• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Mafia: Endgame MAFIA WINS

I am acting town because I am town. Well , it's such a massive effort because I love my .... and !!! , and its in my nature to !!! and ....

destructoid-logo.png

I *bzzt* AM TOWN AND I *bzzt* AM NOT MAF *clank* BECAUSE MY DATA OUTPUT *creak* DOES NOT CONSIST OF THE VALUES "!!!" and "..."

I find it weird these two have used almost the same language as a comment on what Dad is trying to achieve with them personally. Surely if that was Dad's intention as mafia he'd be trying to get on town's good side as a whole, not a personal thing? The similarities in the posts above just strike me as two people who've been having a conversation, as they never mentioned each other, only said similar things.

That's where I was coming from when I commented on it. If you're town, why do you need to put such a massive effort into not acting how you act when you're scum....?

If we were scum together and had a conversation about that then surely we would have made sure our posts weren't too similar. Right?

If we were scum together and had a conversation about that then surely we would have made sure our posts weren't too similar. Right?

zendel, you shoulda checked with me before posting that

kappppppaaaaaa don't lynch meh

So instead you'd spend the time comparing posts with one another just to make sure there aren't any similarities? Unlikely. The post and language used were uncannily similar to me.

I find it weird these two have used almost the same language as a comment on what Dad is trying to achieve with them personally. Surely if that was Dad's intention as mafia he'd be trying to get on town's good side as a whole, not a personal thing? The similarities in the posts above just strike me as two people who've been having a conversation, as they never mentioned each other, only said similar things.

That being said, even though I townread Evan at the moment based on the emotion of their very quickly posted reaction to me being telling of what I know about how innocent people behave when accused, this observation is pretty noteworthy and blew past me a little bit. It's worth further investigation.

I am acting town because I am town. Well , it's such a massive effort because I love my .... and !!! , and its in my nature to !!! and ....

It's just weird that you've suddenly stopped doing it, which indicates you're editing your thoughts before posting them, and also felt the need to point it out at the end of your first active post of the game (that you're actually providing reads in).

It's just weird that you've suddenly stopped doing it, which indicates you're editing your thoughts before posting them, and also felt the need to point it out at the end of your first active post of the game (that you're actually providing reads in).

it's not more like feeling the need to point it out but I was made self aware of my !!! and ... and it is not good to be be meta-read based on the number of !!! and ... I post (just in case..someone is gonna make a case against me).

So instead you'd spend the time comparing posts with one another just to make sure there aren't any similarities? Unlikely. The post and language used were uncannily similar to me.

If I were scum I wouldn't do that but I would make sure I read someone for different reasons to make sure people didn't see my reasoning similar to my scum mates reasoning for feeling a certain way about someone, to prevent others from making a connection like you're doing now, although there is no connection because I'm not scum but I don't know if I can say the same for Evan.

It's only tunneling when you're completely blind to looking at anyone else. You can still back someone into a corner and try and put pressure on them and still pay attention to other people. I'm standing by my impression that you are my most solid townread because I need to have some if I'm going to build reads on other people based on how they act towards my townread. Which is actually what I was doing with Dolby when I made that heel-turn post that suddenly defended you after questioning you, so I'm kinda confused at why people are reading a potential Dad/Dolby team here.

That makes sense. I tend to be pretty paranoid day 1 (well any day tbh) and so I feel it's good to note potential teams and/or what I think may be going on. So I can't entirely dismiss a pocket and/or a team with you and dolby. The reason I put you on a potential team is because you were agreeable with me, Dolby was immediately confrontational with me, and then around the same time you both became agreeable with me. There might be some level of coordination going on behind the scenes there.

Re: Zendel and my phrasing. Trolling aside we had similar phrasing, yes. And I think it's prudent to tuck that away in the back of your mind, keeping all possibilities open, after all. But I would like to think I'd be doing a much better job of making sure my phraseology couldn't be construed as a potential team indicative thing if I was really scumbuddies with Zendel. I've been discussing the idea of a dad/dolby team and him pocketing me for a while before my post in question, I think it's just freak coincidence zendel and I used similar wording at a similar time.

Alright so my original plan was to post reads on everyone that's been posting but with my apparent time constraints that no longer seems like the greatest idea. so I'll give a couple now and make another more detailed post tonight or tomorrow.

Dad: I am having a hell of a time trying to read this guy. He's been putting a lot of pressure on me but I honestly think it makes sense to see what happens when I'm put on the spot and if I cave considering I'm inexperienced. The fact that he's putting so much pressure on me kinda gives me an instant kneejerk reaction but putting aside personal feelings and looking at the facts I think he's genuinely trying to help. I'll give him a very minor town lean for now.

Dolby: Dolby's been contributing per the usual but I've gotten a few bad vibes from him. his instant attack on Karen as soon as the game started over something that was very obviously a joke gave me a kinda bad taste. I'm going to leave him as neutral for now and am definitely looking into him more.

Zendel: Zendel's been very defensive since the start but then again so have I. I've been trying to read into them to try and understand if it was being justly angry at being accused or being defensive as a cover-up but I'm not sure enough to lean one way or the other.

These aren't really reads so much as they're just me speculating since two of them are neutral but these are the impressions I have so far.

- - - Post Merge - - -

that horrible yellow color is impossible to read sorry

This is more wishy-washy filler. Townlean against me just seems like somebody who is trying to come off as levelheaded by townreading the person that is so intensely against them and thus hoping to come off as pro-town. The Dolby read is a repeat of what others have criticized him of. I have mixed feelings on it myself. Dolby got the ball rolling against me in the last game I was in over some silly meta trend that he could easily accuse me of yet again in this game, but he was town when he did. But then again it could have been more straightforward this time around. He's not that easily read. Anyways, point is here, this specific null read on Dolby of all people seems to only be done because he was one of the first few people who had activity of substance.

Same goes with Zendel in that null read. Cleb's short exchange against him over being defensive was also one of the first exchanges of substance in the game.

So both of these null reads seem easily chosen. My opinion on Aron hasn't changed due to these 'speculations'.

My point is: I would be a lot smarter than that.

You posted that before Evan did, maybe you would be smarter, but would he? I'm not sure where I stand on either you or Evan right now, I just thought, and still think, that the similarities in those posts were worth noting as it's uncanny.

it's not more like feeling the need to point it out but I was made self aware of my !!! and ... and it is not good to be be meta-read based on the number of !!! and ... I post (just in case..someone is gonna make a case against me).

nobody's making a case on you, we're all just pointing out how odd it is for you to be saying that from the perspective of town!bianca. It makes sense if it's scum!bianca trying to cover her ass ;)

but there's other eels to fillet here. (tired of saying "fish to fry," overused metaphor imo, lol)

both of these null reads seem easily chosen. My opinion on Aron hasn't changed due to these 'speculations'.

I mean, you did give me time constraints and pressured me into posting my reads early. so yes, it is indeed wishy-washy filler. that's all I had to give you at the time.

why tf is the formatting going crazy, the quote is dad's not mine lol

It happened to me when I was quoting you as well. I was replying with quote of a post where you had Fleshy's quote so it probably got confused into the autoformat. That's probably what's happening although it's never really done that with me before on tbt.

You posted that before Evan did, maybe you would be smarter, but would he? I'm not sure where I stand on either you or Evan right now, I just thought, and still think, that the similarities in those posts were worth noting as it's uncanny.

actually we posted at nearly the same time with similar phrasing again, lmao

Yeah it's definitely worth noting, I don't blame you for that, and my one game as scum on here shows I suck as scum, but especially on day 1 scum Zendel/Evan would probably be hella distancing

Back