• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Wii Games that DON'T need a Wii MotionPlus remote/accessory + Life sim Wii games

forestyne

Finally Left.
Bells
October Birthstone (Opal)
Flea
I need more games to play, maaaan.

The reason I'm asking is because my Wii MotionPlus accessory (my Wii is from launch in like 2007 or something, basically before they started making the remotes with built in MotionPlus) broke, it doesn't recognise the Nunchuk and the Nunchuk is on it's way out too. This has prevented me from continuing my favourite games, Skyward Sword and Wii Sports Resort. tragic, i know.

I'm thinking of buying Twilight Princess, as I lost my copy (I've been looking for it for 5 years now.) and I've never fully finished a Zelda game before, I'm still battling SS lol. So I just need to know whether it'd be worth buying at the moment since I can't replace the MotionPlus accessory at the moment since my bank account is drier than the Sahara.

If you could recommend any life simulation Wii games, or any good ones that don't necessarily need the MotionPlus, I would be really grateful! Thanks! :D

You'll be good to go with just the basic Wii Remote for Twilight Princess.

And as far as I know, only three games actually required WiiMotion+, and those were Red Steel 2, Skyward Sword, Wii Sports Resort. The majority of games on Wii DID NOT support it.

As for life sims, I'm your guy here: Look into Rune Factory Frontier, Harvest Moon: Animal Parade, Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility. Fishing Resort is also fantastic if you like fishing games. It has a very Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing like aesthetic, a fun fishing mechanic, pretty graphics and an insane amount of fish to catch, ranging from small fish you could catch from the beach to giant amazonian catfish.

Back