• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

Kapp'n has never taken me to an island with a different fruit from my native fruit. It's annoying. I need some oranges and cherries lol

You know what? This is a tiny one, but I find it so weird that there's no UI indicator that Cyrus' customizations are reducing your bells. Obviously there is a price that is displayed to the right of all the colorway options, but other than that, all there is is the little loading screen and music, then he hands you the item...and that's it. It doesn't do the little bell-spending sound effect or show you that you've lost bells because you purchased something.
I often don't realize I barely have any bells left when customizing things because the Re-Tail customization screens don't indicate that at all lol. This bothers me more than it should, especially since he's like the only NPC in the game that isn't shown to take a bag of bells from your hand OR otherwise indicate that you've lost bells from the transaction.
Does anyone else know what I'm referring to? It kinda drives me nuts LMAO. It also makes the whole transaction feel like it's missing something, like when you have to sneeze but then it goes away...
I haven't gotten close to that point in the game, but this sounds awful. I wonder why they did it like this. Was it time? Deadline? Team too small? Does he at least tell you how much said transaction would cost before you enter it? nvm I see you stated it was in the menu, but I figured the character would at least tell you through dialog too

It would have been neat if the update brought us the ability to repave resident services! Even if it was just neutral brick colours in a few options, like the default orange, grey, and brown. I find it kinda weird that we can't do this tbh! It's a very small thing but I would have been very happy to turn the bricks grey.

I haven't gotten close to that point in the game, but this sounds awful. I wonder why they did it like this. Was it time? Deadline? Team too small? Does he at least tell you how much said transaction would cost before you enter it? nvm I see you stated it was in the menu, but I figured the character would at least tell you through dialog too
I have absolutely no idea?? It is indeed as awful as it sounds lmao it was such a strange choice to make...it already sucks that going to Cyrus doesn't feel "tactile" enough because there's no animation of him building or working after you give him your item, then they make it worse by not showing your bells reducing either. It seems incredibly lazy

Agreed on the shops on Harv's island not restocking daily; seems pretty silly. Also why can't we buy in bulk at Ables? That feels like something that should have been included awhile ago.

It would have been neat if the update brought us the ability to repave resident services! Even if it was just neutral brick colours in a few options, like the default orange, grey, and brown. I find it kinda weird that we can't do this tbh! It's a very small thing but I would have been very happy to turn the bricks grey.
Yes!
I just wished the bricks actually matched the brick path. I don't recall, but did they ever give the option to edit the colors of RS lamp posts?

Yes!
I just wished the bricks actually matched the brick path. I don't recall, but did they ever give the option to edit the colors of RS lamp posts?

I don't believe so, but I could be wrong because I've never tried (or even really noticed them!)

Also, I didn't realize the bricks didn't match! I never bought that path because I don't have a use for it, but I assumed it would just from glancing at it! Weird.

I'm kind if disappointed that they didn't introduce us being able to work at the Roost this time around. Unless I just haven't activated it yet.
i agree! not being able to work sucks. it was guessing what villagers like what and such. i hope they will bring it back

I wish you could ask Brewster to open a shop instead of having it in the museum if you want, like either or type thing. We set up a whole spot for his shop to go just so he could say “museum coffee”

I wish you could ask Brewster to open a shop instead of having it in the museum if you want, like either or type thing. We set up a whole spot for his shop to go just so he could say “museum coffee”
Speaking on that, what was that datamine about a souvenir shop. Or whatever they called it. Can't remember the exact name they found for it.

While I'm very glad you can actually move your rocks in this game, I hate how you have to do it.

I did it a couple weeks back when designing my island. But I decided I had to change my island layout a bit as it was making me feels all claustrophobic.

So the museum moved, and with it, so did the rocks as they looked stupid in the space left behind. (Rocks aren't with the museum any more either though).

Why do you have to spend so long blocking off spaces for them to spawn where you want?
Making it so you have to TT or just not play each day because blocking off your whole island makes it pretty much unplayable.
And then of course you miss spaces and they end up in the wrong place.

They're all where I wanted now.
But it did take forever...

On a happy note I like what I did with the island haha

While I'm very glad you can actually move your rocks in this game, I hate how you have to do it.

I did it a couple weeks back when designing my island. But I decided I had to change my island layout a bit as it was making me feels all claustrophobic.

So the museum moved, and with it, so did the rocks as they looked stupid in the space left behind. (Rocks aren't with the museum any more either though).

Why do you have to spend so long blocking off spaces for them to spawn where you want?
Making it so you have to TT or just not play each day because blocking off your whole island makes it pretty much unplayable.

Thank god I was able to have like a 6 Rock garden on my main island and I am never doing that process again, it was SUPER painful and tedious to do. I want to do it on my 2n island but I just told myself "no not going through that again".

This is most likely already mentioned in the thread somewhere, but interacting with Orville to visit another island/invite people over is such a pain. It takes selecting 4 dialogue options to visit someone locally, and 5 to open my gates for someone to visit me... why, exactly?

Sometimes my wife and I will swap stuff etc that necessitates multiple visits, and it quickly turns into a chore. These options could easily be condensed into one or two lists of options.

Also, I kinda wish construction mode had a HHD-style interface or something so I could avoid accidentally making cliffs when trying to break one in the neighboring square and the like. My aim's awful! 😄

This is most likely already mentioned in the thread somewhere, but interacting with Orville to visit another island/invite people over is such a pain. It takes selecting 4 dialogue options to visit someone locally, and 5 to open my gates for someone to visit me... why, exactly?

Sometimes my wife and I will swap stuff etc that necessitates multiple visits, and it quickly turns into a chore. These options could easily be condensed into one or two lists of options.

Also, I kinda wish construction mode had a HHD-style interface or something so I could avoid accidentally making cliffs when trying to break one in the neighboring square and the like. My aim's awful! 😄
Despite the 2.0 update they literally did nothing to improve the online play. I know some people may defend this but of all the Nintendo games the have multiplayer this game has the worst in it. You can't even play mini games with your friends like you could in New Leaf.

It'd be cool if they did a new QoL update where the ax with food-power destroyed the rock, but the shovel pocketed it into your inventory.

Back