• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Finally had my first encounter with a WA villager pinging to move.

meo

Bells
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Dobie was moved in on December 26th of 2016 lol. He just pinged today to move.
So, for anyone that doubts they'll ever ping,...lol..just might take you nine months or more but it'll happen. o_O

Yeah, it's great that they can be adopted by people who don't have their cards :) I don't blame you for keeping Dobie, he has such a cool design!

i love dobie i totally understand why he's forever hehe
but also! i heard a hypothesis that amiibos only ping to move if you have a large (i guess 5+) amount of amiibo villagers in town- just to test out this theory hehe, how many amiibo villagers did you have when he pinged?

i love dobie i totally understand why he's forever hehe
but also! i heard a hypothesis that amiibos only ping to move if you have a large (i guess 5+) amount of amiibo villagers in town- just to test out this theory hehe, how many amiibo villagers did you have when he pinged?

Welp technically with this town...it is majority all amiibos and has been for most of that time lol...But for WA returning characters it's only 3 (dobie, stella, vivian). Molly, bill, skye, carmen, katt...were all by card as well. Only Alfonso and Lobo aren't card currently and, as you can guess, generally are the only two to ping.
So, I don't know that majority being amiibo really changed much unless if they have to be majority WA returning character amiibos.

Last edited:
Back