• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

--

If it's not intended, then tell me why time travelling has survived across CF, NL, and NH + however many patches NH has had.

Because since the first game, the core idea of Animal Crossing is to link the game with the real clock time, linking the game time with the console time is the most simple and effective way to do so, and to avoid pp from tt they always put some kind of punishment, turnip, red turnip in ww or weeds for example. It’s not a cheat but an exploit they never encourage ppl to tt as it not a part of the game play.

^ We've already went through this
I mean there's several posts below that describing why cheats and exploits are synonymous, but you do you I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Post automatically merged:

Because since the first game, the core idea of Animal Crossing is to link the game with the real clock time, linking the game time with the console time is the most simple and effective way to do so, and to avoid pp from tt they always put some kind of punishment, turnip, red turnip in ww or weeds for example. It’s not a cheat but an exploit they never encourage ppl to tt as it not a part of the game play.
See the above.

I mean there's several posts below that describing why cheats and exploits are synonymous, but you do you I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They are not as I clearly pointed out.
1587192506780.png

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/exploiting?s=t

See the above.
See what? I didn’t see any logical in your comments, just moaning the dev knew about this or that blah blah. They just want it to be more accessible that’s why they won’t patched it out as another way is to link the game with online server time, which will force everyone to connect to the internet while playing. And it isn’t a worth trade off.

i'm not against TTing, but I don't like doing it just to unlock stuff. I TT to open up plots for my dreamies, because otherwise I'd have to wait MONTHS to have all of them in my town, and i'd have passed up so many oppurtunities to get them. there are so many nice people in the animal crossing community who just wanted to make others happy and make themselves happy, why should anybody deny that and harass people for that??
i guess some people have a need for everyone to know that they are right and that everyone else is wrong. kinda disappointed that this happens in the community of such a wholesome game but i guess it's gonna happen no matter what

btw, mad respect for giving away villagers. that poetry marshal giveaway you did was super fun and all the entries were super fun to read, and i know i appreciated the chance at one of my dreamies :)

See what? I didn’t see any logical in your comments, just moaning the dev knew about this or that blah blah. They just want it to be more accessible that’s why they won’t patched it out as another way is to like the game with online server time, which will force everyone to connect to the internet while playing
Not really sure what you're getting at, but multiple people, including myself, have already articulated why cheating is synonymous with exploitation.

Someone posted earlier that this discussion is just going in circles; I have to agree on this one. This has more than run its course.

Not really sure what you're getting at, but multiple people, including myself, have already articulated why cheating is synonymous with exploitation.

Someone posted earlier that this discussion is just going in circles; I have to agree on this one. This has more than run its course.
Exploit is in the no way a synonym for cheating and anyone who says that is wrong. Idk where you are getting this information from (please citation needed) but they're clearly wrong. There's nothing to debate/argue about here

Exploit is in the no way a synonym for cheating and anyone who says that is wrong. Idk where you are getting this information from (please citation needed) but they're clearly wrong. There's nothing to debate/argue about here
Please leave my thread if you are going to argue and cause problems.

I didn't start this thread for arguments, accusations, or people trying to dictate to others how to play a game, because it's just a game. You cannot tell other people their opinions are wrong, just like yours are not. Opinions are just that. No two are alike, and every single one is valid. No matter how you look at it, everyone is going to play this game however they feel comfortable. I happen to enjoy cycling, I am too busy and impatient to wait a whole day for a villager to move out or for a bridge to be built. If I have a villager someone else will want more than I do, I will TT that villager out for them. What I do in my game is my issue, and you cannot scream unfair or foul for doing something different. I know this isn't an MMO, but the common "You don't pay my sub" rings out here in my mind. It's a commonly used reminder that people do things differently, no one way is right. No one way is wrong. As long as someone is happy with their gameplay, then nothing anyone says or does will change that. That is just human nature.

I just wanted to understand why someone got angry at me on Reddit for being a single week ahead on my main island and wanted to understand why this was considered cheating. (They also were mad I was in Autumn, but I'm in the Southern Hemisphere so that's not something I can help.) I left for work and came home to this being out of control. I had no idea this was such a hot button topic, being that last time I played NL I just played with my friends and we all TT'd.

Now then. I hope this gets buried quickly, my alerts were out of control.

Telling someone exploting is not cheating isn't about opinion, It's fact. It's as if I told you the sky was blue. Im not trying to argue with anyone. You asked why people see it as cheating and you got your response.

I suggest you lock the thread to stop the posts from coming in. I've been reading this thread quietly and I think it pretty much devolved into people going in circles with this.
I don't know if self-locking is possible on the general subforums, but requesting a lock isn't a bad idea.

I suggest you lock the thread to stop the posts from coming in. I've been reading this thread quietly and I think it pretty much devolved into people going in circles with this.
I can't. I went to do so before work but did not have the option so I reported it and requested it be closed.

Telling someone exploting is not cheating isn't about opinion, It's fact. It's as if I told you the sky was blue. Im not trying to argue with anyone. You asked why people see it as cheating and you got your response.
Please leave if you are going to be combative, mate. That's not in the spirit of this community or game.

I can't. I went to do so before work but did not have the option so I reported it and requested it be closed.

Here's how you do it, go to the 1st page of the thread and find three dots next to "watch". Like this:

2awpqmh.png

Then you can self-lock.

I don't know if self-locking is possible on the general subforums, but requesting a lock isn't a bad idea.

Hmm. Now you mentioned it, I never tried on the general subforum. Perhaps I could be wrong...

Edit: Yes, you can't lock on the general subforum. My bad oops.

I apologize of that's what I have come off. As I've already said, I don't want to argue and I'm pretty tired of people taking each other out of context.

I apologize of that's what I have come off as.
It's okay, no worries. I just don't want fighting over this. It's not worth the agony or stress. I just want the arguments to stop, because they solve nothing. You actually get people to listen better by listening yourself, I've learnt. People are more willing to listen to someone who listens to them.

I think the only thing available is messaging a mod/reporting

Back