• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AC Director clears up some things about HHD

EpicMeli

Bells
Small Mailbox
Pear (Fruit)
User Title Color Change
This is from Justin.'s post, but I thought I'd also make it a thread here for discussion. :)

From an interview with the director here: http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/25/a...-on-how-amiibo-influenced-new-games/view-all/

• There is no store to buy furniture from; it?s all available to you for free but is still progressively unlocked
  • Accepting new requests unlocks new furniture which matches the theme of the request
  • There is no ?budget? when designing homes, although this was considered at some point in the development process
  • You can fully customize your character to change your face and hair
  • You will always be in the Nook Homes? uniform when designing homes as you are working
  • amiibo Cards are absolutely not required to play the game; villagers will still appear randomly with their requests

Last edited:
"Not only can you just visit, but you can use Amiibo cards to invite other animals. For example, an animal might say, I want a room that’s like a concert hall. I want to hold concerts there. Or they’d want a room that’s really made for birthday parties, because they want to have birthday parties there. So you create the room and you can decide whose birthday party it’s going to be. "

So I need an amiibo card to build a concert hall or similar things?

Thanks for the info!

• You can fully customize your character to change your face and hair
Wait, so you mean you can change your face whenever you want? If so, I can change from the Asian eyes to the shy eyes if I wanted to!

"Not only can you just visit, but you can use Amiibo cards to invite other animals. For example, an animal might say, I want a room that’s like a concert hall. I want to hold concerts there. Or they’d want a room that’s really made for birthday parties, because they want to have birthday parties there. So you create the room and you can decide whose birthday party it’s going to be. "

I'm pretty sure that's not what they meant. For example, when the people at nintendo treehouse were playing ACHHD, fauna requested a house that looked like a concert hall where she would hold "concerts". So, they decorated her house with musical instruments. I believe you don't need amiibo cards to decorate the places in the part of town where all the shops are. I hope that made sense.

Not at all, you just make what they want. No cards required!

Actually, I know what you mean and I saw how that worked in a video at one point. If you're in someone's house when/after decorating (not sure) and you use an amiibo card, the villager from that card will join you in that house, like animals will sometimes visit you in New Leaf if you're buddies with them. You could have quite a few, like 6 or so at once in a house if you want to.

• You will always be in the Nook Homes? uniform when designing homes as you are working

Nook, what happened? You used to be cool about dress codes.

I mean it was after we ditched your stupid outfit and came back to you, but still...

Last edited:
Back