• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anyone else obsess over matching mayor and town names?

I always give my mayor my own name and make her look like me. I'd like to get creative, but my town names tend not to fit around a theme that I can match a name too, and I've also become attached to the face & hair I always give my mayor :)

I think it's cool to do and I actually kinda wanna do so with all my characters but I can't really think of anything lmao. So I guess instead of limiting myself I'll just use whatever name I feel like. :D

I usually just use names of characters and places from something I like. I haven't even thought of matching names. Maybe if I decide on making a fourth town, I might do it.

Me, my town is named Titanic. My mayor is Rose and the second character is name Jack. I even googled for the birthdate of the real Rose.

I don't particularly need then to match. I do however like that with both of my towns the mayor's name and town name have the same amount of letters. Just makes them look nicer together:

Aerin of Salem
Bray of Valo

But that's really all I care about.

Not really. I usually just use Sheila and then come up with a cool name I guess. Like if I had to match names it'd be weird and force imo.

Well I have four towns, and I guess I just liked the idea of having a matching mayor and town name for one of them. *shrugs* But turns out it just makes me super weird. Nothing new there, lol.

It's definitely something I think about, I like for the town name and mayor name to at least sound decent together, even when they don't really have a "connection." My main town name and mayor name do have a connection though, Estel from Citalune. Estel is French for star and lune is French for moon :) I don't often use my real name because it's pretty common and I like the feeling of creating a character.

I haven't thought too much about it? I usually try to pick a town name I don't mind staring with the possible added bonus that it will be versatile enough that it will fit a few themes I have in mind at the time of creation.

Back