• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I found a better spot for my camp site! Now I feel like a silly for getting mad

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Okay so I've been complaining about not being able to build my campsite where I wanted because of Cranston. Well on a whim, I decided to play around with areas for my campsite. And I settled here just on a whim.

26166533_386880378420906_2029492155526785547_n.jpg

This is actually in a better spot than where I was planning on putting it. I was going to put the campsite a bit more inward (where Cranston's house is but forward a little bit) so I can place trees around it but there is a bridge right behind Cranston's house. So that would look really stupid, a random camp site right in front of the bridge so it's off the right to the bridge and it will look a lot better than I thought. I'll update my DA so people can come see. I even have a nice camp fire right in front of it, although I have to move it over. Only thing I don't like about this spot is I can't place trees around it because it's two tiles away from the cliff, but I can still put trees behind it.

Anywho, just updating you all. I'm still irritated with this game but I'm no longer wanting to choke it to death or have the urge to restart and I still don't like Cranston, and I'm STILL going to take a break from this game but not the month's long break I was going to take.

TL;DR: I found a better place for my camp site, Cranston is still annoying, I"m not as angry as I was before anymore and I'm still taking a little break from this, and I feel like a big silly.

And I just want to say thanks to all the people on here who are tolerant of my random rant threads. Most forums would be like 'Oh she's whining again like a 5 year old' but you guys aren't like that, so I thank you for that. I'll seriously try to stop complaining so much because when it comes down to it, it IS just a game.

Last edited:
Hey that's awesome! I'm glad that you're feeling less angry now, and I definitely understand the struggle of having a house where you're planning on placing something as important as the campsite.
I think that it will look really cute with the bonfire in front of it!

And don't feel silly for getting upset! I am a huge control freak when it comes to town planning and all so every now and then something won't go as planned (I'm talking to you villager house plots) and I'll snap and get really pissed.

We all have been there at least once haha :)

Last edited:
Thank you. Yeah, it can get really irritating, and for someone like who is easily, and I mean EASILY frustrated, I can easily forget that it's just a game and it's not meant to be taken seriously. And playing a game like this, that's not supposed to be frustrating, tells you that I take things way too seriously. I make rant threads for crying out loud. Over a video game about build a town!

I like that bonfire spot to. I just need to move it over a smidge. Cranston's house is just in the way of me putting a bench but since Katt still hasn't suggested the log bench, I'm going to try not to sweat it too much. Key word; Try.

I visited your dream town!

I think your town is quite lovely.

But I did think it?s funny that you have a picture of Cranston in your house lol :)

Keep up the good work!

I visited your dream town!

I think your town is quite lovely.

But I did think it’s funny that you have a picture of Cranston in your house lol :)

Keep up the good work!

Thank you. :)

I haven't updated it yet. I'm doing that right now. Yeah, it's ironic that Cranston is my least favorite villager in this game but yet he's the only villager in this game whose picture I have.

I've been playing in Ossipri for 4 months and for a habitual resetter like me, I'm proud that I made it this far, that's why I'm not letting myself restart just because I'm bored, or irritated and want someone to move. I just need to find ways to keep myself entertained or figure out a way to work around a obstacle in town, because I'll never know, where I want to build something might actually look better in a different spot than where I wanted to put it before. This post is a good example of that.

Last edited:
Thank you. :)

I haven't updated it yet. I'm doing that right now. Yeah, it's ironic that Cranston is my least favorite villager in this game but yet he's the only villager in this game whose picture I have.

I've been playing in Ossipri for 4 months and for a habitual resetter like me, I'm proud that I made it this far, that's why I'm not letting myself restart just because I'm bored, or irritated and want someone to move. I just need to find ways to keep myself entertained or figure out a way to work around a obstacle in town, because I'll never know, where I want to build something might actually look better in a different spot than where I wanted to put it before. This post is a good example of that.

Yeah I figured you had not updated yet, but I wanted to see your town.

I can see where the campsite will be - it?s s nice location - I hope you really like it.

Have you let other villagers move in and out after Cranston? I was just wondering, because I know if he was the last to move in he won't ping to move.

Don't feel bad about getting upset over the details. I love my town to be a certain way so I've spent many hours plot resetting and pulling my hair out because I forgot a villager was moving in that day. Luckily now I have amiibo cards and time travel but I know you don't TT and don't have your cards just yet.

Building a town is a lot of work! I'm glad you were able to find a good spot for your campsite!

Yeah I figured you had not updated yet, but I wanted to see your town.

I can see where the campsite will be - it’s s nice location - I hope you really like it.

Thank you. I'm happy with the location now. I logged off the game before I started overthinking it although i'm reconsidering the bon fire location. I might move it to the other side of my path and put it in front of a bench I'm going to build when Cranston moves.

Have you let other villagers move in and out after Cranston? I was just wondering, because I know if he was the last to move in he won't ping to move.

Don't feel bad about getting upset over the details. I love my town to be a certain way so I've spent many hours plot resetting and pulling my hair out because I forgot a villager was moving in that day. Luckily now I have amiibo cards and time travel but I know you don't TT and don't have your cards just yet.

Building a town is a lot of work! I'm glad you were able to find a good spot for your campsite!

Cranston was one of my starter villagers and he's been planted in that location for 4 months and not once pinged for a move out. That's what doesn't make sense. Villagers that moved in after him and other starters (3 even left my town) have pinged me to leave.

Thank you. Yeah, this game can become a bit ridiculous sometimes with the way it places villagers or never letting them ping to move. They made us the unwilling mayor but we don't have any power at all if you think about it. I just feel bad because I keep making rant threads, burdening people on here with my problems with this game, problems that aren't even all that serious -_-

Last edited:
LOLOL After all the threads, after all the posts in the Rant Thread, and after all that time XD.

LOLOL After all the threads, after all the posts in the Rant Thread, and after all that time XD.

Hey, ranting helps. at least it does for me. XD

Watch, Cranston is going to ping me to move now. Because that's just what happens when you're me. The game knows. It's going to be like "Well she found a way to work around this villager and she's no longer annoyed by his location, let's go ahead and move him out now.' LOL

Back