• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

Yeah, the flowers are out of control. They duplicate so fast and it’s unrealistic (then again, so are money trees)… I wish there were a flower removal service. And the fact they have to be dug up? Why can’t you just pick them up? It’s really annoying…
I think a DYI recipe for a flamethrower wold be nice!

I could remove all your flowers for free if you want, I don't mind cleaning up hundreds of flowers. :)
Thank you! This is really nice of you. :) Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of free time right now to play (I havent opened my game this week oops) but I’ll let you know when I’m free!

It still bothers me how they messed up the ordinances in this game. I mean the Bell Bloom Ordinance works just fine, but all the others are just bad. Night Owl and Early Bird only change the wake up time by one hour and the Beautiful Island Ordinance doesn't make your weeds go away or get rid of any roaches in your home, instead all you get is a decrease spawn of weeds, some of your flowers will start growing more constantly (which is fine if you're still trying to get hybrids), and of course that whole "villagers will pick up weeds" is a scam. Did Nintendo forgert how Ordinances work back in New Leaf or did they just rushed through it because they didn't think people would notice?

A trivial complaint I have with the game is how the player characters look. The villagers are fine, but it's puzzling that humans have more detailed knees, but they don't have toes. Even NL, with its lower resolution, had toes on your character, so it's weird that this aesthetic choice is absent in NH, especially since animals have paws/toes, now, themselves. Plus, I prefer how humans were stylized during the NL era, anyway.

It's annoying that the mannequins from NL are in the game and on display in Able's, but aren't available to players.
Really? I guess that's just another thing NL does better, I suppose. I also don't understand why you're limited to trying on clothes in the fitting room only. It'd slightly be more convenient to just allow the player to try on an outfit they see on a mannequin rather than scrolling through a list of it.

Last edited:
A trivial complaint I have with the game is how the player characters look. The villagers are fine, but it's puzzling that humans have more detail knees, but they don't have toes. Even NL, with its lower resolution, had toes on your character, so it's weird why this aesthetic choice is absent in NH, especially since animals have paws/toes, now, themselves. Plus, I prefer how humans were stylized during the NL era, anyway.

Really? I guess that's just another thing NL does better, I suppose. I also don't understand why you're limited to trying on clothes in the fitting room only. It'd slightly be more convenient to just allow the player to try on an outfit they see on a mannequin rather than scrolling through a list of it.
Yeah it even has the same pose. So there's no way they couldn't have thought someone didn't want these. And since they function the same way in the shop, there is probably source code there where they could easily make them available to the player.
show

mannequin.jpg

As for the dressing room, it's better than how it was set up in NL's clothes shops. I did find Mable commenting on the clothes you picked out to be very cute. It was slow yes, but they added a bit of charm.

Yeah it even has the same pose. So there's no way they couldn't have thought someone didn't want these. And since they function the same way in the shop, there is probably source code there where they could easily make them available to the player.
show

mannequin.jpg

As for the dressing room, it's better than how it was set up in NL's clothes shops. I did find Mable commenting on the clothes you picked out to be very cute. It was slow yes, but they added a bit of charm.
Ah right I forgot you can actually own you own mannequins in New Leaf. It was useful for displaying like so many different clothing items and see what different combinations you can come up with, but you can't do that in this game. In HHP you make an appeal shop but there is one problem. Why can't we put mannequins in the shop? It just makes no logical sense.

show

mannequin.jpg

I think the reason they did not give us mannequins in ACNH was because they thought that we have the wand now so we can switch outfits faster. That was the reason for mannequins in ACNL. I wish they kept them though because 90% of players used them to show off their BEAUTIFUL OUTFITS! Also I do not know anything about coding or game design but I remember watching a ACNH hacked youtube video and the mannequins are not classified as items in the game, I think they are classified as characters? In the fact that they can move around, do reactions, and if you hack it you can play as them. The video has been taken down I think because I cannot find it but if someone else does tell me!

Lately I've been making a ton of food (in NH) to get the "MM-MM-MMiles!" achievement and then selling them, and I didn't realize until I was done making a bunch of cherry smoothies that one of the hot items at Nook's Cranny was cherry jelly, which uses the exact same amount of ingredients as the cherry smoothie. So I could've gotten twice the amount of bells for the same amount of cherries. :/
Post automatically merged:

Why do the villagers during Festivale always run up to you when you're trying to catch feathers. I swear they really get "too" excited these days.
I know, earlier I was digging up manila clams and Frita kept running up to me, and started throwing confetti at my face when I stopped moving. If that happened to me in real life, I would react a lot differently. XP

Speaking of "Viva FESTIVALE!", I'm not sure how I feel about putting villagers in certain attire because of their gender, because honestly, the Festivale Tank Dress does not look good on or fit some of the female islanders. I also liked the Festivale attire better in New Leaf, overall, and villagers all uniformly wore the same thing in that game. It seems weird to have male and female villagers wear different attire because of their gender when clothes aren't gender-specific, unlike NL, where my Mayor would have a completely different running animation if he wore something like what I described, here.

Last edited:
Oh gosh I hate that, when you try to get tools from storage they suddenly break. Again and I said this way long ago there should be an indication when you're tool is about to break.
YES! I was thinking of a durability bar like in Minecraft, or a notice that your tool is badly damaged like in Breath of the Wild. The only way we can kind of know when your tool is about to break is counting how many times you used it, but that's just too much.

Oh gosh I hate that, when you try to get tools from storage they suddenly break. Again and I said this way long ago there should be an indication when you're tool is about to break.
YES! I was thinking of a durability bar like in Minecraft, or a notice that your tool is badly damaged like in Breath of the Wild. The only way we can kind of know when your tool is about to break is counting how many times you used it, but that's just too much.
I hate that tools break in this game. I feel like the best way they could have done it is like the axe and silver axe in past ac games. Those had visible wear. I wouldnt like the bar personally! I HATE BREAKABLE TOOLS. I do not even make the gold tools because I feel like it wastes my gold.

I hate that tools break in this game. I feel like the best way they could have done it is like the axe and silver axe in past ac games. Those had visible wear. I wouldnt like the bar personally! I HATE BREAKABLE TOOLS. I do not even make the gold tools because I feel like it wastes my gold.
I agree. It's just another weird step backwards this game took. Besides it being somewhat charming at the beginning, I don't think it adds anything positive to the game anymore. Just disrupts you when it happens and takes up pocket space with backups/resources. Also no tools would break that fast in real life. The fact that the gold tools break seems like a mistake or even a joke...

You know with several things in this game I get the feeling that Nintendo purposely wants to aggravate us or make us mash buttons for ages and I don't know why ☹️

I have multiple complaints concerning Festivale … The villagers only talk about dancing and feathers for the entire day. The rewards are kind of boring. Pavé‘s dialogue when he receives a rainbow feather is too long. There is confetti all over the screen, and the sound the feathers make is kind of annoying.

Apart from Festivale, the fact that tools can break really annoys me. I have to buy or craft new tools every single day.

And why isn’t it possible to craft multiple items at a time? Same goes for buying from Leif. It’s possible to choose between 1 and 5 seed potatoes (or other), but what if I wanna buy 20?

I agree. It's just another weird step backwards this game took. Besides it being somewhat charming at the beginning, I don't think it adds anything positive to the game anymore. Just disrupts you when it happens and takes up pocket space with backups/resources. Also no tools would break that fast in real life. The fact that the gold tools break seems like a mistake or even a joke...

You know with several things in this game I get the feeling that Nintendo purposely wants to aggravate us or make us mash buttons for ages and I don't know why ☹️
Literally I understood the axe even if it made me angry, atleast it was cute then. But when its EVERY SINGLE tool its just ANNOYING AND I HATE IT. LIKE WHAT WAS THE REASON???? I understand the whole craft :D but like uh WHAT ABOUT GOLD TOOLS NINTENDO PLEASE LET ME ESCAPE THIS CYCLE. Its really sad NH is a great game but I agree, instead of every other animal crossing game being a better version of the past games I feel like it became a soft reboot for the series instead.

Back