• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A new goal

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
A year ago, I did say that 10,000 TBT Bells was the minimum and 10,999 TBT Bells was the maximum I wanted to own. But this time, I decided to shoot for a new TBT milestone goal: 20,000 TBT.

Arithmetically, getting up to 20,000 TBT from here is just as hard as getting to 10,000 TBT from less than 1,000 TBT. I have no collectible that I’m willing to sell, I’m bad at art, I don’t have anything I’m willing to sell in ACNL, I wouldn’t trade ACNL Bells for TBT Bells anymore, and if I were to get involved in the Pokemon business, I would only be a buyer. I’m not counting illegitimate ways to earn it (i.e. trading real-world currency, scamming) since they are illegal, and if it’s illegal, it’s ruled out. Besides, I want to reach my goal legitimately. That, and there are other reasons not to make TBT Bells through these illegitimate methods.

Here’s how to make TBT, and how it relates to me:

• Posting - out of all of the methods on this list, posting to earn TBT is my best bet based on the current situation. But even that requires two important keys - patience and time. One long post would help me earn 10 TBT per post. But here’s the lowdown. The community is not as active, the current topics aren’t as interesting to me, and I don’t have to make long posts to contribute. I also spend a lot of time in the forum related to what interests me the most at the time. Since I’m not too interested into talking about games or site issues right now, I would go to the Basement, where you don’t get paid for posting. But I do eventually pick random topics in other forums, but only when they are the most interesting. For ACNL, I seem to like talking about PWPs, interior design, and landmarks. I have no interest into talking about villagers. For Nintendo in general, I seem to enjoy talking about 3D Mario, and anything related to the N64 and GameCube. For Pokemon, I’m more interested into talking about types. I’m not a fan of the characters, manga, or anime. For Brewster’s, a thread on food or media will pull me in. I’m trying to avoid political discussions now, but even when a discussion is not political or related to religion, I tend to favor controversial subjects more. Case in point, ten years ago, I saw many threads on TV.com on how Cartoon Network is going downhill, as well as SpongeBob. At the time, I was part of the Chowder fanbase, and Chowder was a show on Cartoon Network. The subject about Cartoon Network in general isn’t as interesting now, but it was a lot more interesting when they aired Flash shows (like My Gym Partner’s a Monkey) and live-action shows (which is still the biggest sin CN did, even more than reboots). Regardless, it’s a slow way to make TBT, especially in a time when the community isn’t as active as it used to be.
  • Collectibles - currently, the only collectibles I have that are tradable are apples, tulips, birthstones, the Eevee egg, and the blue rose. Will I sell them? No. The apples are definitely not going anywhere since I am about apples, and Eevee is my favorite Nintendo character. The tulip is my favorite flower, and my birthstone collection are timestamps of my first year on TBT. I wouldn’t even trade the non-tradeables if they were tradeable. But like I said before, time and patience are the keys. I may not have any collectibles I would want to sell right now, but as time rolls by, site events such as the TBT Fair, the Advent Calendar raffle, and the Egg Hunt occur, which gives me an opportunity to earn collectibles so I could sell them. Granted, scalping isn’t a pretty way to earn TBT, but it’s legitimate. If I worked hard in each of the challenges to earn tickets or eggs, then I technically earned the collectibles that require the eggs or tickets. The reason why I tried to sell as soon as possibe in the past was because I was desperate to get to 10k TBT, but since I’m not as desperate to get up to 20k TBT, I’ll probably store the collectibles in my inventory and not sell them until the next AC game comes out. But if I do get the pinwheel, a Pokeball, a yellow letter, or a weird doll, I would sell right away, bringing me to my goal. So what’s next? 25k TBT? 30k TBT? Or even 100k TBT? Those are some very lofty goals, so I’ll focus on 20k TBT for now, but when I get there, I’ll set a new goal.
  • Art - art is the most profitable way to earn TBT, but I’m terrible at art. One thing I lack is patience. One thing you need to make art is patience. And when I made my art of my own mayor, the value was poor because it was more like a stick figure rather than real art. Even I don’t like my art. There are some things that we have better skill in than others. Math is my master, but art is one of the many things I can’t do. Maybe except my PowerPoint animations, but still not good at drawing. That’s why I don’t expect to be nominated in the art contests at the TBT Fair.
  • ACNL Items - even if I don’t plan on playing ACNL again, I do not want to sell any items I currently own in the town of MoonGlow. I wanted them, so I keep them. Flowers, I want them. Bells, even if I have millions, I want them. So I’m not giving them away.
  • Other Currencies - let’s forget about the real-world currencies, representatives of real-world currencies, and for-pay currencies. For stuff like Neopoints and Flight Rising treasure, I’m not a member of these sites, nor am I interested in them. I’m pretty much happy to stay here.
  • Pokémon - training Pokemon isn’t as hard, but the kind of Pokemon users are asking for aren’t as easy for me to get. I didn’t play Pokemon long enough, so I’ll probably stay out of the Pokemon market.
Making this much will be a challenge, but I hope to get there some day. And if I were to do so, I should try to limit my spending. I should refrain from buying collectibles, art, ACNL items, and Pokemon. I should also take a break from hosting giveaways and contests. Another thing I should do: Follow the rules. While using illegitimate means to get up there will nullify my entire TBT balance as a penalty, even breaking other rules will take off TBT. Each infraction costs 20 TBT, and getting banned will slow me down. That, and I do not want another infraction in my records. And like I said before, I only want to get up to my goals fairly and legitimately, whether or not it’s for the rules.

I’ll have fun working to the new goal.

Back