Anyone else obsess over matching mayor and town names?

I always give my mayor my own name and make her look like me. I'd like to get creative, but my town names tend not to fit around a theme that I can match a name too, and I've also become attached to the face & hair I always give my mayor :)

I think it's cool to do and I actually kinda wanna do so with all my characters but I can't really think of anything lmao. So I guess instead of limiting myself I'll just use whatever name I feel like. :D

I usually just use names of characters and places from something I like. I haven't even thought of matching names. Maybe if I decide on making a fourth town, I might do it.

Me, my town is named Titanic. My mayor is Rose and the second character is name Jack. I even googled for the birthdate of the real Rose.

I don't particularly need then to match. I do however like that with both of my towns the mayor's name and town name have the same amount of letters. Just makes them look nicer together:

Aerin of Salem
Bray of Valo

But that's really all I care about.

Not really. I usually just use Sheila and then come up with a cool name I guess. Like if I had to match names it'd be weird and force imo.

Well I have four towns, and I guess I just liked the idea of having a matching mayor and town name for one of them. *shrugs* But turns out it just makes me super weird. Nothing new there, lol.

It's definitely something I think about, I like for the town name and mayor name to at least sound decent together, even when they don't really have a "connection." My main town name and mayor name do have a connection though, Estel from Citalune. Estel is French for star and lune is French for moon :) I don't often use my real name because it's pretty common and I like the feeling of creating a character.

I haven't thought too much about it? I usually try to pick a town name I don't mind staring with the possible added bonus that it will be versatile enough that it will fit a few themes I have in mind at the time of creation.

Back