• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Help a newbie understand recent update?

Psilocyduck

Bells
Hi there! First let me state that I hope I'm posting in the right place, and I apologize if I'm not.

I know the game was updated some time ago, I only started playing in December. I have two characters, mine: the mayor and then my little brothers character. I never play with my brothers but today I lost my shovel in a game with a camper and needed to borrow his, so I switched to his. He has a feature in his home that I don't have that makes editing homes insanely easier! I thought maybe somehing updated again while switching users, so I went back to mine and it isn't there. What gives?

yeah, homes have been updated! you can now purchase a secret storage room for your home.
once you have it, return to nook's or w/e his home design place is called, and you'll be introduced to a new otter! I forgot her name already fml
she'll teach you how to move furniture around now w the new feature

To be specific, the option to purchase the secret storage will be unlocked once you have a second floor.

Back