• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How to make signatures?

Aurora

Old School Member
Bells
I've seen SO many cute signatures with little pixel versions of the villagers, I'm wondering if anyone can show me how to make something like that or a website I can use?

I also love the way you did yours! Mind if I try!? How did you get those awesome borders BTW??

Hee hee thanks! :D

And yeah sure! ^^

And I just used rounded rectangles and added a stroke outline to each, nothing fancy :p

You can use either paint or Photoshop :3
Just try not to stretch out the pixels, and align them next to each other. Some of the pixels might come out with different color backgrounds (I have no idea why that happens to me) but you can easily just use the magic wand or white painbucket to clear that out.

If anybody still doesn't know how to make them I'd be happy to make one for you..

You can use either paint or Photoshop :3
Just try not to stretch out the pixels, and align them next to each other. Some of the pixels might come out with different color backgrounds (I have no idea why that happens to me) but you can easily just use the magic wand or white painbucket to clear that out.

If anybody still doesn't know how to make them I'd be happy to make one for you..

Aw id love you to make me one xD
Because then afterwards i can just edit it myself as villagers move out, by pasting them on top and changing the text :p

If anyone else is having trouble I'd be happy to help as well. Just tell me what the color of the border you want is, and your current and dream villagers and other specifications! Just PM me!

If anyone else is having trouble I'd be happy to help as well. Just tell me what the color of the border you want is, and your current and dream villagers and other specifications! Just PM me!

Going to pm you in a bit. :D

For the curved Rectangles in Photoshop just click and hold on the rectangle/circle etc tool (under the Text and Path selection tool)
It will come up a list at the side, click on curved rectangle tool, pick your colour and draw your rectangle :) To add the stroke click on 'Layer' then 'Layer style' and click on 'stroke' from there you can change the colour and width of the stroke, easy! :D

Also the little villager sprites look nicer if you leave them at their current size, to use the sprites open them up in Photoshop and click on 'Image' then 'Mode' and change it to 'RGB'. This will then allow you to drag and drop the sprite onto your other image using the 'move tool'

Hope this helps everyone to make their own custom designs ^^

If anyone needs any more assistance with creating signatures on Photoshop pop me a message and I should be able to help :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also be sure to save your image as 'PNG' if you want it to be transparent ^^
(Save a copy of the PSD file for easy editing when you need to add/remove villagers etc ;) )

Back