• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
There's a rumor flying around that Golden and Silver Mario amiibo are on the way, and that their production has started in December last year and finished in February 1st. Unfortunately, the "official" PDF files are taken down, but screenshots are still floating around.

One can say that they're heading to the Club Nintendo Platinum and Golden members, but then again the American Club Nintendo stated that the end of year rewards are going to be games like last year. Perhaps Nintendo is sending these to those who currently attained Platinum and Gold.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-gold-and-silver-mario-amiibo-on-the-way/

Last edited:
Forgot to mention I got Rosalina, Mega man, Sonic and Bowser the other day~

They'll probably offer the shiny Amiibo at the last second after everyone has spent their CN coins/stars or have them exclusive somewhere that will have them sold out in 5 milliseconds anyway

The latest two additions to my collection today:

IMG_20150204_154936.jpg

IMG_20150204_155021.jpg

A big thank you to Tina for sending me these! :D

My collection so far:

• Rosalina
  • Villager
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Yoshi
  • Pit
  • Samus
  • Toon Link
  • Diddy Kong
  • Zelda

On pre-order:

• Toad

Hoping to get soon:

• King DeDeDe
  • Wario
  • Bowser

I hate you Nintendo.

I would like a silver and gold version of all of the amiibos. especially Rosalina and Luma...

Please don't give them any ideas. Although I feel like most amiibo would look ugly like that anyway so not too much to worry about.

Last edited:
Rosalina looks like **** with the purple nail polish, I kinda wish they left it off. Sure, it looks ok on her left hand, but I remember when I saw it for the first time on her right hand, I honestly thought it was a painting error. They don't even look like fingernails, just purple blobs.

Oh I got stickied. I wonder if I should ask for a Poll update too, but I think the options are almost, if not already maxed out :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

HEY THE VILLAGE AMIIBO! It looks really good up close, anyone else find that Rosalina is kind of a fattypants in comparison to the others... she only compares to DK for me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Rosalina looks like with the purple nail polish, I kinda wish they left it off. Sure, it looks ok on her left hand, but I remember when I saw it for the first time on her right hand, I honestly thought it was a painting error. They don't even look like fingernails, just purple blobs.

Oh jeeze, my Rosalina looks like fingernails imo but I totally also kinda thought, "how tacky of you princess", when I got a closer look.

Oh jeeze, my Rosalina looks like fingernails imo but I totally also kinda thought, "how tacky of you princess", when I got a closer look.

Ok good, I'm glad it's not just me then lol

jeez that villager sculpt looks kinda really awful

how did they even manage that? his should be among the easier sculpts to get right

Do you guys know when preorders generally go up in relation to the Amiibo's release date? I'd like to get the Toon Link Amiibo, but I want to make sure I have money for the Wave Four Amiibos before they go up for preorders.

The only one I've really paid attention to was the Rosalina one because of all the drama, and that went up about a month before it was released. Is that the norm?

Do you guys know when preorders generally go up in relation to the Amiibo's release date? I'd like to get the Toon Link Amiibo, but I want to make sure I have money for the Wave Four Amiibos before they go up for preorders.

The only one I've really paid attention to was the Rosalina one because of all the drama, and that went up about a month before it was released. Is that the norm?

It varies. I work at gamestop and I check almost every day.
Toad is pre orderable. But so far I have seen no others from wave 4.

Supposedly people who've preordered Mega Man from through Amazon are being told their orders are delayed.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Check your emails if you preordered Mega Man through Amazon to check your situation.

Supposedly people who've preordered Mega Man from through Amazon are being told their orders are delayed.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Check your emails if you preordered Mega Man through Amazon to check your situation.

I also heard the same for meta knight at best buy or sth?

I also heard the same for meta knight at best buy or sth?

I've seen nothing of it. I read yesterday that Meta Knight is on his way to Best Buy stores, so all that's left is Shulk to be released?

It's getting me paranoid, the last one I've preordered is the one that they're saying nothing about ugh and they just announced Xenoblade 3D amiibo support. *PARANOIA ABOuT MY amiiBO*

So Nintendo is hyping the uses for the Shulk amiibo in the upcoming Xenoblade Chronicles game and yet doesn't seem to even understand or care that a very small amount of people are going to get their hands on the exclusive-to-Game Stop and already sold out amiibo. Wonderful.

I really wish they would fix the supply and demand problem. This is ridiculous and I'm honestly afraid people are going to start hurting each other in stores over these these not unlike crazy people on Black Friday.

I think Monolith Soft said they'd have Amiibo support a while ago, but it's official announcement I guess came today. It seemed clear as day that most characters who get their own game now will have their own personal amiibo support.

Link + Zelda in Hyrule Warriors
Kirby characters for Kirby WiiU
Yoshi for Yoshi Wolly World
Shulk for Xenoblade seemed obvious, I bet he'll work with the WiiU version too.

I'm sure the Fire Emblem ones will work with both Fire Emblem 3DS that comes out later this year as well as Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei for WiiU.

The ones that missed it are the ones that came out prior to amiibo basically...

My Pit amiibo arrived today, he's the first amiibo I've purchased and I'm so happy with him~
I'd like to buy more, maybe Toon Link or Kirby, I'd love to get Rosalina - but Amazon are selling her for ?44?? I'm not paying that much for a little figurine. I agree with a lot of posts here about how Nintendo needs to sort out the stocks, hopefully they'll re-stock overtime, but since there's so many and they're planning to produce new ones for games other than ssb, I'm not so sure.

My Pit amiibo arrived today, he's the first amiibo I've purchased and I'm so happy with him~
I'd like to buy more, maybe Toon Link or Kirby, I'd love to get Rosalina - but Amazon are selling her for ?44?? I'm not paying that much for a little figurine. I agree with a lot of posts here about how Nintendo needs to sort out the stocks, hopefully they'll re-stock overtime, but since there's so many and they're planning to produce new ones for games other than ssb, I'm not so sure.

Pit is AMAZING! Great choice, he's one of the very best in build quality in my opinion. So some of the others might be tiny letdowns! :p

I'd agree with getting Toon Link, I've got him as well and he's one of my favourites too. But I'm also just a massive fan of the character.

Back