• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

I realize that it would probably be a bother for them to have to give it special properties as opposed to the other beds, since you're supposed to just be able to roll out of them immediately, but it feels unsatisfying to me that the lid of the Cold Sleep Pod doesn't close when you lie in it.

Okay I just don't get it with these villagers at HHP. One of them wanted their own Fast Food Restaurant but the funny thing is there is already a Restaurant as a Facility at the Resort. This is such an Animal Crossing logic, but why would they ask for a "Fast food theme" home when there is a Restaurant in service. It just doesn't make any sense.

why is Nintendo trying to gaslight me into thinking digby doesn't exist? why isn't he having coffee with isabelle? why is he nowhere to be found anywhere? where's my boy?

right now I'm going crazy bc I would love to be able to rotate patterns rn?? Like, I got the prettiest patterns for my paths but they are missing some corners!! And I need to either find a new pattern or make my own corners which I suck at. Also, I hate so so much the fact that storage is related to house size!!! I don't need a bigger house, I just want to have enough space to put things in! I loved in new leaf how we had the ability to remodel our tiny houses with really cool exterior options and storage size was unrelated to how big our houses were ugh. I hate having to fill so many rooms, I am comfortable enough with just upstairs and the back room (I'm not that good at interior decoration tbh)

Timmy. Tommy. Can you please just shut up about the dang sale already?
OK YESSSS Why do I have to click through 5 lines of dialogue about the sale when I enter the store for the first time every day. Then later, when you try to sell to them or shop in the case, you have to click through it again. And this repeats every time you enter the store. And the worst part is when you're trying to sell to the nook brothers, you have to click through the 5 lines and then start a second conversation to actually sell stuff.

Like. why

I agree sooooooo much with what everyone's saying about Timmy and the Nook Friday sale. Like, we get it. Telling us ONE TIME is enough. Or at the most once per day of the sale. The extra long dialogue is so clunky and annoying.
I could maybe see each time you enter the store AT MOST but they repeat it every time I select anything, ugh.

I agree sooooooo much with what everyone's saying about Timmy and the Nook Friday sale. Like, we get it. Telling us ONE TIME is enough. Or at the most once per day of the sale. The extra long dialogue is so clunky and annoying.
I fully agree. I actually never want the sales reps to talk to me unless I talk to them lol. Happy they added that in this game when you enter the store a second time but I wish they'd shut up the first time tbh lol.

I don't know if this is a problem for other people, but when I'm fishing I have to put the little bobber directly in front of the fish's path, not slightly to the left, or slightly to the right. and then when you finally get it in the right spot, but it's too far forward the damn fish turns around instead of going towards the bobber thingy.

for me they're just little things that don't affect my gameplay in any way, they're just a minor annoyance in the moment and I forget about them almost instantly and go on with my day. for instance I don't like having just one of a certain material (like just one rock for example, or just one softwood), nor do I like having 30 of something. the former because I need to have the little number in the corner displaying an amount, and the latter because I can't deal with the stress of having another inventory slot filled any moment with even more of the same material. I always make sure to either get some more materials to get that little number, or put them away in my storage when they've reached 30 in total (and then immediately go obtain some more of that same material because I always have to carry with me at least five of each material in my inventory if I'm ever in a tool-related pickle and don't have access to my storage). by the way kudos to you if you actually read through the whole thing, I just bored myself to tears.

but wait there's more! I also can't deal with having tree branches lying around everywhere and have to pick them up as soon as I see them because they make the ground look so cluttered. I find it funny how I always do this because I'm so messy overall. my dumpster fire of an island puts the sloppy furniture series to shame to be honest with you all.

it also annoys me somewhat having to wait a second for my character to put away the shovel before interacting with a villager whenever I have one equipped. that one makes my eyelid twitch a little, I'm not gonna lie.

oh and PICKED MUMS. guhhh don't even get me started on those 😩 anyhoo lol. what about you guys, do you have any pet peeves at all?

When I build a cliff or river and even though I move, my joycon drifts me back and destroys/fills in what I just made.

I also can't deal with having tree branches lying around everywhere and have to pick them up as soon as I see them because they make the ground look so cluttered.
This is one that we have in common!! I seriously wish that they would disappear if they fell on paths or something. I have so many sticks just bc I always have to pick them up if I see one on the ground.

Another is that there's no option to put something in your house directly back into your inventory, only your storage. It's a small inconvenience but it just annoys me because I always forget to get it out of my storage so I can get it customized or whatever I need to do. Another thing that annoys me is all of the dialogue that you have to go to to either visit someone or open your gates. There's a confirmation for literally everything EXCEPT the last option so when I'm trying to get a Dodo code for people on here I accidentally select only friends and that's the ONE time where he goes "ALRIGHT, OPENING TO FRIENDS ONLY NOW!! THERE'S NO GOING BACK!!!!" and I have to close my gates and go through everything again. I truly wish Nintendo worked on optimizing that more with the 2.0 update. They know people have an issue with it, I guess it was just too much to work on?

I hate how you can’t have different hairstyles and colors with a wand to go with your outfits. I had ideas for cosplay but they all require different hairstyles. It’s a shame you can’t have different hair attached to your wand outfits, and it’s beyond me why this wasn’t a thing in the first place. This is my biggest pet peeve with the wands.

Back