• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

About Moving in Amiibos

meggtheegg

strawbaby she/her
Bells
Island
pillow
Spring Sakura
Yellow Candy
Coco
森
Spring Shamrock
Tasty Cake
Peach (Fruit)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
Okay! So i officially figured out how to get amiibos in from the campsite! I have questions/curiosities though

You get the campsite and MUST move in the first villager that comes to it, it's like a mandatory game event in order to unlock the 10k bell plots you can set down in the future.

Day 1 once you've unlocked the plots you scan your amiibo into the campsite, do their diy request. They'll mention living on your island but will deny your invitation.

Day 2 you scan the same amiibo in again, do their DIY request. Again they'll mention living on your island and will not accept an invitation.

Day 3 you MUST have a plot set before you go and complete their DIY request and ask them to move in. If you have an empty plot set and ask them to move in day 3, they will accept and move in the next day. (note: if you dont have an empty plot set, they'll say that resident services isnt accepting any new residents, and even if you go set a plot and ask them again that same day, the conversation to ask to move in won't trigger again, so i did a hard reset, set the plot, and redid the conversation.)

My questions:
1. does anyone know/has anyone tested yet if you can force a villager to move out and into boxes once you have a full 10 villager island by going through the three day DIY amiibo campsite process? I ordered some amiibos and want to be able to scan in a dreamie or two but dont wanna finish my town with plots and 10 villagers if it's not possible to force someone into boxes. So if you have 10 villagers and no empty plots, when you ask your villager to move in on the third day, will they accept?? what happens, has anyone tested it?

2. the plots that you buy for 10k bells, (not the first 3 that tom nook has you build with accompanying furniture, the ones you buy for 10k after you've unlocked the campsite) when you set an empty plot, will a random villager claim it eventually if you leave it for 1+ days and fail to invite someone from the islands and campsites? Or does it remain empty until you invite someone?

Last edited:
i think i read on here isabelle can force villagers out? odk havent confirmed yet. im not tt'ing so i havent gotten that far personally but i think she should be able to put them in boxes

i think i read on here isabelle can force villagers out? odk havent confirmed yet. im not tt'ing so i havent gotten that far personally but i think she should be able to put them in boxes

i wonder how that works. so far she only gives me the options to reset a villagers catch phrase and clothing like in new leaf when i ask to discuss villagers, but perhaps you get an extra option when you get to 10 villagers. hmm

If you have 10 villagers the invited camper will ask if you want them to replace someone (after the 3rd DIY request), then on the following day they reserve the spot of the villager that got kicked out

If you have 10 villagers the invited camper will ask if you want them to replace someone (after the 3rd DIY request), then on the following day they reserve the spot of the villager that got kicked out

Does the villager you kick out have a chance to be in boxes the next day for someone to adopt them or will their house just be completely gone the next day?

ohhhh i see i see! thats good!

Does the villager you kick out have a chance to be in boxes the next day for someone to adopt them or will their house just be completely gone the next day?

this is a good question to, i imagine they go into boxes maybe immediately? then move out the next day?

Back