• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask The Staff: Non site-related questions!

Just a small question;

How do you pick who the mods should be?
Do you just look at the forums and say; "wow, they're a nice person!"
Or do you do it differently?

Also, who were the original mod(s)?
Just curious, haha.

I'm really, really sorry if this was asked before.
Thanks.

You were cursed by a spell, you have to choose which Fruit to be for a week, would you choose to be a Pear or a Mango?
I like mango flavor more, so I guess stuck as a Mango.

Any of yall ever seen shows like Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, etc.?
Grew up watch those three plus Angry Beavers, Dexter's Laboratory, Pokemon, etc. I'm really looking forward to the Hey Arnold and Rocko's Modern Life movies.

How many of you actually watched that "pregegnant" video and actually enjoyed it?
If you mean this video, I got a few laughs from it. I've been enjoying similar things thanks to the My Brother, My Brother and Me podcast.

What's your favourite genre of movie? personally I like horrors and romantics.
Scifi mostly. Most of the movies I see are generally superhero flicks or star wars.

Tell me the story of how you joined the TBT staff.
I woke up one morning locked in Jeremy's basement, chained to a computer desk and then told at gunpoint to mod.

Ok... do you have a job other than being in the TBT staff?
Retail, online order fulfillment. Other than its spent learning IT.

Have you ever watched one of the Silence of the lambs trilogy movies?
Nope.

How are you all doing today? Is life going well? Hope you feel good
I have not been sleeping and life has been busy, so in the grand scale I guess I'm doing okay.

My question is, would you admins all class eachother as friends?
I wouldn't say best friends, especially since I'm not a chatty fellow, but I would definitely confide in a few of em.

This makes me very jealous. Boring questions:

-What's your favourite part of TBT?
-What's your favourite pet (sorry if already asked)
-Why do the staff have all these casual names, like "Jake", "Tom", "Peter"..... are you SURE they were the first to get those names?
- The community, I've met a lot of people through TBT that I would consider good and maybe even lifelong friends here.
- Kind of pet or pet pet? Because its difficult to pick a single pet.
- Fun fact: My first TBT username was Tom the Warrior before I shortened it.

any of the staff listen to and/or enjoy tylers new album??
Tyler the Creator? I haven't, but I've been kind interesting in listening to his and Frank Ocean's stuff.

Favourite movie?
Favourite TV show?
Favourite anime?
What's your favourite idea?
Favourite colour?
Hi? <valid question
How are you?

You were cursed by a spell, you have to choose which Fruit to be for a week, would you choose to be a Pear or a Mango?

Pears taste marginally better than mangos. So pear.

Any of yall ever seen shows like Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, etc.?

Rugrats was my favourite show as a kid. Collected the magazine, watched the show obsessively, had numerous figurines, saw the movies in cinema (Rugrats in Paris I saw twice because the first Shrek film was meant to be released on my birthday, but it was delayed a month, so we just saw Rugrats again instead). The other two shows you've listed I didn't like as much.

What's your favourite genre of movie? personally I like horrors and romantics.

Horror. Gore, physiological, ghosts, vampires - I'll watch all except zombies (they bore me). Dolls are probably my number one favourite. I shot a psychological horror film featuring dolls in 2015 starring a member on here as the titular character, Emily, and a number of other users (including one of our sages LaBelleFleur) contributed as voice actors.

Tell me the story of how you joined the TBT staff.

I joined the staff as a moderator in July 2014 after applying in I believe the June. I remember waking up to a message from Justin saying "Hey check TBT when you get this." After three years I recently switched role to project staff due to a lack of free time.

Just a small question;

Just curious, haha.

Thanks.

We advertise that we are looking for new staff, users apply through an application link, and then we have a very long discussion about who we think would be best for the role.

Favourite movie?
Favourite TV show?
Favourite anime?
Favourite colour?
Hi? <valid question
How are you?

Battle Royale or Antiviral.
I watch way too much TV to have a favourite. I binge watch The Big Bang Theory on a regular basis though.
Death Note or Strawberry Panic!
Not sure what you mean by "idea".
Pink or white.
Hi!
Tired. Just climbed into bed.

Last edited:
I swear, Is there a single mod during the night time here Pacific time? I accidently got into a flame war last night because I couldn't shut my mouth about this female early thread bumping (mini-modding) She deleted all her info and avatar, for some reason.

I swear, Is there a single mod during the night time here Pacific time? I accidently got into a flame war last night because I couldn't shut my mouth about this female early thread bumping (mini-modding) She deleted all her info and avatar, for some reason.

This thread is actually for personal questions for the staff, so please use our private Contact the Staff board if you have issues with another user.

Thanks!

Battle Royale or Antiviral.
I watch way too much TV to have a favourite. I binge watch The Big Bang Theory on a regular basis though.
Death Note or Strawberry Panic!
Not sure what you mean by "idea".
Pink or white.
Hi!
Tired. Just climbed into bed.
Oh my yas! Hey Tina, it's been a while.
The Big Bang Theory is a good show. Imma binge watch it, like you do.
DEATH NOTE!:D
It was a reference to Don't Hug Me I'm Scared.
I like pink: it's very diverse.
Hey!
I'm in bed too- it's 10:21pm here.

Favourite movie?
Favourite TV show?
Favourite anime?
Favourite colour?
Hi? <valid question
How are you?

Missed this somehow!

Most of my favorite movies are a little too dark in content to post, so I'll say my childhood favorites like Jurassic Park, The Breakfast Club, The Karate Kid (the original, not that horrendous Jayden Smith garbage), and The Shawshank Redemption.

Rarely watch TV but thoroughly enjoy The Walking Dead.

Don't watch anime.

Idea... as in?

Charcoal grey and deep purple/mahogany.

I question the validity of your question.

Oh, I'm doing pretty well. A bit stressed out about my current tenants moving out and others moving in and the lack of time I have to manage everything properly, but I'll probably survive the ordeal so it's all good. :blush:

Missed this somehow!

Most of my favorite movies are a little too dark in content to post, so I'll say my childhood favorites like Jurassic Park, The Breakfast Club, The Karate Kid (the original, not that horrendous Jayden Smith garbage), and The Shawshank Redemption.

Rarely watch TV but thoroughly enjoy The Walking Dead.

Don't watch anime.

Idea... as in?

Charcoal grey and deep purple/mahogany.

I question the validity of your question.

Oh, I'm doing pretty well. A bit stressed out about my current tenants moving out and others moving in and the lack of time I have to manage everything properly, but I'll probably survive the ordeal so it's all good. :blush:

DOn't worry about missing it, you're only human after all... I think.
Oh my, I used to love Jurassic Park. I was literally obsessed.
I only watched the first 4 seasons because, honestly, I completely forgot about it. Is it still worth watching?
That's fine.
It was a reference.
They're an interesting combination of light waves.
Deep Purple are an English rock band formed in Hertford in 1968. <Sorry, I just searched 'deep purple' into google because I was sure that I'd heard of a band called Deep Purple- I was right.
How dare you question it! D<
That's good :)
I hope it all goes well ;)

Favourite movie?
Favourite TV show?
Favourite anime?
Favourite colour?
Hi? <valid question
How are you?

I rarely watch movies since I prefer to read, but I love Eddie Murphy movies and classic film noir c:

I uhhh haven't really followed any TV show in years so I don't have a favourite *hangs head in shame*

Puella Magi Madoka Magica, the art style is super gorgeous.

Sliced bread is still the greatest idea.

Blue is love, blue is life.

Hey! How are you?
9RpdL7e.png

Tired. Work has been busy and I'm a bit burnt out from all of the website and email designs I've been doing lately :p Hoping I can take some time off from work later this year/early next year, especially when my kitten arrives so I can spend some time with him ♥

---

Love your signature btw, it's adorable!

I rarely watch movies since I prefer to read, but I love Eddie Murphy movies and classic film noir c:

I uhhh haven't really followed any TV show in years so I don't have a favourite *hangs head in shame*

Puella Magi Madoka Magica, the art style is super gorgeous.

Sliced bread is still the greatest idea.

Blue is love, blue is life.

Hey! How are you?
9RpdL7e.png

Tired. Work has been busy and I'm a bit burnt out from all of the website and email designs I've been doing lately :p Hoping I can take some time off from work later this year/early next year, especially when my kitten arrives so I can spend some time with him ♥

---

Love your signature btw, it's adorable!

YES! Someone else on the internet actually reads!
Sliced bread? I laughed TOO hard at that...
Blue is the sea, Blue is the sky! It's also a light wave.
Hi, I'm fine thanks. Why haven't I seen you before?
Everyone is tired. I feel sorry for you having to be so busy though, I hope it's worth it. Ooh, a kitten? That's exciting, we need to see it when it arrives!
Heh, thanks ^~^

any of the staff listen to and/or enjoy tylers new album??
No

Just a small question;

Just curious, haha.

Thanks.
We all make a list of our favorite members who we have a huge bias for, then we put them into a hat and pull out names.

Favourite movie?
Favourite TV show?
Favourite anime?
Favourite colour?
Hi? <valid question
How are you?
Not a fan of movies but I'm just going to say Harry Potter because I enjoy the series/lore, and it's the only movie series I actually marathon each year.
Desperate Housewives and Glee until they ended
Pokemon
Our idea for picking new staff is pretty neat
Blue, black, yellow and pink are nice

Not a fan of movies but I'm just going to say Harry Potter because I enjoy the series/lore, and it's the only movie series I actually marathon each year.
Desperate Housewives and Glee until they ended
Pokemon
Our idea for picking new staff is pretty neat
Blue, black, yellow and pink are nice
Heh, that's cool, I went to the Warner Bros Studios our in London last month :blush:
OHMYGOSHYESPOKEMON!:p
Haha, I guess so...
True, they are. But to be honest, I don't really like black until it's combined with another colour like red or blue.
What about my valid question and my question about how you are? Eh, it' fine, like you said, you're busyyyyyyyy...

So technically, every staff member is a bee. That's what you are now: The Bees.

Why is Jake so oddly hilarious? and, what kinds of things do you wear? like dresses, jeans etc

Why is Jake so oddly hilarious? and, what kinds of things do you wear? like dresses, jeans etc

Idk I'll ask my mom and wait for her response

awGmUci.jpg

As for clothing, I hate long pants so I always wear shorts, if I get cold I'll put on leg warmers. Usually wear boots or runners, with a long sleeve top, currently liking turtle necks. I'm also a fan of athleisure. I call my personal style ghetto chic.

Back