ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

Sorry but moving stuff outside could be so much easier. Like if you want to have items on a table rotated at a certain angle that is going to be a PITA or impossible. There's putting your time in to get satisfying rewards and just mechanics that could have better QoL.
I agree there could be better ways of stuff like that. Mainly because some positions are just impossible.

But I don't think paths and fences should be done like in the DLC, nor do I think you should be able to just plonk items down across the map.

I fully am generalising the community here, but I hear so many people say how much they liked the life sim part of the game and they don't feel there is enough in new horizons.
But at the same time I keep hearing about wanting to be able to change every aspect of their island within less than an hour.

I agree there could be better ways of stuff like that. Mainly because some positions are just impossible.

But I don't think paths and fences should be done like in the DLC, nor do I think you should be able to just plonk items down across the map.

I fully am generalising the community here, but I hear so many people say how much they liked the life sim part of the game and they don't feel there is enough in new horizons.
But at the same time I keep hearing about wanting to be able to change every aspect of their island within less than an hour.
I feel like you can accomplish both tbh, and that has been done in many games. (The Sims being an obvious example)

I feel like you can accomplish both tbh, and that has been done in many games. (The Sims being an obvious example)
I disagree about the sims
Because its not real time

You can go through 3 whole sim generations in a whole day of playing

I'm really glad they added all the vendors to Harv's Island, and I think they did the best they could with the the challenges of the island theme. That said, having to go through the Dodo menu and DAL loading screen to get to what is basically main street overcomplicated something that used to be quick and simple.

I mean most people here time travel and judging by their completed Harv street, they did that. So real time is kind of redundant if people just TT to get it done anyway. So there definitely could be better ways to handle terraforming and QoL features like putting furniture outside. Like you could carry/drop the stuff and then go into decorating mode with a limited range.

I mean most people here time travel and judging by their completed Harv street, they did that. So real time is kind of redundant if people just TT to get it done anyway. So there definitely could be better ways to handle terraforming and QoL features like putting furniture outside. Like you could carry/drop the stuff and then go into decorating mode with a limited range.
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think what we have right now is perfect, as I said earlier, some things are just impossible like getting an item in the middle of a table.

I would say that having the items on hand and being in like a 9x9 grid should certainly allow movement of items around more freely like in the dlc.

Just not as a whole island thing and from storage and all that.

And especially not tree movement and stuff.
Just so you can get items where you want them without playing tetris

I can definitely agree with that. Switching the tree life or having the entire island being able to be decorated with the Paradise mode would be overkill and take away from the charm. It would make it very artificial.

Personally I'm glad we can't use the exterior decorating tools.
I think they completely destroy what the game is about.
Its all about rewards over time, and putting in what you get out.

But I do think room size changes should be a thing.
We do so much with that in the dlc, it should just be a thing
To right. The rooms we have on the left, north, and right of our homes are too small. The only places that can hold more furniture are the main room, Attic and Basement. Which is one of the reason why I had to make so many homes on my main island mainly because I had more ideas but because they became too cluttered I had to make a new home just to bring out the idea I had.

To right. The rooms we have on the left, north, and right of our homes are too small. The only paces that can hold more furniture are the main room, Attic and Basement. Which is one of the reason why I had to make so many homes on my main island mainly because I had more ideas but because they became too cluttered I had to make a new home just to bring out the idea I had.
I have rooms that I wanted to recreate in NH from NL and I just can't do it with the same furniture because of the size. Plus a lot of the stuff wasn't available before. It may be now that we just got the updates. But still the smaller room sizes means I will have to downsize on some of the furniture or make the room so squished it will feel cluttered.

I have rooms that I wanted to recreate in NH from NL and I just can't do it with the same furniture because of the size. Plus a lot of the stuff wasn't available before. It may be now that we just got the updates. But still the smaller room sizes means I will have to downsize on some of the furniture or make the room so squished it will feel cluttered.
Yeah and its just so frustrating when on Happy Home Paradise you can make the room size bigger and taller to fit more items. I mean since they gave us upgraded storage in our homes you would think they would thought of to expand our space in our home, but no we can't do that. Like I said before in New Leaf you were able to make every space of your home bigger. Sure it costed a lot of bells, but at least you had more room to put all of the furniture items. I just don't see our homes being so much more useful.

To right. The rooms we have on the left, north, and right of our homes are too small. The only places that can hold more furniture are the main room, Attic and Basement. Which is one of the reason why I had to make so many homes on my main island mainly because I had more ideas but because they became too cluttered I had to make a new home just to bring out the idea I had.
The main reason I wish we could do it is the partitions.
I feel we could do so much more with them if we could change the size of the room.

Like HHP I like really narrow rooms so I can make the areas more distinct
I can definitely agree with that. Switching the tree life or having the entire island being able to be decorated with the Paradise mode would be overkill and take away from the charm. It would make it very artificial.
That's my main issue with when people say they want the same tools
Having the furniture movement in a small area around where you are would be perfect.

It does not ruin the feel of the game, just allows you to move things into places you might not have before

@Moritz I doubt the game could handle the entire island being in decorating mode anyway. It would probably lag/stutter so much. People have already claimed to have their game in solo mode have furniture just randomly spawn or slow down the frame-rate as they run by.

@Moritz I doubt the game could handle the entire island being in decorating mode anyway. It would probably lag/stutter so much. People have already claimed to have their game in solo mode have furniture just randomly spawn or slow down the frame-rate as they run by.
I even heard people say after the 2,0 update the game lags more than ever before.

It actually runs better for me!
More slight pop in than before, but no frame rate drops
I guess it just depends on how many items that are placed on the island. I remember going to a dream island that had so much stuff and my game lagged really badly.

Back