yeah, I now own every possible common and uncommon amiibo up to Wave 3 (with the exception of realistic Link, but I already got Toon Link).

The funny thing is, I also got Peach during the day before International Woman's Day. What a coincidence!

whoooooo
87qA5Po.png

I actually got this on the 27th or 28th but forgot to upload the pic. Had to import because Canada sucks but I got a really good price. You can see the plastic part of the box got squished a bit during transport but I opened it anyway so w/e.

My Dedede amiibo's box looks exactly the same as that one, except the dent is on the other side. Also imported from japan lol

whoooooo
87qA5Po.png

I actually got this on the 27th or 28th but forgot to upload the pic. Had to import because Canada sucks but I got a really good price. You can see the plastic part of the box got squished a bit during transport but I opened it anyway so w/e.

Really? I'm in Canada and have seen a few DDD's in a store... Mind you I also saw 2 Rosalina's (one of which I bought), so the Walmart must have just gotten their shipment in the morning or the night before I stopped by. So we have had them in Canada they are just more rare than others.

Last edited:
My Dedede amiibo's box looks exactly the same as that one, except the dent is on the other side. Also imported from japan lol

hahah that's weird

Really? I'm in Canada and have seen a few DDD's in a store... Mind you I also saw 2 Rosalina's (one of which I bought), so the Walmart must have just gotten their shipment in the morning or the night before I stopped by. So we had had them they are just more rare than others.

Luckyy, I never saw any Dedede or Ike here, at Wal-Mart or Toys R Us, which is where I went to look on the day Dedede was supposed to be coming in.

hahah that's weird

Luckyy, I never saw any Dedede or Ike here, at Wal-Mart or Toys R Us, which is where I went to look on the day Dedede was supposed to be coming in.

I almost wish I'd bought more than just Rosalina that day to use for trading for other rare Amiibo I'd like (ie. Villager, possibly Ness etc.) as I remember they had pretty much all Wave 3s including a few Ike, DDD, like 7 Sheik, and the 2 Rosalina's I mentioned... Oh well Rosalina was my number one main goal as she was number one on my most wanted list rare or not.

I see the Super Smash Bros. Premium Sound Selection CD. I have got one of those too. Are you going to open yours?
no. no one is going to open it. every single member on this forum is going to keep it in new and sealed condition. i have sent everyone a PM to assure it.

no. no one is going to open it. every single member on this forum is going to keep it in new and sealed condition. i have sent everyone a PM to assure it.

I'm opening mine because I want the soundtrack on my phone

I have the Link between worlds soundtrack which I haven't opened, though. I think it might be worth something considering it sold out of the e-shop in like 30 minutes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

dey gotta get as many as possible crammed into those shipping containers yo

I'm opening mine because I want the soundtrack on my phone

I have the Link between worlds soundtrack which I haven't opened, though. I think it might be worth something considering it sold out of the e-shop in like 30 minutes.

i would never open something as valuable as the smash soundtrack. it has to stay in new and sealed condition

i would never open something as valuable as the smash soundtrack. it has to stay in new and sealed condition

I missed out on the CD deal but have found all the tracks on YouTube for now. So if anyone is super set on not opening their CD you can still get the songs elsewhere... (Not completely legally, but most people do it anyways and for songs you can't actually buy if you missed out...) Not to mention on average people don't buy CD players anymore and most computers no longer come with disc drives either. So I'd leave your CDs unopened for those that have it, unless it really does not matter to you.

If people forgot they can download the tracks online too, then they really need help in life.

Back