ACNL ratings/amount of players

Jaybird21

Bells
Mailbox
Is it just me or does it seem like nobody plays anymore? I understand that every game will be super popular in the beginning and then it will die down to just the people who really like the game, but it seems like NO ONE is playing. Nobody is online anymore, nobody is on the islands anymore. It just seems so lonely from what it used to be. Am I the only one thinking this?

I think that's just the course of things - i haven't went to the online island in a while because I don't want to deal with annoying kids but the last time i went island hopping it was still pretty populated and active and that's only been a couple months

I can see where you'd think that though, i think things will pick back up even for New Leaf once the next game gets announced which may be soon if god answers prayers

Yeah, I think the majority of people no longer care about the game. Even I, a long time fan of the series stopped playing for over a year at one point. I've gone back to playing now, but online is pretty barren compared to what it used to be. Of course, this is just what naturally happens with every game.

yea I feel the same, I actually thought this game was even more dead than this cause I didn't think people on TBT are still trading/selling stuff lmfao, I had almost non existing expectations so I'm kind of grateful now that it's not completely dead like I thought it was.
I still play alot cause I just got the game recently, but I just don't go on Club Tortimer cause it's full of children & i really can't even catch stags or literally anything properly so.
I think people are way too bored of it now cause they had it for a long time which I understand

I've noticed that too. When I got the game, I would go to the island often but I stopped going because there were a lot of kids and people who errored. Maybe if a game for the switch is announced, there might be in increase in users but once a game comes out, I think there will less people playing

It's been pretty dead for like two years now I'm my opinion.
When the game first came out the acnl society was really prominent in all social media platforms and now it's pretty much the same people constantly rather than an entire community.
After so long you kind of run out of things to do and not everyone is able to restart their town and do everything all over again without getting bored of it quick

The CT islands being empty because of less players sounds like heaven to me. I’m always scared of running into crazies there when I just want to get the exclusive items. The forums will still be my first go-to place for trades, etc. but I’ve noticed that some of the discord servers I’m on are better for quick trades. I had this same dilemma for Fantasy Life because I got into it really late and I thought there’d be no one I could WiFi with, but I can find someone to play with easily on the discord server.

I mean, the game is out for 5-6 years now? It's normal that one day more and more people start to
lose the interest in it. Other games have this problem too. While I do enjoy on the one hand New Leaf
still after all this years, I do wish on the other hand that Nintendo would finally announce a new main
Animal Crossing game. At this point, New Leaf isn't such a big thing like it use to be. And it's now
wonder when it's already 5+ years old and when lots of players already done everything you can
do in this game. I mean, there are even people who start to hack their games because it became
boring. So yeah, I guess more people will be playing Animal Crossing more active again once
Nintendo will bring out a new main game (and not some random Spin-Off like amiibo Festival, ugh).

I don't play online anymore, at all.
And I don't really play the game in itself tbh...

i agree! i do feel like the game's been abandoned slightly, but that's to be expected. as time goes on people find new games and stop playing older ones.
even i stopped playing for a few months a while ago, because i barely had time to (and when i did have time, i kept thinking about how i'd have to fix up my town all over again, and my laziness got the best of me lol), but i've started playing again and i still really enjoy the game.
hopefully, like tiffanistarr said, when a new animal crossing game is announced, new leaf will gain a bit more popularity again!

i agree with everyone else - it's been out for years so it's not unusual for ancl to have lost it's appeal to some people because they have already done everything the game offers and/or have found another game they would rather spend their time on.

8 months ago i started playing again after taking like a two year break, then two months later i stopped playing again. now, not even a week ago i started puntada so i guess it really just depends on if you're feeling like playing. i bet in a few months i'll take another really long break oops

despite this, i'm glad i found this community on here to trade with and talk about the game, so it doesn't feel completely dead to me anymore <3

i agree with everyone else - it's been out for years so it's not unusual for ancl to have lost it's appeal to some people because they have already done everything the game offers and/or have found another game they would rather spend their time on.

8 months ago i started playing again after taking like a two year break, then two months later i stopped playing again. now, not even a week ago i started puntada so i guess it really just depends on if you're feeling like playing. i bet in a few months i'll take another really long break oops

despite this, i'm glad i found this community on here to trade with and talk about the game, so it doesn't feel completely dead to me anymore <3

I'm the same way! I may not play as often as I used to or would like to but talking about it and staying involved in the community makes it so much more fun and it's still such a joy to interact with a community for such a beloved game!

Even if I'm not playing it, I still love to talk about it and discuss it! I'm trying to pace myself for the switch release, I don't want to be fed up with NL and then have to start another AC game.

I do completely see where you are coming from, seeing as I, unfortunately,
am one of those people who has abandoned Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I was graced with giving parents who gifted my sister's and I a Nintendo Switch. Now I spend all of my time playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Also, now I just don't feel like putting the effort into a new town, (I deleted my old one.) when the new one may come out soon. (Obviously not "soon" soon, but.. Hopefully in a year or two.) I can, however, say that there are many people who do not own, nor want, a Switch, meaning they (hopefully) will continue to play for a long time.

Back