• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A Glitch?

useyourdrill

Giygas
Bells
I've had Rudy in my town since I started the game (on the release date), and he has given me ~10 of his picture. He gives them to me like they're a regular item! He trades them for my items or just sends them in the mail with a message like "I found this at the store for you". Only one of the pictures I got from April Fool's Day.
I was just curious if this was a glitch with Rudy, or maybe the jock personality type? He's the only villager I've ever had who has sent me more than one picture.
Does anyone else have a villager who does this?

I think you reached the max tier of friendship with him. That is when a villager starts to give out their pictures to you. I have gotten duplicate pictures from villagers before, not from April Fool's day but on other non-Holiday days.

As long as you're friends with them they keep giving you pictures. So if you keep up your relationship with him (do things for him and be nice to him like normal) he'll keep giving you pictures.

LOL i think he just really likes you. i haven't played for nearly as long, but i've gotten lots of multiples. mott has given me like 3 or 4, felicity 2, rudy 3, and my other villagers 1. he just loves you.

So they're supposed to keep giving you their picture? That would make sense.
I just thought it was odd because I've had Tom just as long (and Diana and Nan shortly after) and I've only been given 1 picture from each of them. I guess Rudy just REALLY likes me then! What a weirdo.
Thanks for the help guys. :p

My 2nd town finally stopped TTing and became a real town about 7 months ago.
Angus a cranky was the first to give me a picture and I lost count on picture count. It's pass 10. He did the same thing as Rudy.

Daisy was the hardest to get a picture from. Picked items she like, did all the tasks she asked and still waited along time.
That girl made me work.

They give you their pictures when you're at a high friendship level with them. I've gotten nine from Stitches. ^^

You have to keep doing villagers favors and talking to them a lot to keep the friendship level high. Give them perfect fruit when they ask for fruit and give them rare fish (like sharks) when they ask for fish. Then they'll be more likely to give you their picture again :p

Also if you don't talk to them for a while their friendship level goes back down and you have to become friends again before you can get their picture again.

After the first one I think the rate at which you start to get their picture really starts to accelerate, at least that's what I've heard from some people.

I got a few pictures from Bianca, Buck, and Ava when they were in my towns. They were my starting villagers and I did a lot of things for them, so I guess that's why they gave me more than one picture.

I never noticed how many pictures Whitney gave me until I went through my storage today. Didn't count, but at least 5 :rolleyes:

Also if you don't talk to them for a while their friendship level goes back down and you have to become friends again before you can get their picture again.

I do a one month jump to regrow grass every so often. My villagers are all angry, or shocked or concerned about me as you would expect. But friendship rebounds to high much faster than it took to get there initially. It must really take something to hit rock bottom with these guys once you befriend them. One or two usually hand me a pic within the week.

Back