Bells
Daisy Easter Egg
Eevee Easter Egg
Chao Easter Egg
Poptart Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Within the space of two real life days (I time travel, btw) TWO of my dreamies have left without saying anything. Yesterday Static left without pinging me and saying anything and now Isabelle has just announced Mira is leaving! I talked to them both regularly and they never mentioned moving, and my other villagers didnt tell me anything about it either!
This is really annoying me now and I don't want any of my other dreamies to move, plus I now have to cycle through 16 villagers before I can get them back.

On another note, Mira is still in boxes, she hasn't actually left yet, would someone mind holdin onto her for a while so I can cycle through villagers and get her back?

As I understand it, that is an unfortunate side-effect of Time Travel. I'm not sure if there's a way to TT without mysteriously losing villagers-- maybe you can only TT one day at a time to make sure Isabelle tells you when somebody is moving out? Otherwise, it's risky.

It's probably linked to your TTing you know. But it's a bit bad you can't convince them to stay if they're in boxes. Makes me miss the old WW moving system.

That's why you should talk to your villagers in between TTing. It's kind of your own fault if you don't.

I'm only going a day at a time, I talk to the villagers a lot, usually someone else will mention it and then I can go and stop them from moving before they pack up
But now they won't say anything about it

All I can say is make sure you talk to all your villagers every 6 days. They won't ping if you haven't spoken to them in a week. And relying on another villager to tell you is iffy, ~ especially as they won't tell you if it is them that is moving if you've not spoke to them for a week beforehand. You have to save and quit and reload the game on the same date to get them to ping then.

Last edited:
All I can say is make sure you talk to all your villagers every 6 days. They won't ping if you haven't spoken to them in a week. And relying on another villager to tell you is iffy, ~ especially as they won't tell you if it is them that is moving if you've not spoke to them for a week beforehand. You have to save and quit and reload the game on the same date to get them to ping then.
I talk to all of the ones that I want to keep daily, none evr ping to say theyre moving anymore, they just go

If Mira is moving out and you plan on getting that same Mira to move back in, it's my understanding that the 16 cycle isn't required to get the same exact villager back

If Mira is moving out and you plan on getting that same Mira to move back in, it's my understanding that the 16 cycle isn't required to get the same exact villager back

I'm peretty sur that the 16 cycle is necessary no matter where you get the villager from

This rumor has been spreading a bit and it's getting a bit out of control:

16 VILLAGER CYCLE IS REQUIRED, WHETHER FROM ANOTHER TOWN OR FROM THE VOID.

I understand the 16 day cycle is required for every villager too.

I'd offer to keep her for you but I don't TT so there's no promise how long it'll take for her to move out.

Well it's the same villager you're getting back, not a copy of them. You wouldn't need to cycle through 16 just to get them back. I've heard people on ACC back this up.

You'll know a villager can't move in if they still show up on main street.

Well it's the same villager you're getting back, not a copy of them. You wouldn't need to cycle through 16 just to get them back. I've heard people on ACC back this up.

I feel like I heard a staff member said it or someone on the IRC, can't remember, said that the 16 villager cycle is required. IDK though, I thought it was required.
But anyone can say something and it's not always true so IDK.

Except I gave Quillson away to someone and he still shows up on my main street, it changes nothing. Also sometimes people back up things that aren't true. :p Happens a lot actually...

idk what to believe. :\ I lost one of my favorites in a similar manner to the OP, and I had my bf hold her for me while I cycled. She wanted to move from his town today, he convinced her to stay of course because I'm not done cycling yet. Now I'm wondering if I could have asked her back. But, if I'd attempted it and it didn't work and she was already in boxes, I'd have been screwed.

Back