• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Plot resetting is just awful..

StarrySkye3

Bells
My Melody Easter Egg
Coco
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
Peach (Fruit)
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Tasty Cake
Mother's Day Carnation
Sakura Easter Egg
I am on like time #30 trying to get Coco to plot in the right spot. I may be exaggerating but I don't even know anymore haha. I made a perfect spot with QR's to move in to like I always do but she keeps going in the landscaped parts of town not protected by QR's anymore. C'mon Coco I thought we were friends. :.( lol anyone else ever had this happen? Did they finally end up going where you wanted or did you give up after a while?

Last edited:
30 times is a lot... I had some trouble getting Elise into the spot I wanted for her, but I don't think I had to try much more than 10 times. Which actually did feel like a lot. '
I'm sure you'll manage, though. It's really a matter of persistence.

Make sure all other possible spots are blocked off with patterns so that it's the only place she can go. And make sure the spot you want her to go to is valid and meets all requirements.

30 times is a lot... I had some trouble getting Elise into the spot I wanted for her, but I don't think I had to try much more than 10 times. Which actually did feel like a lot. '
I'm sure you'll manage, though. It's really a matter of persistence.

Haha yeah like I said 30 may be exaggerated but it sure feels like it! I started before I went to bed last night. I just set my ds clock back a lot so I could stay in the same day haha. I've had it take a long time before too, but it always ends up working out eventually! It's just such a pain in the butt. X.X

Make sure all other possible spots are blocked off with patterns so that it's the only place she can go. And make sure the spot you want her to go to is valid and meets all requirements.

Yeah I blocked off several areas but forgot about the area in front of the mayors house, and a couple other areas with lots of trees and flowers I didn't think to block off. She should definitely be able to plot in this spot, I've had PWP's here before, and it's not too close to anyone else! I hope she winds up where I want her to!

You can time travel to yesterday (5:50 am today) and place paths there, save and quit :) Then wait for 10 minutes when the new day starts and plot reset again.

You can time travel to yesterday (5:50 am today) and place paths there, save and quit :) Then wait for 10 minutes when the new day starts and plot reset again.

Ahh really?? I didn't know that! I will do that now!

Good luck! Make sure you've saved and quit the game before the new day starts! ^_^ I always get nervous about that lol

Victory is mine!! Haha finally. I knew there was nothing wrong with that spot! Thank you for your help. :) I even did it twice because she found another spot I didn't realize was uncovered haha. I'll definitely have to remember this for next time.

Victory is mine!! Haha finally. I knew there was nothing wrong with that spot! Thank you for your help. :) I even did it twice because she found another spot I didn't realize was uncovered haha. I'll definitely have to remember this for next time.

Yay! You're welcome ^_^ Glad to be of some help!

Okay...so um...whaaaaaat exactly is plot resetting?? Like I am kinda getting the idea that when someone moves into a spot you don't want them to *Like that horrible jerk of a bear Barold did to me....* you move them out somehow into a plot you want them in?? *I didn't want barold at all andhe pinged to move like 2 days after moving in (I guess all the death threats got to him) and after he bounced I put a PWP in the spot cause I didn't want anyone else moving there, and it happened to be a great spot for a bench*
So what is plot resetting an how does one do it?

Plot resetting is something you can do when you know that you have someone moving in. You create a new character to scout for a new plot and if it is in a place you like, you go to Isabelle and Nook to get an ID and a house so that you can save the game. If the plot is not in a place you like you quit without saving and try again.
When you enter the game with an existing character, you won't be able to change where the new plot is, but when you enter with a new character whichever changes is set for that day is generated anew every time, so plots change location. It works for the campsite too, but I find that it's not worth the time.

^^ couldn't have said it better myself! It can be soo time consuming but it you have done a lot of landscaping and flower breeding it is worth it!

I know what you mean, plot resetting can be really awful and tiring. I plot resetted Joey for 2 WEEKS, only to end up giving up because he just wouldn't go in the space that I wanted him to so I just let him plot wherever because I was tired of plot resetting. I absolutely hate where he's plotted, but I plan to move him out anyway now. The funny thing is before plot resetting him, I never thought to cover up empty spaces with patterns, and because of that, it's the only places he'd plot. After that whole thing, whenever I have a villager moving in, I make sure to cover up all the spaces that joey tried to move into.

I know what you mean, plot resetting can be really awful and tiring. I plot resetted Joey for 2 WEEKS, only to end up giving up because he just wouldn't go in the space that I wanted him to so I just let him plot wherever because I was tired of plot resetting. I absolutely hate where he's plotted, but I plan to move him out anyway now. The funny thing is before plot resetting him, I never thought to cover up empty spaces with patterns, and because of that, it's the only places he'd plot. After that whole thing, whenever I have a villager moving in, I make sure to cover up all the spaces that joey tried to move into.

Ohh my gosh 2 weeks?? And you still didn't get him in a good spot. Wow that sucks, I'm sorry! The things we do for this game haha! :)

Tried to get Genji into a spot and he would not do it.I spent a whole day plot resetting and nothing. Gave up and had him move in. Now I'm doing the 16 villager cycle to get him back because I let him move uhg.

Oh i know what you mean. Cherry was on an odd spot for me too but after she moved i placed public work projects in areas i dont want villagers to move near or in. Once i have everything placed with paths and pwps then everything should be set in my town.

It was harder to plot reset pre-welcome amiibo update because they could technically place their plot everywhere. Now, you could control them a bit by putting paths. You only have to check the spots you've made (if they move on them) or the spot where the previous villager house was located. Once you get them in, it becomes easier when you want to change villagers and put them on the same spot.

I know how you feel... In my second town, Chococat, I am currently moving out villagers who are in bad spots. I liked Chevre, but her house placement was bad so I kicked her out with Chief's amiibo. Since every other villager had taken several days, or over a week in Lucky's case, I thought Chief wouldn't move in right away so I tt'd to the next day to place down patterns so I could get Chief where I wanted him. Nope. He had moved in immediately right where Chevre had been. So I kicked him out with Skye's amiibo, and now I'm plot resetting for her but she keeps going where Chief and Chevre where. And since she is moving in right away, I can't place patterns down. Ugh!!

I know how you feel... In my second town, Chococat, I am currently moving out villagers who are in bad spots. I liked Chevre, but her house placement was bad so I kicked her out with Chief's amiibo. Since every other villager had taken several days, or over a week in Lucky's case, I thought Chief wouldn't move in right away so I tt'd to the next day to place down patterns so I could get Chief where I wanted him. Nope. He had moved in immediately right where Chevre had been. So I kicked him out with Skye's amiibo, and now I'm plot resetting for her but she keeps going where Chief and Chevre where. And since she is moving in right away, I can't place patterns down. Ugh!!

Ah yes I know that struggle all to well!! I do the same with amiibos. They seem to REALLY want to go where the villager they were replacing was, unless that is where you want them to go. Then, everywhere is fair game. Seriously happens to me every time! I love switching out villagers, both with my amiibo cards and just campsite/cycling requested villagers so it's a never ending battle for me haha. Good luck getting yours in the rights spots!

- - - Post Merge - - -

It was harder to plot reset pre-welcome amiibo update because they could technically place their plot everywhere. Now, you could control them a bit by putting paths. You only have to check the spots you've made (if they move on them) or the spot where the previous villager house was located. Once you get them in, it becomes easier when you want to change villagers and put them on the same spot.

I remember those days! That was back when I didn't really care where they went because I only really bug hunted and fished at the time. Those were simpler times lol.

I guess I've always just had really good luck when I plot reset. I put paths in my town to every villagers house and landscaped around those houses before I had acquired all of my dreamies. Because of that, I would always plot reset to try to put my dreamie on the exact spot of the person who moved out. I would typically have to reset two-three times, but never more than four. However, that could also be because of how many public works projects and paths I have.

Back