• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

10th Anniversary

jvgsjeff

Bells
Winter Mittens
Cake
Animal Crossing: City Folk was released 10 years ago today, November 16, 2008. Anyone checking up on their old towns for the occasion? I still play the game once a week or so, but this is a good time to look back and remember some of the good times I've had in the game. It was my first online Animal Crossing experience, and even though the game certainly has its flaws, it will always be special to me. It might even be the game I've spent the most time playing; I remember lots of Wi-Fi sessions that went deeeeep into the night back in the day. Lots of good memories in ACCF. Happy 10th anniversary!

I had to delete my file when transferring data to my WiiU, as I left my Wii behind when moving.
I intended to start over so it's fine, I may pick it up again one day.

10 years, wow, time passed fast. I spent lots of time in this game, especially to get enough bells
to buy all of Gracie's items, as I really wanted them all back then. Even if City Folk (or Let's go to
the City as it's called where I live) is not my all-time favorite Animal Crossing game, it's still a nice
game. Since I don't have a Wii anymore as well as the game, I can't play it. But I remember that
my last town was quite nice and I had cool villagers. So yeah... Happy 10th anniversary, City Folk!

I unfortunately don't play my original CF town anymore, though I do still have it. The terrible grass deterioration and lack of constant care has left the town a desert full of weeds. I could put the time and effort into making it look nice again, but at this point I don't feel like dealing with the grass, and I see the town as sort of a reminder of my childhood.

I just started a new town on my new Wii a few days ago, and I've been taking good care of it so far. It's a lot of fun! It's a bit more tedious than New Leaf but still fun. :)

I remember buying this game in 2008 when it was a brand new experience. It's kind of hard to believe it's 10 years old now. Unfortunately I don't have my old town anymore, but I might try starting a new town one of these days.

CF is the only AC game I still play. On the 10th anniversary I held a big party to celebrate, and I had fun doing various activities with friends.

I also plan on having a New Year?s party tonight. I will continue to play CF until whenever the Switch game releases.

CF is the only AC game I still play. On the 10th anniversary I held a big party to celebrate, and I had fun doing various activities with friends.

I also plan on having a New Year’s party tonight. I will continue to play CF until whenever the Switch game releases.

Wow, not even NL? I can't believe that it's been 10 years since this released though.

TRime flies

In NL I accomplished everything. It is no longer fun.

I still have some things left to do in CF, and it’s the latest home console AC game, hence why I still play.

Back