• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?

fenris

it's ya boy finn
Bells
Flea
Winter Mittens
Since last night, I've been thinking about how I would love to be able to visit the global seed vault in Svalbard, and now I'm wondering... what places would you guys visit, if money/safety/legality were no object?

I'd also love to be able to visit Chernobyl... I'd like to see for myself how the flora and fauna there are doing. I've read about how the wildlife there has made a comeback, but it's one thing to read it and another to see it for yourself.

i'd go to the middle of some city, maybe tokyo or new york and just sit and watch people wander by, as it's one of my favourite things to do.

Tokyo for sure, now if only i could speak japanese or even just read it then i could buy all the manga i want <3

Either Paris to find out if it's really as dirty and gross as people say, or anywhere in Japan to see if it's as amazing as people say.

Definitely Japan, Costa Rica, and China. I took Chinese as a minor in college and classes in high school. I'd love to really immerse myself in the language and culture there.

Last edited:
Back to Japan ... I miss everything about it so much T-T

Since last night, I've been thinking about how I would love to be able to visit the global seed vault in Svalbard, and now I'm wondering... what places would you guys visit, if money/safety/legality were no object?

I'd also love to be able to visit Chernobyl... I'd like to see for myself how the flora and fauna there are doing. I've read about how the wildlife there has made a comeback, but it's one thing to read it and another to see it for yourself.

Chernobyl, that was a place I've always wanted to see and was always fascinated by. But other than that, I'd love to visit the deep deep ocean, it scares me but I'm so fascinated by it. All those creatures and fauna, things we've yet to discover. Good stuff.
And as for a simpler place, just the bottom of a fresh waterfall, ah to wade in the cool water and to hear the waterfall fall into the water below...it's absolutely stunning.

Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Seoul, Busan, Taipei, Kaohsiung, among other places in their home nations.

i'd probably wanna visit Kenroku-en garden or Jichang Garden, as all of the pictures i've seen are so beautiful

So many places I want to see around the world. If medical concerns were no problem (including my ridiculously terrible travel sickness), then I'd start by exploring more of Australia and work out from there. I'd love to spend some time with my aboriginal cousins in Queensland learning more about their cultures.

I want to go back to England and Scotland (and get to Ireland and Wales!) again now that I can appreciate the history and experience more. My sister wants us to go to Japan and I'd love to but I'm a seriously fussy eater so that would take some careful planning. So many friends recommend holidaying in Indonesia and I would love to go myself. I've wanted to see the Aurora Borealis for years and years. Oooh and there's a gorgeous ice hotel I saw a documentary about..

Hmm. Probably best to just put me down to travel the entire world, please. I'm struggling to think of any places (aside from the US currently, no offence to any Americans) that I would not want to go!

so many places. i'd love to do a roadtrip around the us?? like a bunch of states. probably more east coast ??? and california + hawaii separately
and also a bunch of places in japan, italy, france etc

I'd like to go to Berlin, Iceland, and New York. They're just iconic to me.

Oh, and definitely Japan. Pretty much anywhere in Japan.

Last edited:
Back