• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Abortion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When people are putting responsibility on people who have been raped as if they'd all be in a right state of mind or even willing to tell anyone about it after being severely traumatized

Ie6dqdv.jpg

Last edited:
One problem with that is that most pro lifers consider that to also be abortion. That that'd be a nono as well.

I'm pro-life and I don't consider that to be abortion at all. It's not bad at all. A lot of people are against it though.

im for it, its better to have a child when your financially and mentally ready

im for it, its better to have a child when your financially and mentally ready

agreed. it's better for everyone involved if someone has a child when they're ready and want one instead of being forced to have one when they don't want to and/or can't take proper care of it

I can't remember who said it, but the point about killing living animals / "killing" an embryo, was really good xD

(kinda like how all the people who eat meat were saying I was a 'psychopath' for making a joke about a dead cat
Gonna admit, the joke was really inappropriate doe
)

Last edited:
I can't remember who said it, but the point about killing living animals / "killing" an embryo, was really good xD

(kinda like how all the people who eat meat were saying I was a 'psychopath' for making a joke about a dead cat
)

That cat joke scared the **** out of me lmao

Yeah I'm just joking, I actually did a lab on that in science, I got an 89 on it ;~;

- - - Post Merge - - -

It was a joke referring to food OK?

No, you have to commit to the joke then. Your island doesn't even work, it failed completely. It sunk. Your jests need to be logical.

)

I'm not sure if anyone else did too, but I said it. It's just absurd to me how people can be against abortion for the simple reason that it's murdering a "living thing" yet still go on to eat meat, which is literally a murdered living thing. How can you see a embryo/fetus as a living thing worthy of life, but not an animal? I don't get it, but yeah, whatever

I'm not sure if anyone else did too, but I said it. It's just absurd to me how people can be against abortion for the simple reason that it's murdering a "living thing" yet still go on to eat meat, which is literally a murdered living thing. How can you see a embryo/fetus as a living thing worthy of life, but not an animal? I don't get it, but yeah, whatever

You slay fam.

)

v4PbSWj.jpg

I'm not disagreeing but usually I see pro-lifers emphasise the fact that you're "killing" or "murdering or whatever a human life. Basically they're obsessed with baby humans.

Last edited:
Ok, so I was just being bratty when I mentioned land reclamation as a solution to overpopulation. I just wanted to point out that you CAN "create" new land. The problem, then, is where will we get fresh water for these new inhabitants to drink? Land to farm on? Fossil fuels?

Here's an interesting question and answer about this problem (and it also touches on birth control so it's also relevant to the actual topic of this thread!)

Exactly, that was my point about "overpopulation" not that we don't have any space on earth, because we do, but that we don't have enough resources to sustain a vast amount of life on Earth if we keep using things at the current speed that we're using up resources. So land reclamation is not even necessary or relevant imo as it's not the most simple solution to the problem, and it's very unlikely to ever happen due to the money involved, and we all know what governments etc. are like for wanting to spend money, even for reasons that would help the world in the long run.

Technically we do have enough water, food, farm land, fossil fuels etc. it's just the world's distribution of these resources is messed up, severely messed up.

I guess I brought up the topic of overpopulation by mentioning that I don't understand why people would advocate bringing unwanted children into an overpopulated world, but what I simply meant is that we hardly provide for the majority of people currently on Earth, and there's so many problems (global warming etc..) so forcing people to bring babies that they don't want into the world isn't only completely messed up in my opinion, but can have a negative impact on the literal state of out world

I'm not sure yet how you guys go from Abortion to Artificial Crackers, but I look forward to finding out.

Purged the thread. Stay on topic, respect beliefs/opinions of others, and if ya got nothing to contribute find a new thread to chat in pals. Stay cool.

Purged the thread. Stay on topic, respect beliefs/opinions of others, and if ya got nothing to contribute find a new thread to chat in pals. Stay cool.

But but you deleted my crackers posts ;~;

Wow this thread isn't locked yet?

Wasn't going to comment on this but since it seems like most of everyone is keeping it civil.. My thoughts - a woman should have a say in what happens with her body. Abortion should always be an option.
For the ones who are saying there's always adoption: adoption is a lot harder than you would think, and I think unless someone has actually gone through an adoption process (giving up their own child to a stranger) shouldn't just say that's an easy alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back