Mafia The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Mafia: Endgame MAFIA WINS

Adding more scumlean points for Aronthaer's defense being an attempted read at me for just focusing on asking one person.

I feel like I probably shouldn't comment on this, but I honestly wasn't trying to read you. As I said, I'm not an experienced mafia player and didn't understand the reasoning behind the play. I agreed that it was a good idea when I had it explained to me if you remember. I'm pretty neutral on you right now but I do think that at this phase you're genuinely trying to be helpful. that's just a gut feeling though.

I'm not going to keep defending my earlier posts because that just continues the chain but I do agree with Zendel when he said that I should put more effort in when I'm active instead of making excuses as to why I'm not. I have a few reads but I'd rather wait until I have more compelling arguments to start posting them.

Also the only thing Aron has said after I called him out on the excuse making was excuses for his excuse making, another post about how he has only played one game here and most people don't have experience with him (that must be why I'm misunderstanding the excuse making!), and then the 'quick question' post against me I just pointed out. And another post if he has ninja'd this ebwop.

@Dad, in my lunch period, but I disagree an bit with #254, mainly dealing with Aron. First of all, I do not believe that Evan should get credit for the Aron reaction because it's obviously a joke. However, Aron is actually setting off the "new scum" alarm bells in my head, particularly with caving in #237, though I still contend that it looks bad for him. as for the Evan/Zendal interaction, still looks iffy, but reading again, I think I missed an few intermediate post (also, I've looked through the filters like 4 times and I still don't know where that third quote in your post was from), which does make me feel somewhat better about him

Unrelated, but Dan/Kermit appear committed to not taking the game seriously, so I'm not gonna focus on them

I feel like I probably shouldn't comment on this

Wait hold up. Why not? Because you're afraid whatever you may say next might be scumread? If you're really town you'd be concerned about dad's pressure on you and would not have any qualms about responding.

(I hate beating up on a new player, but scumhunting > being nice to newbies)

- - - Post Merge - - -

also lowkey paranoid that dad is pocketing me, and dolby backtracking on me (albeit for legitimate reason) could be further indication of a dad/dolbs team

Furthermore I really hope that if the vote goes aron, it's not a chick 2.0 situation where a newer town player acts scummy

Aaaand there's the ninja to my ebwop lol (referring to post #261 below).

But anyways, in this first paragraph:

I feel like I probably shouldn't comment on this, but I honestly wasn't trying to read you. As I said, I'm not an experienced mafia player and didn't understand the reasoning behind the play. I agreed that it was a good idea when I had it explained to me if you remember. I'm pretty neutral on you right now but I do think that at this phase you're genuinely trying to be helpful. that's just a gut feeling though.

The first three sentences of this paragraph I'm kinda confused about, but in general, they seem like a defense that isn't explained in full. What is 'the play' and 'it' you're referring to here? Additionally, the last sentence of this paragraph seems really wishy-washy and a quick back-off on me after you made that ridiculous 'quick question' post that, again, seems more against me than seeing me as helpful.

I'm not going to keep defending my earlier posts because that just continues the chain but I do agree with Zendel when he said that I should put more effort in when I'm active instead of making excuses as to why I'm not. I have a few reads but I'd rather wait until I have more compelling arguments to start posting them.

Because you really can't defend it beyond saying the excuse making isn't the nervous verbal-tic slip I'm reading it as but it's just you being talkative. And that's that. I stick by that first impression and don't accept this defense.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY

I want to hear your reads. Now. You have no good reason not to provide your reads on who you can now because you are struggling to do anything beyond the chain we're keeping up right now and a small comment on Zendel. If you don't provide these reads you obviously seem to have right now I'm gonna just go ahead and vote you.

Wait hold up. Why not? Because you're afraid whatever you may say next might be scumread? If you're really town you'd be concerned about dad's pressure on you and would not have any qualms about responding.

(I hate beating up on a new player, but scumhunting > being nice to newbies)

Well, because every post that's been made against me is about me being defensive. and I feel kinda stuck because if I try to defend myself aren't I just getting even more defensive about it? also because I feel like every post I've made has been about me and that I'm not really contributing anything of value. My main focus right now is trying to judge player's actions and contribute to discussion, but if anyone has any accusations towards me I kinda get stuck because every single post I've made so far has added to the overly defensive mafia thing that's being thrown at me.

@Dad, in my lunch period, but I disagree an bit with #254, mainly dealing with Aron. First of all, I do not believe that Evan should get credit for the Aron reaction because it's obviously a joke. However, Aron is actually setting off the "new scum" alarm bells in my head, particularly with caving in #237, though I still contend that it looks bad for him. as for the Evan/Zendal interaction, still looks iffy, but reading again, I think I missed an few intermediate post (also, I've looked through the filters like 4 times and I still don't know where that third quote in your post was from), which does make me feel somewhat better about him

Unrelated, but Dan/Kermit appear committed to not taking the game seriously, so I'm not gonna focus on them

I thought your focus on Karen was in part based on meta of them appearing to not take the game seriously in a game where they were scum? I'll read into that game to make sure I'm not confused by what you were pointing out there, but eh, you backed off that focus pretty fast since you seemed to have 'extremely' simplified whatever it was you were going to say about her.

Also, third quote of Evan's in that one post is from this post: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...-Mafia-DAY-1&p=7582608&viewfull=1#post7582608

wasn't there a game recently when zendel got upset at joke posts and was scum? short term memory not working rn :p but just something to toss out there

I really don't get this, it seems to be really clutching at straws and over-reading. I personally don't like the jokes very much either, it makes it hard to work out what's going on, it's hard to tell where people are serious and where they aren't, plus it's a waste of time. ****posting is usually the reason why I'm pretty quiet in the beginning of big games like this, because I have no idea what to make of anything. I know I'm pretty late to the party and it's been spoken about already.

You also seem to be over-explaining yourself in the last posts and it doesn't really seem necessary, from anyone else I'd probably say that level of deflection is a little odd, but based on the last game I'm pretty sure that's just how you react to criticism / being questioned. Also your FoS on Dad and Dolby for mentioning something remotely similar, I guess you're just trying to get people speaking though.

Also did anyone else notice that Jacob literally stepped in to advertise and then left

I noticed this, also a few other people haven't posted at all since the start of the game (bianca, Kit, oath, Tina) not that it means anything less than 24 hours into the game, but I think it's worth noting.

I feel like I probably shouldn't comment on this,

In my opinion, you should always address anything addressed to you, why wouldn't you?

I thought your focus on Karen was in part based on meta of them appearing to not take the game seriously in a game where they were scum? I'll read into that game to make sure I'm not confused by what you were pointing out there, but eh, you backed off that focus pretty fast since you seemed to have 'extremely' simplified whatever it was you were going to say about her.

Also, third quote of Evan's in that one post is from this post: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...-Mafia-DAY-1&p=7582608&viewfull=1#post7582608

No, it was based on what looks to me like a poor attempt to impersonate his town play as maf

Well, because every post that's been made against me is about me being defensive. and I feel kinda stuck because if I try to defend myself aren't I just getting even more defensive about it? also because I feel like every post I've made has been about me and that I'm not really contributing anything of value. My main focus right now is trying to judge player's actions and contribute to discussion, but if anyone has any accusations towards me I kinda get stuck because every single post I've made so far has added to the overly defensive mafia thing that's being thrown at me.

The only way you can get unstuck in my eyes is if you post your reads you supposedly had and post them now. The more time you spend not providing these reads after I just pressured you to do so, the chance that said reads can be coached by scummates through the quicktopic grows larger given that you seem inexperienced.

I want to hear your reads. Now. You have no good reason not to provide your reads on who you can now because you are struggling to do anything beyond the chain we're keeping up right now and a small comment on Zendel. If you don't provide these reads you obviously seem to have right now I'm gonna just go ahead and vote you.

That's a fair assessment. I've been going through the thread multiple times now, searching up individual users, and reading all of the posts in an effort to get some insight on players. I promise you they'll be posted by the end of the day but I'm not just going to throw them out there. I want them to be actual, useful reads and that takes time.

The person I feel the most comfortable about thus far would be Dolby although that could possibly change later on.

Dad isn't make me feel too great right now, his posts come off as a defence/support for me which looks like a way to get into my good books. His interactions with Aron look a distancing thing between the two and his posts towards Evan could possibly be similar to what Toad and Ness did to Evan in the previous game. One is in support of me while the other is against me.

Both points are kinda weak but I don't know what to think of these vibes from him, if he's town I feel bad about feeling this way. So I'm sorry if you are.

Evan is confusing me tbh.

Everyone else is null, I'm keeping an eye on Evan, Aron, Dad, Karen and Daniel. The last two look as though they don't intend to do much other than joke around so I'm not sure how seriously I should take them or if anything either of them are saying should be token to heart and noted.

The more time you spend not providing these reads after I just pressured you to do so, the chance that said reads can be coached by scummates through the quicktopic grows larger given that you seem inexperienced.

Well that's an unfortunate ninja'd post. I'm going to defend that I'd rather have actual reads than anything that was just scraped together, but I do understand the sense of urgency and your suspicion. I'm actively working on them now and have been for quite some time.

That's a fair assessment. I've been going through the thread multiple times now, searching up individual users, and reading all of the posts in an effort to get some insight on players. I promise you they'll be posted by the end of the day but I'm not just going to throw them out there. I want them to be actual, useful reads and that takes time.

You seem to already have had some the moment you posted this:

I have a few reads but I'd rather wait until I have more compelling arguments to start posting them.

Your reads should have been posts that compelled you to form reads on them in the first place, that's why they're reads. You read into them and it came off as sus/scumtelling/towntelling/etc. Not only that building arguments on specific reads which again you apparently already have doesn't require you to read every single post in the game. You can always add more to a read to make it a more compelling argument later on but you have pressure on you right now, said pressure has merit, and right now you're coming off as evasive. And I say evasive because, I'll repeat, you could be waiting for quicktopic coaching from a scummate at this very moment.

we have plenty of time until EoD, I'll wait to see aron's reads before I might vote for them. while I understand dad's urgency (potential quicktopic check), I also understand being backed up in a corner and wanting to make sure my reads are as solid as they can be.

@Fleshy, when I get pressured on posts or specific wording I explain myself and what I was intending. A lot. probably comes from my debate background :p

And my dad/dolby mini-theory is there because it is a possibility, and I don't want to be taken advantage of by a toad/ness like combo again, even AFTER I read it like a book. :p

You can always add more to a read to make it a more compelling argument later on but you have pressure on you right now, said pressure has merit, and right now you're coming off as evasive.

I think it's a delicate balance. I don't want to make reads that don't contribute much or don't have anything compelling behind them but I also don't want to keep you waiting because, as you said, there is pressure on me. However, I almost feel like taking time on the reads is more indicative that I'm trying to formulate them myself. Asking someone else who to blame and coming up with one or two things to pin it on takes a lot less effort than actually trying to contribute.

@Fleshy, when I get pressured on posts or specific wording I explain myself and what I was intending. A lot. probably comes from my debate background :p

And my dad/dolby mini-theory is there because it is a possibility, and I don't want to be taken advantage of by a toad/ness like combo again, even AFTER I read it like a book. :p

I see that now, after the last game, you did read toad/ness like a book, so I think your points are still worth noting even if honestly they really don't seem to have much backing them up.

I however, don't really seem to understand Dad's urgency and intense pressure on Aron, as you said, he comes across inexperienced, and the majority of his posts so far have read as inexperienced town to me, with possibly the exception of the constant excuses.

Back