• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia 1984 Mafia: TOWN WINS!

Finally, some reads. (Hopefully more coherent than my last ones.)

EnderWiggin
You posts, much like Dad's, scare the crap out of me because they're so calm & generally well thought-out and organized. I can never tell if you're scum or not. :p

Anyways, attempting to see past that: Nothing since D1 that you've posted has thrown up flags for me. The whole You/Endless/Slammint thing made me suspicious for a bit, but since you've explained your reasoning for that and Slammint flipped red, I think it's more evidence that you're town than anything else. Other than that, eh. Don't really have a whole lot to say about you (at least that I can think of right now).

SarasaKat
From what I can see, you've been asking tons and tons of questions, making it look like you're helpful town trying to gather evidence, but offering little information in return. On top of that, a fair few of your posts are only defending yourself or imparting mafia wisdom/rules. But you have a few good read posts & one in particular where you mention that the mafia team is probably an experienced played coupled with a new player. While I agree with you that this is likely, I also don't want to take this as word and ignore my suspicions on the newer people or mislynch a bunch of town and I feel like you're trying to establish it as law when that's not the case. If you manage to lynch both Ender & I, mafia will likely win as it'll be two new members v.s. you (that assuming there's no other KP - if there is mafia will likely win even sooner). Basically volunteering yourself to be lynched also threw up major red flags for me - trying to be a martyr to make yourself look town just makes you look scummier in my opinion.

Also, the thing with Trojan. Maybe it's just because I never really saw the scumminess in them in the first place, but the sheer amount you pushed on them with the 'practically confirmed mafian' stuff is another red flag to me.

Went back & looked at meme mafia more closely and the resemblance isn't as strong as I thought it was, so that point's not really relevant.

Honestly, the final straw was your last post about me - knowing you outside of mafia, it kind of threw me for a loop that you'd say something like that. :( The only way it makes sense in my brain is if you're getting salty over something (i.e. mafia getting lynched). But obviously that point is pretty biased.

Overall, I realize my points aren't the strongest, but in the end, you're the person I'm most suspicious of so I'm voting for you.

Trojan
Strong town-read since no one's CC'd (counter-claimed) them for the vigilante role. Also, looking back at their posts, they line up quite nicely - asked how to use a role before the PM to Rune asking how to submit kills (which, while weird, wouldn't make sense if they were mafia - wouldn't they just ask their scum pal(s)?) and suspected Kat & Slammint D1.

Panda1376
Town-read. I'm actually really impressed with them so far. They've been posting frequently and while their ideas aren't always fully explained and a bit all over the map, they're fairly solid and they've been asking good questions.

Call me Daniel
Honestly can't get a good read on them, mostly because they've given nothing but gut feels. First of all, you couldn't explain why you thought Kat was scum, it was just a feeling. You didn't vote for Kat D1 based on this, which is a good sign, but you also didn't vote at all, which screams avoidance. Appreciated your opinion post - a bit weak and again, based more on feelings than on evidence, but I liked the effort nonetheless. Then you went on to answer Kat's questions in the same way. "They don't seem like the kind of person to do _____.... they seem like they have experience..." What I really want to see from you is updated reads with evidence to back up your gut feels.

Another word of advice - saying stuff like this:
woaahhhh I'm not mafia! Or am I ;).
Is generally a huge no-no. I get that it's a joke, but when people don't know your play-style yet, and also take the game seriously, it's easy to misinterpret.

Bloobloop
Has only posted twice, both times in response to my question about lynching Kat that didn't give a whole lot of information. Interestingly enough, though, they voted for Kat again today without any explanation. Null, but I wouldn't be totally surprised if they're a mafian who has no clue what to do now that they've lost their partner, so they're lying low and following the bandwagon.
Edit before posting: Welp, then they posted this:
Is it bad that I love that no one can tell who I am? :p
Um, yeah, that's bad. You want people to think you're town. Having people questioning your role is definitely not a good thing. Now I'm thinking you're a third party or something.

Not sure how I feel about whether or not there is a third party. On the one hand, it's alluded to in the OP and it would balance out the town-sidedness a bit, on the other hand, if there is an SK or something of the like, unless a kill was doubled-up last night, they didn't send in their kill.

Hopefully that also answers any questions I was asked yesterday - If not, just ask again and I?ll answer.

I'm feeling like this is getting a bit personal. >< Just because you're sick and you're still active, that's your choice. I'm never going to argue that you should post even while sick, because I know how it can be.

I'm sorry you're ill though. ><
Hey man, it's alright :) I'm just not having the best of days right now in general, so that probably seeped through. Sorry about that ^^"

@Whole experienced player thing Woah woah since when did I say I wanted Ender lynched? Considering how Slammint scum-read Ender for no real reason, I'm willing to see him as town unless you (and/or maybe Daniel if Ender's observations are to be trusted) flip town. Too bad the last mafian left is probably GF - it'd be really nice to have some cop insight on this.

We have 3 lynches left. I'm guessing I'm going to be the one for today. If Ender is indeed mafia, then gg man. You played well. But I'm bound to think that it's either LaBelle or Daniel at that point, so if those two get lynched, it should be gg. I did like that reply LaBelle had, though, so Daniel would make sense, but I can't quite let go of that possibility.

I'm just going to go ahead and say that I'm Winston Smith. Never have been that good at being just a plain townie.

Winston Smith was the main character of the books. I'm sorry but that just makes me more sure of you being mafia.

(Hope your days get better. I know all too well how horrible days can effect online interaction.)

He is? Lmao that's actually kinda ironic. Surprised that name wasn't tied to cop or some **** then.

If someone else has that name, feel free to claim so.

(Thanks. I'm probably going to head off to bed soon after this **** ton of HW/probably watch some more Worlds).

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait, just realized that Slammint kinda pushed hard for Daniel scum too. Augh, I don't really know how to feel about him.

So you're only voting for Sarasa because everyone else is?

Why does everyone seem innocent?

(I know you're confirmed town. This is mostly me trying to make you think about things rather than take the easy route. : > It'll help you in the long run to think about things and get your mental motors moving.)

Finally, some reads. (Hopefully more coherent than my last ones.)

SarasaKat
From what I can see, you've been asking tons and tons of questions, making it look like you're helpful town trying to gather evidence, but offering little information in return. On top of that, a fair few of your posts are only defending yourself or imparting mafia wisdom/rules. But you have a few good read posts & one in particular where you mention that the mafia team is probably an experienced played coupled with a new player. While I agree with you that this is likely, I also don't want to take this as word and ignore my suspicions on the newer people or mislynch a bunch of town and I feel like you're trying to establish it as law when that's not the case. If you manage to lynch both Ender & I, mafia will likely win as it'll be two new members v.s. you (that assuming there's no other KP - if there is mafia will likely win even sooner). Basically volunteering yourself to be lynched also threw up major red flags for me - trying to be a martyr to make yourself look town just makes you look scummier in my opinion.

Also, the thing with Trojan. Maybe it's just because I never really saw the scumminess in them in the first place, but the sheer amount you pushed on them with the 'practically confirmed mafian' stuff is another red flag to me.

Went back & looked at meme mafia more closely and the resemblance isn't as strong as I thought it was, so that point's not really relevant.

Honestly, the final straw was your last post about me - knowing you outside of mafia, it kind of threw me for a loop that you'd say something like that. :( The only way it makes sense in my brain is if you're getting salty over something (i.e. mafia getting lynched). But obviously that point is pretty biased.

Overall, I realize my points aren't the strongest, but in the end, you're the person I'm most suspicious of so I'm voting for you.

and some of the things Ender was saying really make a good point as to you being mafia...

Where's Daniel been? He's been awful quiet today.

Oh sorry, classes started this week and it's been exams and exams so I've been studying and maintains my giveaway. I see your being lynched soon.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well it's pretty obvious that it's down to LaBelle or me for mafia. My death would confirm someone else (LaBelle) as mafian, and I think a townie life for a mafian life is well worth the trade. And if LaBelle is actually town, then it'd look like I was the mafian, which I'd rather just off myself and prevent the confusion than for us to waste a day lynching me.

Hopefully that answers your question. I'd rather not die, if possible, but if me living is detrimental, I'd rather not live.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think we have the win in the bag though, unless mafia somehow gains another KP. We have two MLs to burn, which means we have three mislynches before mafia wins. There's only two potential people for the last mafian.

This feels almost too town-sided. I don't like it. Do you guys think a cult is possible in this game?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yo Trojan, I know it's kind of a moot point as of now, but I'd like to know what you thought that I was suspicious back at the beginning of N1.
From reading this I see that you barely try to defend yourself in being mafia or the fact that your, bring blunt, the one that is going to be lynched soon. If you were not mafia I think you would try defending yourself, but your basically admitting defeat.

You even state that if you would rather off yourself then waste a lynch, seeming that you honestly don't care about being dead.

To me, you seem as if your embracing your defeat, which a Mafian would do. Perhaps if you were trying to defend yourself I would believe your innocent, but it doesn't seem like you are.

Sorry Sarsa but I voted for you, hope we talk casually in the near future, it was fun playing with you.

Indeed I am. I defended myself and apparently it's not enough so I'm just making peace with it.

Daniel, what's your opinion on my lynch?

Dat ninja

I defended myself - what else do you want me to do? Throw out accusations that I don't believe in? Defending myself is just about all I can do.

Indeed I am. I defended myself and apparently it's not enough so I'm just making peace with it.

Daniel, what's your opinion on my lynch?
I believe that a true innocent person would keep trying to defend yourself, but you just being at peace appears to me as forfeiting, if you aren't mafia, I need to go back to the drawing board on who the Mafians are.

I see why people are lynching you, and you always were the most suspicious to me. Last time I didn't vote because I didn't have a certain person I thought it would be so I didn't vote. But this time your the most suspicious person in my eyes.

No, I'm not mafia. Im a townie, like I said earlier.

Kinda looking forward to Ender's responce once I get lynched lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

How did I not defend myself?

Back