3DS price drop, free games for early adopters!

i was about to flip out because you have to visit the eshop to get the ambassador perks.

good thing you got on that. grats.

I'm sort of worried here....

I got my second 3DS repaired due to the same glitches of my first one which I returned, and I just recieved the repaired one two days ago.

Although my apps have been removed (which is all right because they were just free game preview videos), I'm not sure if I'm still registered in the 3DS stuff....help?

I'm sort of worried here....

I got my second 3DS repaired due to the same glitches of my first one which I returned, and I just recieved the repaired one two days ago.

Although my apps have been removed (which is all right because they were just free game preview videos), I'm not sure if I'm still registered in the 3DS stuff....help?
Is your serial number the same?

And may I ask what "glitches" your were experiencing?

Is your serial number the same?

And may I ask what "glitches" your were experiencing?

Thank GOD my warranty still qualified, or else I would've payed $117 for nothing.

The glitches include:

- A quick flash of grey on both screens when it starts up.

- The power button has to be pressed 2 or 3 times in order to turn on.

- Microphone does not work; the animations at the top move when I blow, but then the spinning on them weakens, and stops. The mic works in the Microphone Tests, strangely. The mic does not work on games that require it.

I think I have more, but don't have them at the moment.

I also think the e-Shop has something to do with it, because I remeber the mic and stuff working and there were no problems. I re-downloaded the e-Shop on the new one, but then an hour later when I went back on it, the glitches arrived.

I'm pretty sure that the spinning animation fades away and stop on every 3DS.

Thank GOD my warranty still qualified, or else I would've payed $117 for nothing.

The glitches include:

- A quick flash of grey on both screens when it starts up.

- The power button has to be pressed 2 or 3 times in order to turn on.

- Microphone does not work; the animations at the top move when I blow, but then the spinning on them weakens, and stops. The mic works in the Microphone Tests, strangely. The mic does not work on games that require it.

I think I have more, but don't have them at the moment.

I also think the e-Shop has something to do with it, because I remeber the mic and stuff working and there were no problems. I re-downloaded the e-Shop on the new one, but then an hour later when I went back on it, the glitches arrived.

All of those things are normal, as far as I know. There is a kind of weird flash on the screens sometimes when you first turn it on. Your microphone should be working fine, don't use the spinning Home screen icons as a test for your microphone, lol. And I never really turn off and on my system, so I'm not sure about the turning on thing, but I think my 3DS has done that before, too. (Why are you turning your 3DS off and on, anyway? It's meant to be left on in Sleep Mode, not turned off.)

I'm pretty sure that the spinning animation fades away and stop on every 3DS.

Originally whenever I got my newer 3DS dues to the glitches, the animations spinning worked perfectly fine, and it wouldn't stop.

I just thought it seemed suspicious. I'll just play it meanwhile for the next few months and see if anyone dosen't have these problems.

All of those things are normal, as far as I know. There is a kind of weird flash on the screens sometimes when you first turn it on. Your microphone should be working fine, don't use the spinning Home screen icons as a test for your microphone, lol. And I never really turn off and on my system, so I'm not sure about the turning on thing, but I think my 3DS has done that before, too. (Why are you turning your 3DS off and on, anyway? It's meant to be left on in Sleep Mode, not turned off.)

(Sorry for the double post, forgot to multi-quote.)

I don't test my microphone on the Home screen. I do it at the actual test, then see if it works on the Home screen.

Also, to be curious, why would the 3DS need to be in Sleep Mode when you're not going to use it for the next day? Sure, it dosen't take away all off the battery quickly, but why would I require it on?

(Sorry for the double post, forgot to multi-quote.)

I don't test my microphone on the Home screen. I do it at the actual test, then see if it works on the Home screen.

Also, to be curious, why would the 3DS need to be in Sleep Mode when you're not going to use it for the next day? Sure, it dosen't take away all off the battery quickly, but why would I require it on?
Well, you said it was working in the actually test, right? So nothing to worry about.

And you should keep your 3DS turned on because you can't use StreetPass or SpotPass, or earn Play Coins and track your steps while your 3DS is off. It's designed to be left on at all times. The only time I ever turn mine off is if I need to remove the SD card (because it tells you to turn the system off before removing it).

i've used it a few times to count my steps, and will leave it on in the cradle.. but i think i need to start leaving it off when i'm not playing it, as i have concerns for the battery.

however...

i've used it a few times to count my steps, and will leave it on in the cradle.. but i think i need to start leaving it off when i'm not playing it, as i have concerns for the battery.

however...
I use my 3DS literally every single day, always on, and I don't have any problems with it at all. I just stick it on the charge cradle whenever I'm not using it, and it never dies on me. Don't worry about battery life, you should be fine if you use the charge cradle.

Back