• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
Pit is AMAZING! Great choice, he's one of the very best in build quality in my opinion. So some of the others might be tiny letdowns! :p

I'd agree with getting Toon Link, I've got him as well and he's one of my favourites too. But I'm also just a massive fan of the character.

I agree with the quality of him, he does look amazing - the detail and his pose, just everything~

I probably will purchase Toon Link next, but I've just noticed that Amazon UK still have Villager, Marth and Wii Fit trainer in stock for ?20+, I'm tempted by the Marth amiibo but I don't know yet.

I agree with the quality of him, he does look amazing - the detail and his pose, just everything~

I probably will purchase Toon Link next, but I've just noticed that Amazon UK still have Villager, Marth and Wii Fit trainer in stock for ?20+, I'm tempted by the Marth amiibo but I don't know yet.

It's because they're third party sellers (mostly German) that they're even that much. Wii Fit Trainer was ?12.99 directly through Amazon UK for the past 2-3 days.

Last edited:
Was gonna get a Bowser today but instead I bought gifts for Valentine's day and I'm kind of bummed because I need to step my amiibo game up haha

shulk and meta knight are coming in, in a couple of days.
im so excited. :cool:

Today, I just scored 3 amiibo 20-25 km away from my home. From a retro gaming shop, I managed to get both Pikachu and Diddy Kong. Normally, these guys would be difficult to find in my closest towns within 200km of radius due of myself being in the middle of nowhere. They are a dollar expensive than they would otherwise, but I don't get to pay for shipping fees and I sold a couple of games for 10$. Honestly, I'd make much more money by selling those things on eBay.
In an electronics store, I grabbed the lonely Mario amiibo and gave him a new home. I had a feeling that my amiibo collection was missing something, and I was convinced that he would definitely fit the bill.

Also, I'm still yet to receive my Sonic and Mega Man amiibo that I preordered from EB Games. Starting this Monday, they should begin shipping those guys to more people.

Last edited:
Sheesh, it feels like I could just go over to Target and buy their over abundance of Pikachu then head on over to Target and buy all their Diddy Kong and just sell to Europe and I could quit my job selling Nintendo's crap.

Sheesh, it feels like I could just go over to Target and buy their over abundance of Pikachu then head on over to Target and buy all their Diddy Kong and just sell to Europe and I could quit my job selling Nintendo's crap.
I doubt that would be successful, seeing as our stores have an abundance of those as well.

I checked Walmart today.
They didn't have a SINGLE amiibo.
They had a section for it, like the wallpaper that says amuibo and has pictures of Mario and Link and other characters, but they only had Wii Remotes and Nunchucks there. There wasn't even a label for amiibos, they just put their stock of Wii accessories there instead.
And of course behind it there's like millions of Skylanders and Disney Infinity characters. Like some were dropped on the floor that's how many they had.

I just preordered a Toad amiibo. This will be my first amiibo. After this, I think I'm just gonna get Ness and call it quits.

I just preordered a Toad amiibo. This will be my first amiibo. After this, I think I'm just gonna get Ness and call it quits.

I told myself I was only going to buy Rosalina. Then I saw Zelda and decided, okay, two.

Now I've eight, with two more on the way, and a further three on preorder for release in March/April. >.>

I'm watching like a hawk for first signs of Wave 4 pre-orders. I have to make a special 30 minutes trip to get to my local GameStop to pre-order reserve (is it just my local one or do NO Game Stops allow preordering/reserving over the phone? I find that ridiculous) and they told me that their pre-orders tend to run out within the very day they open. It's nerve-wracking, especially when I can only make it weather-permitting, which is a very low chance around here when we're constantly covered in snow.

I will literally be heartbroken if I don't manage to snag Ness, at least. I've been an avid fan of EarthBound since I was 9. I'd really like a Robin and Lucina too, though.

I went to [REDACTED] this afternoon after my [REDACTED] and got a Bowser Amiibo. My store had a lot of Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Diddy Kong, and Donkey Kong amiibos. There were about 3 Bowser's left, so I got one. Sold out were Mega Man, Kirby, and Rosa, off of the top of my head.

Last edited:
I told myself I was only going to buy Rosalina. Then I saw Zelda and decided, okay, two.

Now I've eight, with two more on the way, and a further three on preorder for release in March/April. >.>

I have a feeling this might be me >.>

So anyway.
Toad back in stock for preorder at GameStop.

It never stopped being preorderable. :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm watching like a hawk for first signs of Wave 4 pre-orders. I have to make a special 30 minutes trip to get to my local GameStop to pre-order reserve (is it just my local one or do NO Game Stops allow preordering/reserving over the phone? I find that ridiculous) and they told me that their pre-orders tend to run out within the very day they open. It's nerve-wracking, especially when I can only make it weather-permitting, which is a very low chance around here when we're constantly covered in snow.

I will literally be heartbroken if I don't manage to snag Ness, at least. I've been an avid fan of EarthBound since I was 9. I'd really like a Robin and Lucina too, though.

You can always pre order online. At gamestop we can't do pre orders over the phone because you have to put money on it.

Back