• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why am I so terrible at this game

UnderWish

Bells
Lobo
Jack
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Mint
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
I have run into THREE dung beetles and scared off EVERY ONE OF THEM.
Im seriously bad. I can't.

Don't worry, this happens to me too so many times. Especially when I'm on the island and try to catch
the rare bugs like the golden stag or the horned hercules, I can't count how many of them I scared off,
even when I sneaked. The best way to catch bugs is walking slow and/or sneaking. Make also sure that
your character is standing in the right position, so that you don't miss the bug with your net. Good luck!

it just takes practice! dung beetles are especially tough 'cause you can also scare them by touching the snowball. you weren't tough on yourself when you couldn't walk after the first three attempts, so it ain't anything to worry about.

I can't catch a bagworm. I've shaken out plenty of them, but when I try to get them with my net they just swing away laughing and vanish back into the tree. But yeah, I get it. Bug catching is not something I do unless I need to. Just can't seem to get the hang of it very well.

Its only defined as bad, if you set your goals like that. Instead make goals like "I'm gonna visit all my villagers before they go to sleep each night" which you know are a lot of work, but you can actually achieve.

I have played the games for many years and never finished the fish or the bug collections, but I would still say I'm very successful overall at the games. Mostly because my town looks super finished

I can't catch a bagworm. I've shaken out plenty of them, but when I try to get them with my net they just swing away laughing and vanish back into the tree. But yeah, I get it. Bug catching is not something I do unless I need to. Just can't seem to get the hang of it very well.

Do you shake trees while having the net equipped? Also, the bagworm stays in the tree for a while after it vanishes.

Do you shake trees while having the net equipped? Also, the bagworm stays in the tree for a while after it vanishes.

Yes, and I've tried to net them from a couple of different angles. Lost another one just a little bit ago. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

You can't be terrible at New Leaf, it's too open ended. So don't be hard on yourself.
I'd just build a lot of snowballs and keep trying, and make sure you're sneaking up on them slowly. Some insects are just a lot harder to catch than others. Heck, I had to use a guide to show me how to catch bells, and I got stung so many times before actually catching one.
You'll get this!

This happens to me all the time! Also I don't think you can be bad at New Leaf??? This does not register into my brain xD

Back