ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

im fairly irritated that nintendo ruined the bug catching on the outer islands. the ONLY reason that i went to the other islands was to stock up on bugs for flick so i could make some cash. now thats gone completely so theres absolutely zero reason for me to go to those islands anymore.
i get that folks that dont have 10 villagers might want to still go to the islands to hunt for a new villager, but for me its pointless to go there at all. kinda stinks too because i currently have around 800 nook miles tickets and no reason to use them LOL!

its really not a big deal at all, but i wish the reward for delivering a package would come from the villager you’re delivering for, and not the villager you’re delivering to. that’s the favour i’m asked to do most often, so it’d be nice if it was another way for me to receive a villager’s photo, instead of just friendship points. 😅

If I have to hear Rocket talk about how she can sleep til noon, I'm going to lose it. She's the only villager I have that repeats a line of dialogue every. single. time.

I'm working on completing the Nook Miles Achievements and some of them are so grindy. I've been playing since launch and I barely made it to 100 Smile Isle requests. I really wish more things would count towards it. For example, if you sell them something from your inventory, that should count or if you catch a flea on them. I've gotten up to 160 now but only because I've been only focusing on finishing that achievement and playing non-stop. It's making me hate talking to my villagers, who were already prone to repetitive dialogue.

I feel that in theory Nook Miles were going to be better than badges but it turns out not. They are just way to grindy, dont have the charm of badges, you cant get excited and show them off on your TPC (Actually the passport is kinda like a TPC just only used like once lol), and after you use the miles you have on a few items you never use them again unless for tickets. ALSO YALL KILLED MAH KING PHINEASE. I had coffee with him though!!!

Happy Home Paradise feels "too easy" when you just do things half way and the villager doesn't seem to care how well the home is as long as they have the items they wanted to see. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I wish there was a grading system.
I heard this was a problem in Happy Home Designer, as well. It's a shame, because villagers having an appropriate reaction to how much effort you put into fulfilling their desires could lead to some potentially funny writing — probably something more reminiscent to say, Wild World, for example. I already know the dialogue in this game is criticized enough as it is, so I'm not gonna beat a dead horse about it.

i just got the vine hanging chair and it bothers me that there is no swinging animation. they could’ve at least made a little swinging animation for a few seconds after you sit on it. also i hate how my characters hair/hat glitches through the chair. it’s still a cute chair though, so im still going to use it in my green room/plant room.

Really triggers me how everyday I log into this game I keep getting duplicate DIYS. Like seriously its so annoying!

I want to pick the weeds at Harv's Merchant Island Plaza!

It drives me crazy!
Me too. Plus, I feel like Harriet, as a style-conscious individual, would be just the type of personality that the weeds would grate on her too.

I hate how the game is design oriented now. Why is it so focused on crafting and design? I miss when it was more like a community. I think crafting was fine as a background feature but it’s so prominent. It’s shoved in your face like terraforming is. I like terraforming, it makes things so much easier… I just wish it was more focused on what Animal Crossing is. This isn’t the game we came to love.

Also: I miss the dump. 🙃

Happy Home Paradise feels "too easy" when you just do things half way and the villager doesn't seem to care how well the home is as long as they have the items they wanted to see. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I wish there was a grading system.

A grading system would make it more interesting and give it a challenge. That would be nice. You can literally just leave their house with the requested items and they will have the same reaction. I do also wish they would make it so that Villagers reacted based on how much effort you put into their houses.

I hate how the game is design oriented now. Why is it so focused on crafting and design? I miss when it was more like a community. I think crafting was fine as a background feature but it’s so prominent. It’s shoved in your face like terraforming is. I like terraforming, it makes things so much easier… I just wish it was more focused on what Animal Crossing is. This isn’t the game we came to love.

Also: I miss the dump. 🙃
I agree. The charm of the game was the community feel and social interaction of a small town, with design being a secondary aspect. While island design is not a negative by any means, it seems that it was made a greater priority in ACNH and especially 2.0, to the detriment of the interactive part of the game. Had the designers fully baked some features like mini-jobs at Brewster‘s, MP games, and a wider breadth of villager interactions, ACNH would be a bit more balanced. It is a shame ACNH is more or less completed, because you would think it would not be difficult to include these in another update, given how much was added in 2.0. Maybe next time…

Two things:

1. I SERIOUSLY want to give Daisy Mae a handkerchief! She's otherwise very cute, but without a tissue, she is nauseating. Am I the only one who stands north of her before speaking to her so that when we talk, I won't have to see her face? Also, my daughter has the Happy Home dlc game and saw Daisy Mae's grandmother, Joan, in the new hospital. Joan said that her health was bad because her farm life had been so hard, carrying turnips, etc. but that now it was okay because her granddaughter was doing the work. I was like WHAT?? Your lifestyle damages your health so now you set out to ruin your granddaughter's health? The child is filthy, always has a cold, and is overworked. Should I call the ACNH child protective services?? 😝

2. The fact that I can't politely say, "No, thank you," to Brewster when he offers pigeon milk with my coffee. I mean yes, in my head I say, "Ew, no," but I would never say that to his face.

A grading system would make it more interesting and give it a challenge. That would be nice. You can literally just leave their house with the requested items and they will have the same reaction. I do also wish they would make it so that Villagers reacted based on how much effort you put into their houses.
I can't believe I have to bring up this game again but in Pocket Camp at least it tells you what sort of items that the villager wants for their vacation home and you actually get graded if you have that item, but if you don't have it and place it with something else then it would nerf the rating the score.

I wish they made more FOOD rugs in the 2.0 update not just the watermelon rugs and a cookie rug and stuff, I would love a pizza and a doughnut rug.

Back