Mochi of QT Isle
Bells
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Fair Pinwheel
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Cake
Hi all you animal crossing experts :) I need some advice on TT-ing in order to accomodate dreamies. (beware i am going to be long winded)

Basically my village is full with 10 villagers for now, but I have reserved a little cutie from one of the lovely users here.
what should I do when the time comes to collect her?

I've heard that you should TT a day forward at a time and make sure you speak to all your villagers and run past them etc.
So if someone i want to keep decides to move, do i convince them to stay, and then continue TT-ing forward until my least favourite is in boxes?
And once they're in boxes does that mean i can accept another villager or do i need to wait till they are actually gone before i invite someone else in?
(sorry more questions)...

Once i've spoken to my dreamie and invited her to move in, can i then TT back to present time, or do i need to wait for her to actually move into my village before I do so?
And how safe is it to TT backwards - can i go straight to present time without losing villagers, or do i do it a day at a time again?

Sorry if i'm asking a lot of obvious questions, but I already have some favourites in my town and i really don't want to lose them in the process :(

Sorry for my jumbled up answers, but when I read something, I usually just answer everything that I remember the most, then look back and answer everything I forgot. So, in no specific order:

-TTing to the present time in one jump is actually the safest way to go. The game counts it as a new day at 6 AM. However, no matter how much time is "removed," it will only count as one day- unless you never passed a 6 AM. Thus, the only possible ways you could lose a villager from this were if you didn't pay attention and their move-out was the next day, or if they were already in boxes; and at that point, you can't save them anyways.

-You need to wait until their house is completely gone. This is one of the few things I hate about the game, because Marshal was in my campsite while Walker was in boxes... ;-; But I'm getting him for free (well, technically not free since I'm helping them, but still. XD) so I'm not sad anymore.

-If you don't care who moves, you can just TT day by day until Isabelle says someone's leaving that day. But if you do care, the best way is to pick 1-3 villagers as "safety nets" and just talk to them until they start thinking each day you TT. Since you get about average 30 convos a day, and villagers take about 5 days to move, that's 150 convos (assuming you chose 3, the safest way. Or more! But 3 is all that's needed to be completely safe, really.). In short, nobody will escape unless you want them to.

A- If you want the villager, run up to them. They might feel ignored if you've been TTing for a while- if they say that they feel like you've been ignoring them, just save and quit then run up again. If you haven't been TTing that much when they decide to move/you've save-and-quitted after talking to them, they'll ping and ask to move. Say something like "don't leave!" to them, and they'll stay.

B- If you don't want the villager, just ignore them and TT day by day until Isabelle says they're leaving. TT to the next day and they'll be gone~

-After you have 9 or less villagers, speak to the other person. They will probably have the villager in boxes, or get them in boxes as soon as you're ready. You then go to their town, speak to the villager, and tell them they can move to your town. The next day (if you TTed backwards and hit 6 AM, it will count as one day, as stated above, so it works to just go back to normal time as soon as you ask them to move in.) their house will begin construction!

May I ask what villager you're getting? :3

Thank you so much that was really helpful!! I'm still a bit nervous about TT-ing, so hoping that someone i dislike (ie Gigi) will decide to move out herself! But at least if i need to TT i'm (slightly) more confident now. I've got little Eunice on reserve - she's such a cutie I'm surprised she's not more popular :)

Ooh, she's cute, yeah. x3

And no problem. If you still need help, shoot me a PM. Also, if one of your villagers you like chooses to move on accident, shoot me a PM- I can probably hold them for you until you cycle through 16 villagers -and TT to 6:01 AM each day (Make sure the date doesn't change; if it does, make sure you can TT to 6:01 AM the previous day before 6 AM, or else you'll lose them.) before the game switches to the next day to prevent them from moving if I am, for any reason, full and can't reserve them.

Also, if worse comes to worse, I can hold Eunice for you. She's cute, I wouldn't mind serving as a go-between if you're still unsure about TTing. ^-^

Thank you for being so helpful and kind :) Will let you know if I need further help xx

Back