• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

I guess it just depends on how many items that are placed on the island. I remember going to a dream island that had so much stuff and my game lagged really badly.
I dont mean to judge but... I have no idea how those people play those islands.

I run into something, and 30 seconds later it appears, along with what looks to be every item in the game

It might look nice but so not worth it

The Happy Home Network app is almost useless.

You can use it to revisit homes you designed, however, it only works while at the HHP location.

If you take a plane there, you'll be a few feet away from Nico at his boat who will do the same thing. HHN should just teleport us to the selected home or something from our own island

UPDATE: I will not withdraw the complaint, but I will add that I have unlocked the online version of HHN, and that does work from our own islands. It's better than nothing. The only con for the online version is you can only share a max of 10 homes/facilities.

Last edited:
Okay I need to express this and this maybe an Animal Crossing logic. I was going to design a yard for Rolf because he wished to "spend a lot of time outdoors" so I figured I would make a yard for him. I was pretty much spending so much time putting outdoor furniture "outside" because that makes more sense. However, he got mad saying "How come you haven't done the interior?" Like really? You literally just said you wanted to spend a lot of time outdoors, so what is the point of having a home? Feeling frustrated I just designed a home with Antique furniture because I wanted it to make more sense. I swear some of the villagers themes of what they want makes no sense.

Okay I need to express this and this maybe an Animal Crossing logic. I was going to design a yard for Rolf because he wished to "spend a lot of time outdoors" so I figured I would make a yard for him. I was pretty much spending so much time putting outdoor furniture "outside" because that makes more sense. However, he got mad saying "How come you haven't done the interior?" Like really? You literally just said you wanted to spend a lot of time outdoors, so what is the point of having a home? Feeling frustrated I just designed a home with Antique furniture because I wanted it to make more sense. I swear some of the villagers themes of what they want makes no sense.

Eh, it makes sense to me. Having a yard when I bought a IRL house was important to me because I wanted to have plants and green areas, but obviously I like having a house to sleep in and keep my stuff in. For villagers like that, you could do just what you did - maybe give them a very basic interior with a bed, a chair or two to sit on, and a few decorations. But you don't necessarily need to spend tons of time on it if you don't want to.

For Eloise and her reading space, I still went back and made her a yard because it looked funny to me for her to have no yard. I made her a comfy little outdoor reading spot with some outdoor chairs, a stool that I used as a small table to put a magazine on, some trees, and a little flower garden.

Eh, it makes sense to me. Having a yard when I bought a IRL house was important to me because I wanted to have plants and green areas, but obviously I like having a house to sleep in and keep my stuff in. For villagers like that, you could do just what you did - maybe give them a very basic interior with a bed, a chair or two to sit on, and a few decorations. But you don't necessarily need to spend tons of time on it if you don't want to.

For Eloise and her reading space, I still went back and made her a yard because it looked funny to me for her to have no yard. I made her a comfy little outdoor reading spot with some outdoor chairs, a stool that I used as a small table to put a magazine on, some trees, and a little flower garden.
I am pretty critical when it comes to villager homes, and I make sure to have "actual" indoor items because it really triggers me when they have outdoor items inside their homes. Needless to say I made sure Rolf had all the outdoor items outside and all the indoor items inside, but I'll remember next time to be more simple.

I had it planned out so my 21st to 30th vacation homes would be for all my island villagers, like a countdown. But then, in comes another villager that I’m forced to design a vacation home for if I want to progress.
Never mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (I’m still gonna give them the vacation home of their dreams, of course. It’s too fun~)

I really wish that you could choose your own villager to help run town hall instead of Isabelle!
Imagine if an uchi villager ran the town hall? Amazing!

I hate cast master

On my new island fishing was so stressful

Now I have it and fishing is fun again.

I dont get its inclusion.

Its stress. Not fun

I still wished we had a Goal list of different rewards to do instead of just getting new Nook Mile Achievements.

What would be the difference?
I'm sorry but I just miss the Goal List from Pocket Camp, where you were able to get more different rewards like bells, materials, and special gifts. The difference would be that it would be delivered to your mailbox at your home to collect it. Maybe I'm asking for too much, but still I would've liked it there was more variety of a reason to get different rewards other than Nook Miles, I'm just saying.

I'm sorry but I just miss the Goal List from Pocket Camp, where you were able to get more different rewards like bells, materials, and special gifts. The difference would be that it would be delivered to your mailbox at your home to collect it. Maybe I'm asking for too much, but still I would've liked it there was more variety of a reason to get different rewards other than Nook Miles, I'm just saying.
So basically the same thing as the nook mile tasks but different rewards?

To me it seems like a better way to do it would be to have other things to spend miles on like wood should you need it and stuff like that

So basically the same thing as the nook mile tasks but different rewards?

To me it seems like a better way to do it would be to have other things to spend miles on like wood should you need it and stuff like that
I guess but still. I stand by my opinion.

I wanted to like KK Fugue, i really did. But listening to it sends me into some wort of deep seated irritation. I love repetitive sounds in music. I can listen to basic bgm for hours. But K.K. Fugue infuriates me for reasons i dont understand. I'm searching desperatly for a villager with K.K. Sonata so i can replace this song in Muffy's Vacation Home because if i don't I have to turn the sound off or loose my marbles.

I hate cast master

On my new island fishing was so stressful

Now I have it and fishing is fun again.

I dont get its inclusion.

Its stress. Not fun
Yeah I think I spent my first 2 days on my island trying to complete 100 perfect fish catchings.
I found the "Do it with your eyes closed and rely on sound + catch easy fish/avoid harder ones" method is what got me to the 100th without a hitch. But I won't deny it was stressful. It's so relaxing now not having to worry about that streak being broken.

I guess the 'reason' for its inclusion that I can guess is to give a challenge to fishing, a "see how long you can go without breaking your streak and get to 100 doing so" thing.

Yeah I think I spent my first 2 days on my island trying to complete 100 perfect fish catchings.
I found the "Do it with your eyes closed and rely on sound + catch easy fish/avoid harder ones" method is what got me to the 100th without a hitch. But I won't deny it was stressful. It's so relaxing now not having to worry about that streak being broken.

I guess the 'reason' for its inclusion that I can guess is to give a challenge to fishing, a "see how long you can go without breaking your streak and get to 100 doing so" thing.
I do the eyes closed thing but I'm still so twitchy with it as I'm too worried about losing it. I'm on edge the whole time.
I was losing 1 in 3

Now I'm catching them all with no problem as there are no worries attached to losing them

I do the eyes closed thing but I'm still so twitchy with it as I'm too worried about losing it. I'm on edge the whole time.
Heh, I totally get that. Been fishing with eyes open and on edge the whole time before that strat to where it's hard to refrain from pressing that button by the third nip. x'3

Brewster talks way too quietly. I finally found him today on the island and it was annoying because I couldn’t hear him at all.

I don’t like that we still have to accept double DIY and meanwhile we can turn it down if we already own it. I don’t understand.
No, Blubear I do not want your DIY of the wooden bucket for the 5th time, thank you very much :/

I don’t like that we still have to accept double DIY and meanwhile we can turn it down if we already own it. I don’t understand.
No, Blubear I do not want your DIY of the wooden bucket for the 5th time, thank you very much :/
Well at least the good news is that you finally store DIY in storage. It was so annoying having to drop them all over the place, but now I can store them.

Back