• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
I'm not even gonna show my Shelf of S*** cause it would be terrible *is 22*

That's not even a fraction of crap I own...It's just one small shelf xD

The sad part is that even though there's only 2 visible, there's about 5 Stitch dolls in that mess of plush's and a bunch of random smaller toys hiding behind my Amiibo's/Disney Infinity figures...

I enjoy the Yoshi things you have. I have many Yoshi things and it seems like everyone always has unique stuff.

There's just so much random stuff sold with Yoshi's face on it, I'm pretty sure he's on more stuff than Mario at this point!

I don't even think they sell PEZ dispensers in the UK, yet the only one I've ever seen was that Yoshi one I have that I found in a random ?1 store o_O

There's just so much random stuff sold with Yoshi's face on it, I'm pretty sure he's on more stuff than Mario at this point!

I don't even think they sell PEZ dispensers in the UK, yet the only one I've ever seen was that Yoshi one I have that I found in a random ?1 store o_O

AH I've thought that too! Yoshi does seem to be the most abundant. Lol no PEZ for the UK, you're not missing out on anything.
Bend a random head back and get 1 of 4 flavor candies that come in pill form *crowd goes wild*

Too old for toys? I'm 23...

View attachment 76561

Half of this picture me and my sister own(ed, dunno where it all is now tbh). INCLUDING THE STEREO! xD And we're 23 and 19.

You should go into a New Look, or sometimes Topman/shop. They seem to always have them. Otherwise yeah, US import shops. for ridiculous prices

I don't have any because I don't have a Wii U ^^' I'd totally buy Kirby and Pikachu if I had one though. I've been tempted just to buy them for the figures. xD

Rumor has it they discontinued Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Marth already

Yea...Makes sense...Discontinue the ones that actually sold out.

Well...Wii Fit trainer actually DOES make sense since I can't imagine they made many of those ones in the first place, but villager HAS to be one of the more popular ones. It would be dumb to discontinue that one already.

I can't imagine they made many of the 3 to start with. Those 3 had the least amount of shelf space at every store I went to, then Fox & Samus had middle, and everyone else is abundant. Also they don't feature any of those ones in the physical display, it's only on those touch screen things. But I agree that Wii Fit Trainer & Marth wouldn't be as popular but Villager be discontinued? I feel like they could make money off that one still.

They weren't discontinued.

Nintendo Everything ‏@NinEverything 3h3 hours ago

Nintendo of America's David Young: No amiibo figures have been discontinued http://wp.me/pMKGJ-LeT

B4S_0X5CcAAOHhf.png

They weren't discontinued.

Nintendo Everything ‏@NinEverything 3h3 hours ago

Nintendo of America's David Young: No amiibo figures have been discontinued http://wp.me/pMKGJ-LeT

I guess 'new sites' have been throwing s**t around to see what sticks again for views then...Glad Villager isn't discontinued though, he's one of the few I actually wanted.

LOL I knew they couldn't have discontinued them. A bunch of news sites took it and ran with it thanks to that one Twitter account. I figured it was likely same old Nintendo "games", same with GameCube adapter.
Made a limited number for some dumb reason,
it all sells out,
none are back in 1 weeks because it takes longer than that to create and ship it all,
puBLIC GOES INTO A PANIC AND LIGHTS TORCHES AND CIRCLES NINTENDO'S BUILDING!!!!
Amiibo's and Adapters come back
Everyone throws a fit because Nintendo tricked them even though it wasn't actually Nintendo.

What even is this Twitter that they posted about 4 times, MNN, IGN and Kotaku quoted them and they're wrong. That's why I hate game news sites so much. Where'd they pull that out of their a** from
21kic9j.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

But yeah tbh I'm glad there will probably be an opportunity for Villager. I'm curious to know if it'll do something for AC WiiU when that decides to happen.

I've collected 10 of the first wave amiibos. I haven't been able to get Marth or Villager. Typical.

So now I'm preparing myself to get the ones in Waves 2-3 that will be rarities. I'm even preordered Shulk and Meta Knight from GameStop and BestBuy respectfully. Lucario is currently unavailable from Toys R Us.

I also suspect MegaMan will be a rare one soon.

I only have Marth right now, but I want to get Villager and Pit once it comes out.

Back