A question about giving stuff to villagers and keeping them original

Mari_AC

Bells
Switch
1765-9586-4976
So, Teddy ask me to catch a river fish for him, so I gave him one. However, he hasn't put it to display anywhere in his house. And I like keeping my villagers' houses as original as possible. do you think he could still put that fish somewhere in his house, if he hasn't yet? (He was in when I gave him the fish and I went out and came in again to check)

if he hasn't already, it'll be added to the town's trading items list.

I suppose it's possible. I doubt you can do much about it. I think their houses can change even if you do nothing for them but talk, nothing stopping them from buying at ReTail when you're not looking. Only thing you can really affect is catchphrase and clothing, and that's just because the developers didn't want people upset over getting a villager from a troll who gave it a rude phrase or explicit designed shirts

Actually, most of my villagers' houses are 100% original because I keep the re-tail full with expensive garbage they won't buy and turn down favours that could mess up their houses. The thing is also want to to become good friends with them and get their picsbut that's kinda tricky if you want to keep them original lol. Anyway, I'm hoping he won't put it in his house, I can still reset though... I don't think fish are tradeable like furniture?

I don't think fish are tradeable like furniture?

fish are, they can give them back as rewards for you fetching something for them. to become friends with them, you can just talk to them a ton.

Nope. You either donate them to the museum, give to villagers, sell or keep for pets lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

fish are, they can give them back as rewards for you fetching something for them. to become friends with them, you can just talk to them a ton.

Wait, what? All I ever got was clothing, furniture, and once a persimmon

Wait, what? All I ever got was clothing, furniture, and once a persimmon

i've received one or two fish from villagers in the 4 years i've played, but it's extremely rare, as far as i can tell.

Really? :O I didn't know that. Anyway, I ended up resetting because I didn't want to take the risk with one of my dreamies, I might try with a random villager though :p

i've received one or two fish from villagers in the 4 years i've played, but it's extremely rare, as far as i can tell.

I don't doubt it, I was surprised as anything to get that persimmon, I didn't even have the final store upgrade at that point

May I ask why so many people are deeply attached to the notion of villager originality? To me, it's always seemed like it would take a lot of the fun out of the game, because it requires you to shirk most of the interesting interactions (delivering gifts, catching bugs/fish, buying furniture, etc.) and keeps your villagers at arm's length. It also seems to ruin the simulation of living in a town with other entities, when those entities never change clothes or interact with their surroundings - they just stay stagnant, frozen in time forever. Is it a desire to ensure that everything in town remains as cute and perfect as possible? Or is it mostly a concern of those with themed towns who want the villagers' outfits and interiors to reflect that theme instead of getting cluttered up with Olive Flounders?

So people who keep their villagers houses original just decline all their errands and ignore them when they're interested in an item in Re-Tail? That's kind of depressing, lol.

I would understand if it's for trading purposes. As an Original-state villager can mean everything to someone. But for a task to uphold forever if you know you're keeping them for good seems more micromanaging than relieving? =/

Really? :O I didn't know that. Anyway, I ended up resetting because I didn't want to take the risk with one of my dreamies, I might try with a random villager though :p

To answer your initial question, once you give them a fish or bug and you don't see them displayed when you exit/enter their house, chances are, they'll no longer display it in the future. I do the same thing as you. I don't like messing up their rooms.

To answer your initial question, once you give them a fish or bug and you don't see them displayed when you exit/enter their house, chances are, they'll no longer display it in the future. I do the same thing as you. I don't like messing up their rooms.

Oh okay! thank you :)

May I ask why so many people are deeply attached to the notion of villager originality? To me, it's always seemed like it would take a lot of the fun out of the game, because it requires you to shirk most of the interesting interactions (delivering gifts, catching bugs/fish, buying furniture, etc.) and keeps your villagers at arm's length. It also seems to ruin the simulation of living in a town with other entities, when those entities never change clothes or interact with their surroundings - they just stay stagnant, frozen in time forever. Is it a desire to ensure that everything in town remains as cute and perfect as possible? Or is it mostly a concern of those with themed towns who want the villagers' outfits and interiors to reflect that theme instead of getting cluttered up with Olive Flounders?

Regarding the originality thing... Yes, not running errands and avoiding giving them stuff is kind of a bummer, but I just think it's better in the long run. I'm doing it for their own good! lol. I love villagers' original houses: the furniture and decoration shows their personality and it's just so much better than having a house randomly decorated or filled with fossils, fish and all kinds of garbage. I want them to have their own houses, not some pseudo-museum with distasteful, random furniture lol. Have you seen Diana's house? :rolleyes:I wouldn't want to mess with that! Is there a ranking of the best looking AC villagers' houses? that would be interesting!

Some people say they feel like they personalise their villagers by giving them stuff, which I don't completely disagree with. In fact, I wouldn't mind giving one of my villagers a piece of furniture that I know is going to improve their house. (You can do that when they specifically ask for something of a certain size to replace some other piece of furniture). Soo I'm flexible about it unless it just completely ruins the decoration.

Plus, even if I turn down most of their errands, I still find ways to "please" them without messing up their houses: playing hide and seek, giving them fruit, sending them fruit instead of other presents in letters, getting them signatures, etc... gems are also okay because they never display them. And if they ask for a fish or something I'll just agree to it but never do it because I feel bad just saying no lol

This is exactly what I mean:
1208762bc02dc58e1e0c06b949c9bcc6.jpg

Attachments

• klñññññññ.jpg
    klñññññññ.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Back