• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Question about 16 villager cycle and amiibo!

SoraDeathEater

Sora Miura
Bells
Switch
7297-4636-2109
Tasty Cake
Mailbox
I know you can bypass the cycle by inviting an amiibo, but what I?m curious/wondering is: would the 16 cycle still count if let?s say I have an amiibo-invited villager that is moving would someone else who currently going through the 16 cycle be able to bypass it as well?
Example:
Villager A moved out of my town on accident, but I haven't cycled 16 yet. I really want him back (he's one of my dreamies), and I heard that you can bypass the 16 villager cycle with an amiibo card. The only problem is that I don't know if that still works if you're adopting an amiibo-invited villager from another town.

A user asked me this since I have the amiibo card for the desired Villager but they are currently cycling.. does it still apply? (I haven?t really played much since the new update so I?m still pretty new to the whole update.)

I believe that method won't work. You must cycle through at least 16 villagers, or else it won't work. An option of ignoring the cycling rule is that you personally have to scan in the villager via Wisp. I've had somebody that previously lost Chief, and has not went through the cycle. I've scanned Chief in for them and moving in to their town wasn't an option. I'm not 100% sure but that's with somebody's experience. Hope this helps! :)

Back