• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

All my villagers are running away & ignoring me?

wheatsquares33

Bells
So I have been playing Animal Crossing Gamecube since I was a kid in like 2008. I've probably put more hours into ACGC than any other Animal Crossing, and I like to think that I am a bit of an expert in it, there is nothing new to me here.

That said, I just moved & found all my old gamecube games and wanted to start a new town up, which I haven't done in a good 7 or 8 years. That was 3 days ago, and I've been playing daily since, only have 7 villagers in my town right now and have been having fun with it. But today something happened that I've NEVER had happen in my time playing classic Animal Crossing??

I was doing my dailies, talking to villagers/asking for help. Talked to 3 or 4 villagers, got a task from Spork to get something back from Olivia. Talked to Olivia before asking for Spork's thing first, and she asked "is this tulip chair yours", I said yes, she gave it to me and said something smartass like "don't lose your item again...or you might lose your friends' TRUST" or something like that. And then IMMEDIATELY after that, before I could talk to her again to ask for Spork's item she started running from me. I can talk to her, but she only says that she "doesn't have time for my foolish games" with no options to talk or ask for the item back. I thought this happened just because I took the chair that wasn't mine and she was mad maybe (?), but now NO ONE in my town will talk to me. They're all doing the same thing--they keep running in circles, and when I talk to them, they just say that they don't have time to talk to me and that I should get lost.

Again, I've never had this happen before. I talked to the wishing well to try to apologize for the item (which I didn't think would work, and it sure didn't), asked it about the state of the town (also nothing), sold the chair I got from Olivia (didn't fix it), and saved and quit the game which didn't do anything. I've tried googling to see what's going on, but I've only seen one other post from a couple years ago on Game FAQs experiencing the same thing, and the one comment says that it's because of Katrina. But like, I don't even have Katrina in my town today, and it's day 3 of this town. I was literally still getting tutorial dialog from my neighbors in the same session that they started running from me.

I'm kinda at a loss here....does anyone know what's going on here? Has anyone else experienced this before?

Know i'm late but whatever. I heard stuff like this happens randomly, personally i've only seen it once (maybe twice?) and i said "No" so nothing happened, not sure if it also was this but another time i said yes and they said "LIAR!! This is MINE!!" or something.

I'd just say no in this situation, if katrina's in your town, shoot your shot (since she does do cool stuff like increasing money luck), if you get bad luck or unpopular (villagers also run away from you) you'll probably just get off it the next day.

Kinda unrelated too but this also happened to jvgsjeff on a video :p

Back