• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

20 minutes of Happy home designer footage!

This makes me even more excited about this game. At first, I thought I would not want the game at all. Watching the video, it looks like a fun game with a different spin on it :)

when i first heard about this game i had already made up my mind that i wasnt going to get it but after the e3 trailer and this game im totally all in and im get the nfc reader and im buying the cards. im so excited for this hurry up september

It’s ironic… These are the creative features I've always wanted. A ‘free-world’ Animal Crossing with the control to customize and move things around. But, unfortunately, with this new creative freedom, it looks like you’re stuck as a Nook employee with no home of your own to build. All this customization and awesome placement options are limited to other villagers homes.

It also looks like you cannot roam around this town going in and out of those cool weather patterns (and it doesn't look like there is any kind of cohesive town interaction where everyone talks with or about each other). In my opinion, they gave us all the freedoms that we wanted and tons of new features (control villagers, free range house placement, place trees and stuff anywhere, decoration, new public places, etc.), but they took away the ownership of the town itself. I guess we cannot have both.

I don’t know why they just couldn't release an ACNL sequel (or update) with these great new features added. I want the same ACNL game, but with creative ‘god-mode’ control – no silly game limitations and quests (or at least make a creative mode optional). With this new release, they tease with the options we always wanted, but in a very different AC world where you are just a designer, but cannot live in or appreciate the town that you've created.

I love just walking around my pristine town aimlessly as I interact with other villagers and walking on the beach – it’s very relaxing. In HHD, it looks like there is a lot of scene switching as you're limited to popping in and out of houses as you work on them and it looks like you can only roam around the upper portion of the main street area (or whatever they are calling it).

Hopefully I am wrong, but this is what I've gathered from watching this video. :(

Last edited:
I hope the game will offer a free-roam mode, but since the game comes out next month in Japan it seems like the game is nearly finished, if not finished already? I hope there could be SOME freedom with the game.

Let's face it, this is a side game to, in a way, test these new features. We were not due a full game this year. I believe that most of these features, such as more autonomy over our villagers etc will become available in the next incarnation of AC.

It’s ironic… These are the creative features I've always wanted. A ‘free-world’ Animal Crossing with the control to customize and move things around. But, unfortunately, with this new creative freedom, it looks like you’re stuck as a Nook employee with no home of your own to build. All this customization and awesome placement options are limited to other villagers homes.

It also looks like you cannot roam around this town going in and out of those cool weather patterns (and it doesn't look like there is any kind of cohesive town interaction where everyone talks with or about each other). In my opinion, they gave us all the freedoms that we wanted and tons of new features (control villagers, free range house placement, place trees and stuff anywhere, decoration, new public places, etc.), but they took away the ownership of the town itself. I guess we cannot have both.

I don’t know why they just couldn't release an ACNL sequel (or update) with these great new features added. I want the same ACNL game, but with creative ‘god-mode’ control – no silly game limitations and quests (or at least make a creative mode optional). With this new release, they tease with the options we always wanted, but in a very different AC world where you are just a designer, but cannot live in or appreciate the town that you've created.

I love just walking around my pristine town aimlessly as I interact with other villagers and walking on the beach – it’s very relaxing. In HHD, it looks like there is a lot of scene switching as you're limited to popping in and out of houses as you work on them and it looks like you can only roam around the upper portion of the main street area (or whatever they are calling it).

Hopefully I am wrong, but this is what I've gathered from watching this video. :(

This is exactly my thoughts too. I'll probably still buy it, despite what it seems to be limited to.

Back