Sky Clouds Scenery
Sky Clouds Scenery
Orange Hybrid Rose
Gold Hybrid Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Hey!

I know a lot of people know of the reset trick, but we still get a lot of people questioning how to do it or simply getting confused - so I put together a very quick tutorial on how to do it. I recorded the voiceover after the visuals, so in a couple of places the screen is black where I'm adding in extra information. I apologise for this, but I'm sure you'll agree that the extra information is useful!

edit: I'm aware there's two minutes of silence at the end. working on trimming it.

Last edited:
When remaking, you should mention that the villagers that move in will all be the same personality and it usually choses from a personality that you don't currently have in your town (not always) If the personality that is showing up is not one you are after then save as the new character when no plot appears and TT to the next day (Or wait) And repeat the reset process :)

Last edited:
I was in the process of re-filming when you posted (I think) but I did mention about the personality types. :) I didn't mention about TT'ing to the next day though. :x However, it's definitely more complete than before.

Also, the video has now been updated. :)

Thank you so much Tina! I was originally ignoring all the instructions to this but after i realized it doesn't involve time traveling, i got super excited. I'll be definitely doing this tomorrow when i have a free spot

whereiskellie - that's my favourite thing about it; it doesn't involving TT'ing at all. :D Good luck with it!

bootie101 - I'm glad you found it helpful. :)

thank you for this, i had been a bit confused in the campsite trick thinking you had to TT to 5:58 am everyday to get a different villager

by the way, i like your voice :D

Thanks for clearing this up! I didn't even know you could change campsite villagers, but it makes sense.
Thank you for taking the time to do this!

That's really helpful thanks! I'll definitely try it out. :) But, the only thing I don't understand is, when do you have to do the trick for new villagers moving in? I mean, can you do it when you open your game in the morning and there is already a new house plot? So then you just close the game without saving and then you do create a new character and the plot is somewhere else?
Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I don't really know how to explain it, I hope you understand what I'm asking :s

mon-chou-crossing - you need to do it before playing your mayor (or any other characters you have created). Once you load your character for the day the game saves automatically regardless of when you reset.

mon-chou-crossing - you need to do it before playing your mayor (or any other characters you have created). Once you load your character for the day the game saves automatically regardless of when you reset.

Well that would have been nice to of known 10 minuets ago. I just found a roped off plot for a villiger I hate with my secondary character and reset but its still there. I don't think that's fair because I checked with a new character before I started my day and it wasn't there until I logged in with my secondary. Then it showed up.
:( went from liking everyone in my town to hating all of them.

Well that would have been nice to of known 10 minuets ago. I just found a roped off plot for a villiger I hate with my secondary character and reset but its still there. I don't think that's fair because I checked with a new character before I started my day and it wasn't there until I logged in with my secondary. Then it showed up.
:( went from liking everyone in my town to hating all of them.

If there's no plot but you're expecting a new character then you should save with the new character (then delete them after). That way there will be no chance of one spawning when you load your mayor. :)

Loved the video! I want your voice. *-*

Quick question on the villager plot trick because I'm stupid and I need to clear something up. cx

Lets say I loaded my second character up and found a villager I wanted, but they were in a terrible spot. Is there any way that I could keep the villager but move the plot other than resetting multiple times until I found them again?

If there's no plot but you're expecting a new character then you should save with the new character (then delete them after). That way there will be no chance of one spawning when you load your mayor. :)

It's so complicated to get everything right until you've done it a bunch of times!
I just wish there was a way I could revert back to a older save :(

I've known how to do the reset trick for a long time, but this video is really helpful for those who don't understand!
I didn't know about campers not respawning though, thank you!

Loved the video! I want your voice. *-*

Quick question on the villager plot trick because I'm stupid and I need to clear something up. cx

Lets say I loaded my second character up and found a villager I wanted, but they were in a terrible spot. Is there any way that I could keep the villager but move the plot other than resetting multiple times until I found them again?

Afraid not, unless the villager has come from another town or (has been asked to move in from) the campsite. If you reset enough times, the villager will show up again. Actually, while creating that video Sylvia showed up two times in a row. :p It's just random.

It's so complicated to get everything right until you've done it a bunch of times!
I just wish there was a way I could revert back to a older save :(

Don't we all wish that sometimes. :(

ACK, but how do you know when there is a new villager? ;~;

You guess. At the start of the game, a villager is likely to show up every two days. After that it's just using logic to try and work it out. To be safe, you could always create a new character everyday - but that can get tedious.

ACK, but how do you know when there is a new villager? ;~;

You can't, unless you memorize a bunch of patterns. Otherwise, if you don't want to go through math and science, it's best to just go through the Rover sequence. I heard the "It's a secret" lines will keep the sequence shorter, so try that one instead.

Back