• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

BROKEN 3DS... NEED TO TRANSFER MY SAVE FILE

Keith500

Bells
So my 3ds has a cracked screen so im buying a new one but how do I get my animal crossing game (digital version) and save file over to my new 3ds. Ive heard doing the 3ds transfer thing wont work as when youve transfered your stuff over to the new console and downloaded animal crossing again it make you start a new save file.

How would I do it so I keep my saved game! :(

Maybe you should do the method where you move your SD Card to the other system?

I dont think that works, im fairly sure it still asks you for a new save only when you log onto the game again. That's what I read on this forum before I think. I just need confirmation before I go and spend all the money on a new console.

Here is what I did:
1. Put your SD card into your computer, and move all the folders on it to a safe place in "Documents". This isn't required, but it's just in case anything goes wrong. Make sure you don't delete those folders on the actual SD card though. =P
2. Put your SD card back into your old 3DS.
3. Perform the system transfer between your old and new 3DS. This transfers the 3DS data, and not any game data, digital or physical copy. This will take a little under an hour to do.
4. After that is complete, make sure both 3DS systems are turned off. Then put the SD card from your old 3DS into your new one, and all your games you downloaded should be there!

If you need any help, you can send me a VM or a PM. ^^

Okay so that will make sure my games are on the new 3DS but importantly will my Animal crossing save file still be there as Ive heard that it forces you to create a new save file after transferring your sd card over?

I'm curious about this too... :O I mean I might have to switch 3DS' at some point too since they don't last forever.

Hopefully somone will answer, I honestly am under the impression its not possible and the only way would be to send both old and new consoles to Nintendo but that would take like 2 weeks and ruin your animal crossing game anyway as you would miss so much.

Does the cracked screen still show images? The 3DS has a transfer option where you can transfer all your data from one 3DS to another.

The save file is still there, don't worry. Everything is saved on the SD card. That's why when you take the SD card out of your 3DS, you can't play AC or any games you've downloaded.

The save file is still there, don't worry. Everything is saved on the SD card. That's why when you take the SD card out of your 3DS, you can't play AC or any games you've downloaded.

I think he's just worried because someone was talking about how they did a system transfer and they were forced to make a new file anyway. @_@ But I don't know how their process went so... I have no clue if she/he did it right or not.

I think he's just worried because someone was talking about how they did a system transfer and they were forced to make a new file anyway. @_@ But I don't know how their process went so... I have no clue if she/he did it right or not.

They probably used the SD card that came with their new 3DS. :s This process is very confusing, but it worked perfectly for me. :)

Sabby, did you have a digital copy of ACNL that you needed to transfer to another 3DS, and the save data as well as the game file itself transferred without problem? If so, could you share the steps you followed to get the transfer to occur smoothly?

I can confirm it worked, I just got my new white 3ds XL and followed the steps and Im able to play my animal crossing game perfectly.

Your luck finally let me buy the XL I've been wanting. I've been afraid that I wouldn't be able to upgrade. :blush:

Edit: which for the record, worked perfectly.

Back