• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Amiibo Cards Discussion + Checklist + Photos

I'm hoping this too, though pokemon booster boxes are ?80 and you get loads of doubles haha xD (also get cards worth about ?80 too so you earn your money back).

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm sure we'll start trading/selling on here maybe? Or somehow.

I doubt that's a good idea... It will all be fine until some says they didn't receive a card.
It's probably easier to do it through eBay so all parties are covered legally and TBT forum staff don't have to deal with problems xD

I wonder if Carrie is part of series 1? I hope we see more new/returning villagers in this. Are the amiibo cards essential to meeting and selecting whose house to design? Or is it just a more immediate way to move in particular villagers that you want?

What is also interesting about those cards is that "Happy Home Designer" is neither on the front or the back of the card, which leads me to believe they could be compatible with future AC games.

I wonder if the series 1 villagers will be the only ones popping up in town, or all 330+ New Leaf villagers are in the game already. So many questions lol

I think it's just a more immediate way to access villagers and content :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

I guess they're gonna be compatible with Festival too...
6mWuSAr.jpg

I'm part of lots of facebook trading groups that run fine, but I understand. :) Also I think these trading groups are aged 16+ too.

Ah well! I hope people don't put them up to high prices on ebay.

I'm part of lots of facebook trading groups that run fine, but I understand. :) Also I think these trading groups are aged 16+ too.

Ah well! I hope people don't put them up to high prices on ebay.

Well I'm not 100% sure what the policy here is. Maybe even 18+ seems people would have to give out their address :S
I'll stick to eBay xD

There appears to be 5 cards on display, 4 of which are Amiibo. So I'm wondering if they've decided to out 4 cards in a booster pack instead of 3? That way a booster box could hold 25 packs and 1 complete set per box? That's what they did with ereader and millefeui cards so... Maybe xD
The English packs are getting 6 cards as opposed to three, with one always being a special character.

A) I have no idea, sorry!
B) I'm pretty sure they are compatible in some way! AC:F uses them at least for mini-games in some way according to this page.
Murray and I were talking and I think he was pretty spot on with what the cards do in amiibo Festival. Under their species and number there are dots and hand gesture. The dots are probably dice rolls since they are arranged in dice number formation, and the hands are put in rock, paper, scissors positions, so they'll probably be used for a mini game that's yet to be shown yet. That's what seems to be the most plausible answer for them, at least. Also worth nothing that this game has been in development from when (and probably before) they announced Happy Home Designer, because the dice numbers and hands have been on the amiibo cards ever since their original announcement of Happy Home Designer - that's probably why no one knew what they meant, because amiibo Festival had yet to be announced at the time.

I wonder if Carrie is part of series 1? I hope we see more new/returning villagers in this. Are the amiibo cards essential to meeting and selecting whose house to design? Or is it just a more immediate way to move in particular villagers that you want?
We'll probably get more villagers, since I highly doubt they'd just randomly bring back Carrie, and no one else. As for new villagers, we already got Lottie.
From what I've seen, I think the amiibo cards are only essential if you want to design a Special Characters home (like Isabelle, Tom Nook, etc), which are otherwise impossible without scanning the amiibo. I think the regular villagers are just random, who pop up on Mini Main Street, but the amiibo card ensures their appearance, appearing on the amiibo Phone directly. That's just my speculation based on the press info they handed out, which said "Tap the amiibo cards of Special Characters to call in characters that would otherwise not appear in your game with requests", and the Treehouse gameplay, which showed this image (listed below), which shows there to be 8 villagers in the town, but only Fanua and Bill are shown to be from amiibo cards (due to their different coloring), despite other villagers shown without the use of an amiibo card, but actually have an amiibo card made (Roscoe). Anyway, that's just my reasoning for believing that's what the amiibo functionality does.

dbFMqYn.png

What is also interesting about those cards is that "Happy Home Designer" is neither on the front or the back of the card, which leads me to believe they could be compatible with future AC games.
They're announced to work in amiibo Festival, so that's probably why. Plus, it's pretty obvious these are going to work in most, if not all future AC game :p

I wonder if the series 1 villagers will be the only ones popping up in town, or all 330+ New Leaf villagers are in the game already. So many questions lol
Can't really say for sure, but as I said it seems the amiibo (par Special Characters), are just for a 100% chance to decorate their hoe, rather than it being random, I'd say all villagers will be there form the start, and not locked behind their amiibo card.

There are already booster packs up on Amazon Japan for around $80 if I recall correctly. Also, it's been said that the NA packs will include 5 or 6 cards (can't remember which). Each pack includes one special NPC.

There are already booster packs up on Amazon Japan for around $80 if I recall correctly. Also, it's been said that the NA packs will include 5 or 6 cards (can't remember which). Each pack includes one special NPC.

six, with one special :)

As long as I can get Isabelle and Ruby I'll be happy with whatever other cards I manage to get my hands on.

Stitches will be one of the cards (though he may not be in series 1, I can't confirm :/) but seeing as how you could decorate his house in the trailer makes me confident he will be a card or obtainable in some way ><

I've not seen any hamsters though in any of the trailers or footage I've seen :( hopefully a lost is put up once it's realised in Japan, it would be nice if it came with a checklist so we knew who was available in series 1 instead of just assuming and buying tons of packs (though that would benefit Nintendo ><)

Hi guys, (newbie here so apologies if someone already asked this question); are the cards in each pack random, or do you know what you're getting? I have visions of getting Rodney over and over again...:p

Hi guys, (newbie here so apologies if someone already asked this question); are the cards in each pack random, or do you know what you're getting? I have visions of getting Rodney over and over again...:p

Each pack of 6 is completely random with (at least??) one of them guaranteed to be a special/NPC character. I assume there wouldn't be duplicates within a pack too

Why can't they reveal them all right now?

Well, at least I know my Peanut is one of these cards...

Each pack of 6 is completely random with (at least??) one of them guaranteed to be a special/NPC character. I assume there wouldn't be duplicates within a pack too

Thanks :) I'm dying of excitement, why can't I play now, argh!!

Well, at least I know my Peanut is one of these cards...

Because they want to hype fans. Revealing them all now would be a bad marketing strategy

We'll probably get a much better sense when the game is released in Japan next month. I'm assuming we'll get the same villagers in the NA/EUR release, so if we can hold on for another month, we'll have an extra boost to our excitement when our AC-loving friends in Japan start posting pix.

So Papi then too YAY!

If any of the footage shows decorating his house than yep! should be guaranteed he will be obtainable ^-^ it just can't be confirmed if he will be a card or not, as it's not been clarified yet if cards are the only way to get villagers >.<

series two is already available for pre order on some japanese sites, so by the time it comes out in NA hopefully we will have two series checklists to go by at least!

You don't need amiibo to decorate houses, but I'm pretty sure all villagers will get cards eventually

Back