• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Midnight Release Party!

I'm getting the physical copy for a few reasons:

1.) im too worried about wiping my SD card by accident
2.) scared of data corruption (What can go wrong will go wrong)
3.) i cannot fathom paying the exact same price for a digital copy that you cannot hold in hands with plastic and cost materials (the things to make the card) then the physical copy. If the digital was cheaper then yes i would have downloaded it, but the same price and i can understand why a physical copy would cost because of packaging materials and stuff then a digital copy.

Too nervous something will go wrong with a download, so I'm going physical. Plus, I've never played AC before, so I'm worried I won't like it & I'd want to sell it... but I feel like I'm going to really, really love this game.

I'm getting the physical copy for a few reasons as well. Firstly I collect games, I like to have the original releases in a hard copy form, proudly on display in my game collection. Also, me and my friends are all going out to get it together. There is just something in that, which is more enjoyable than hanging out at our houses waiting for the copies to finish downloading. I have no experience with the E-Shop other than demos, if it's true that it's not linked to your account but the hardware, that is even more reason to not purchase a download in my opinion.

i have lost many many animal crossing games...i had to buy the 1 for gamecube once and i bought wild world twice and my friend also lost hers and had to buy it again...so shes getting the digital and im happy it comes on the bundle...plus for me its always there...and if something goes wrong or yada yada, i have a nice folder and files on my computer of receipts and product codes for any of my games digitally...plus i keep the email record. things do happen

I will be so getting this add midnight here my code 3737-9628-7112 please add me if you wish and let me know if you did so i can add you

hey its almost time here is my fc 0490-5345-1908 add me hope to see you in game and we can trade fruit

If the stores are all sold out of the physical copies (which I doubt because I'm going super early) I will download the game. I can't wait though! Were all ready to turn our new leaves and start fresh.

In pre ordering tomorrow from GAME so hopefully ill get it Thursday woo! I despise you guys from America right now! Hehe have fun guys!

So,will any of you be joining me in downloading the game as soon as the clock strikes midnight? Unfortunately, I'm in Europe so I'll have to wait until June 14th, but the excitement is still there!

If you're not downloading, is there a reason for this? Do you not trust downloads? Or just prefer hard copies?

Next Release: June 9th - North America.

Discuss! :lemon:

I feel bad for you...all of you who have to wait, I believe you are awesome because you have patience! :)

So,will any of you be joining me in downloading the game as soon as the clock strikes midnight? Unfortunately, I'm in Europe so I'll have to wait until June 14th, but the excitement is still there!

If you're not downloading, is there a reason for this? Do you not trust downloads? Or just prefer hard copies?

Next Release: June 9th - North America.

Discuss! :lemon:

The collector part of me wants the physical copy of games. I only buy digital if that's the only way to get the game.

There's also the fact that digital copies can go away. I have some games and DLC I bought on the Xbox 360 that are no longer available on the marketplace. This means I can't re-download if I ever need to. If I lose my own digital copies, it's gone forever. I can't even rebuy it. I don't like that.

Good thing about physical copy is that if you can't find your 3DS, you can still find the game card...unless the game card was inside the 3DS, then you've lost both.
I still like physical copy more, something to hold/collect makes it special :blush:

I'm getting a physical copy because I trust it more, I want the booklet, and I've had it preordered since the 3ds came out. Also I'd rather not start this game when it's all dark and such. I'm going to get up super early and force my mom to dive me to GameStop so I can buy it right away.

Omfg ME TOOOOOOO add me my FC on my.thingy not sig but on my a I thig.>_<

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm getting a physical copy because I trust it more, I want the booklet, and I've had it preordered since the 3ds came out. Also I'd rather not start this game when it's all dark and such. I'm going to get up super early and force my mom to dive me to GameStop so I can buy it right away.

Omfg ME TOOOOOOO add me my FC on my.thingy not sig but on my a I thig.>_<

I'm one of those that prefer to get the physical copy of the game. I just like having a cartridge in hand. =)

By 14th of June I'll have the bundle, on which the game is pre-installed, so I'll have a digital copy. The reason why I (besides the cute 3DS design) want this, is because I want to have the game with me at all times. Animal Crossing is THE game that relaxes me when I'm stressed (which is quite often) & because the game is the same as irl time. :)

Back