A gentle reminder that your game isn't bugged~ You just have bad luck

Yeah, it's just bad RNG, the other day someone posted a chart (which I see is posted in the comments) on the percentage chance of getting meteor showers... it's freaking 1%. You need to be incredibly lucky on top of having good weather to get it, so you'll get it eventually even if it sucks that you haven't gotten one yet.

Very well said. It also extends to mystery island villagers and campsite visits.

Especially for Raymond since his mystery island odds are 1/805

Yeah, you can get so unlucky with assigned visitors. My brother had to wait for like a full month before getting Flick for the first time.

I feel like there was a glitch with redd in the beginning if you didn't talk to him that first day that he was roaming, but i'm honestly not sure - i TTed through that and then he wouldn't show up and people said it was a glitch. Other than that, yeah, your game isn't glitched.

Its funny I was just thinking about this then thread a gets make. Pretty much yea to everything said. It is unfortunate if the rng doesn’t work in your favor and it is good to understand it(and not to freak out that your game is glitched when it is not xD). I didn’t C.J. for the longest time but my friend already had him a few times 🤷‍♀️ XD

I feel like there was a glitch with redd in the beginning if you didn't talk to him that first day that he was roaming, but i'm honestly not sure - i TTed through that and then he wouldn't show up and people said it was a glitch. Other than that, yeah, your game isn't glitched.

This one is possibly true as I experienced it. To fix it you had to get your art from another player.

I play mostly at night from 10pm to 1am. I get a lot of meteor showers, but most of the time they come unannounced. Celeste comes twice a month more if I’m lucky. Isabelle has announced a meteor shower only once. I don’t think the game is bugged I just think that they mostly happen quietly so people aren’t aware of when they happen.

I've had quite a few dates for meteor showers while aggressively TT'ing, so I just write them down, and TT back when friends wanna farm wishes.

RNG is a cruel mistress to some.

what?! some people haven't had a meteor shower yet?
have these people been playing since launch? surely you should've had at least 5 by now if you have?

not to flex on you poor souls with seemingly abhorrent luck but damn. if anyone wants a wand I have tons I don't want leftover that I'd be happy to give for free
OK but are we absolutely sure my game isn’t...

1-super duper for realsies glitched

2- cursed by gremlins

3- under the remote control of Satan/Hatsune Miku/Tortimer’s ghost?

...because I haven’t seen Redd in three days. Leif says it’s because I’ve angered the saplings but that makes too much sense to be true.
read my sig... murphy and sullivan are heavy into games i swear, those evil irish twins... i'm one of those ones who's seen redd 2x the first day he shows and then a few days after that, haven't seen him since. i play a lot at night, meteor showers are a bit tricky, your villagers will mention one if it's coming, but you CAN catch falling stars pretty much every single clearish night usually in a pattern of 1/3/2 and might have to wait an hour for more it varies, just listen for the chimes. my RNG sucks and i know it, i think it's because i'm soulless and have to steal a soul for every freckle i have... my last wait was 2 1/2 weeks each for both cj and flick, i haven't seen celeste in over 2 weeks and it's been a week and a half since i've seen whisp, and as a bonus over 24 days between campers. meanwhile my hubby(who has a soul), gets no meteor showers, but redd, flick, cj, campers etc on a regular basis... lol.

I thought Celeste visited weekly even if there's no shower? Sometimes she spawns in weird spots though so it's good to look around each night.

I had a meteor shower once back in March and none since. I see a few shooting stars most clear nights though.

I also wonder if its more likely for some wandering visitors to appear than others (other than the guaranteed ones)? I've had Flick literally every single week haha, yet I haven't seen Redd once since his first visit. I guess its not the worst because there's somewhat of a demand for the bug statues..

Well, yeah. It doesn't help for understanding when people see 20% and think 1 in 5 chance. They then go and wonder why they haven't seen any campers in the last 2 weeks, because 6+ days at 20% chance means SURELY you should've seen a villager by 14 days, right? Because that's been more than 5!

(Not for you Bioness, but for anyone else who doesn't understand) 5 sided dice are kind of hard to get, so if you have a 6 sided dice, you can use that. Let's just pretend campers are actually at about 1 in 6 rate. Roll that dice once per day for 10 days and see if you get the number one. You might get a number one during that time. Or you might not, because luck says you keep getting 2, 5, and 6 mostly (for example).

That's how RNG is working. It is not saying "Oh, you got 3 today, so we will take number 3 out of the rotation." Nope, it rolls that invisible dice, with all numbers still available, every single day.

this is a great explanation for people who might not be fully understanding how the probability works in this game!
OK but are we absolutely sure my game isn’t...

1-super duper for realsies glitched

2- cursed by gremlins

3- under the remote control of Satan/Hatsune Miku/Tortimer’s ghost?

...because I haven’t seen Redd in three days. Leif says it’s because I’ve angered the saplings but that makes too much sense to be true.

Gremlins. I am absolutely sure it's gremlins.

This one is possibly true as I experienced it. To fix it you had to get your art from another player.
yeah, that's what i did. more recently since i hadn't had him in a while i tried doing it again and it didn't work, which clued me in to the fact that there weren't any glitches outside of that one lol

My villagers teleport everywhere or sometimes will get stuck when K.K. Slider is in front of the Town Hall, is that normal?

Thank you for making this thread. I'm desperate for a campsite villager, and I have no compatible amiibo...

Yep. It's a logical fallacy to apply statistical averages to individuals. Averages might give you an idea of how things will go on the individual level, but they cannot directly predict how things will go on the individual level. RNG gets weird when you isolate cases.

Oh geez Mello, that's terrible =( Did you try reaching out to Nintendo to see if they had any suggestions? Though I cannot imagine much could be done. If you play using a physical game cartridge, maybe you could try a different one?

Back