AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Sorry if this was already posted but can someone tell me how the whole customization system works?

Sorry if this was already posted but can someone tell me how the whole customization system works?
Do you mean the furniture customization? You take a piece of furniture to the blue alpaca, Kaizo, and you can recolor it, put one of your designs on it, and i guess you can also gem-ify it too :) which btw looks pretty.

I meant that yeah. Does it cost money or materials to just put a design or to change the colors?

So, do we know how gem-ifying furniture affects HRA scores/feng shui?

Though I'm pretty sure I'll finally be ignoring the HRA in NL. I always feel so pressured to make stuff match all the time, especially when villagers would come over and grade your decorating. :blush:

That guide book someone posted a few pages back, maybe post some scans of the available fish, diving creatures and bugs, as well as other stuff? :D

OMG, that totem pole is an expensive project!!

And that guide book is SO huge! Man, so much more than previous games. I sure hope they have the guide available soon after launch here. I've always used them as checklists.

And "gem-ifying" furniture is really neat, I didn't know you could do that. I've always hated the modern series, but adding gems to it made it pretty. With the sheer amount of customization, it seems that it's almost endless what you can do to decorate your house. So many variations!

I meant that yeah. Does it cost money or materials to just put a design or to change the colors?

It costs money + the materials, usually around 100-200 bells.

It may have been around 10,000 bells for the gold furniture and it was 3000 bells to gem-ify the piggy bank, but adding gems to the modern series didn't cost that much.

I have a question. Maybe it's been answered before, but I haven't seen it.

Anyway, if you build a community project, but later want to move it to another spot in town, can you? Like moving a bench from one end of town to the other?

Also, can you replace one project with another one in the same spot, or do you have to "demolish" one before placing another in it's place?

Anyway, if you build a community project, but later want to move it to another spot in town, can you? Like moving a bench from one end of town to the other?

Also, can you replace one project with another one in the same spot, or do you have to "demolish" one before placing another in it's place?
There doesn't seem to be a option to move projects, only to destroy them.

You can't move a completed community project. You'd have to delete it and then rebuild it somewhere else, still having to pay the set amount. And you have to demolish one project before replacing it with another.

So, do we know how gem-ifying furniture affects HRA scores/feng shui?

Though I'm pretty sure I'll finally be ignoring the HRA in NL. I always feel so pressured to make stuff match all the time, especially when villagers would come over and grade your decorating. :blush:
yeah i agree. thought i'll only pay attention to the HRA until i get all rewards (they have some pretty neat rewards in this game) then i'll do what I want

http://cdn.nintendo3dsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Animal-Crossing-New-Leaf-Screenshot-19.jpg

Does anyone know what furniture set this is? Is it Scandinavian or something? And has it been customised?
new set uncustomized

That guide book someone posted a few pages back, maybe post some scans of the available fish, diving creatures and bugs, as well as other stuff? :D
we already know what fish, bugs and diving things are in the game.

There doesn't seem to be a option to move projects, only to destroy them.

Adding to this, I think I read/heard somewhere it costs a few thousand (maybe 5,000? possibly less) to remove community projects

Jake you are good at finding the japanese wikis. Do you know of one with a list of the HRA awards?

Jake you are good at finding the japanese wikis. Do you know of one with a list of the HRA awards?

Actually Saratoga just posted 5 of them a while ago and I just bookmarked the post and check it every now and then;

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...y-info-sites&p=1271542&viewfull=1#post1271542

I would search for you but I'm heading out soon so either you can do it now or if I remember i'll do it when i get back :)

I do know that you get a flag banner thing and a trpohy

Back